Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 4:12 PM

Feb 2015
What's the deal with the repeated chapters starting at 98, they're also sketchier than the "originals" from 88+, and have different translations.

Where are the actual chapters? if there are any, or does the manga not currently have 124 chapters?
SteelingMaxMay 20, 3:20 AM

May 19, 6:38 PM
Aug 2022
SteelingMax said:
What's the deal with the repeated chapters starting at 99, they're also sketchier than the "originals" from 88+, and have different translations.

Where are the actual chapters? if there are any, or does the manga not currently have 124 chapters?

Manga
park
.org
has up to 124
May 19, 6:39 PM
Aug 2022
DayRivia said:
SteelingMax said:
What's the deal with the repeated chapters starting at 99, they're also sketchier than the "originals" from 88+, and have different translations.

Manga
park
.org
has up to 124

I am not caught up so can't answer any other questions besides trying that site
May 20, 12:03 AM

Jan 2017
SteelingMax said:

You are probably reading it on an aggregator pirate site. Their bots must have screwed up the stealing of Chapters, as the fan-translations had a few "problems".

Basically, the fan-translation team that worked on it for most of the run, Hox, were working from the magazine issues, and later on, when they got the Volumes release, they'd re-translate and replace the Chapters, as the Author often adds a lot of detail specially for the definitive edition that are the Volumes. Around Chapter 97, they teamed-up with Project Vinland, and worked together for the re-translation of the few latest Chapters (88-97), without deleting the old ones. Project Vinland then continued the translations alone.

So there is actually 2 versions of some Chapters, and on top of that, the Volumes release merged multiple of them together, so the numbering is not the same. As they changed source during the translations, there is nothing between Chapter 97 and 108, so the bots must have a stroke.

To avoid this problem, i vividly recommend you to read it from where the translators actually uploaded it : MangaDex.
Alexioos95May 20, 12:40 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 20, 3:19 AM

Feb 2015
Reply to Alexioos95
SteelingMax said:

You are probably reading it on an aggregator pirate site. Their bots must have screwed up the stealing of Chapters, as the fan-translations had a few "problems".

Basically, the fan-translation team that worked on it for most of the run, Hox, were working from the magazine issues, and later on, when they got the Volumes release, they'd re-translate and replace the Chapters, as the Author often adds a lot of detail specially for the definitive edition that are the Volumes. Around Chapter 97, they teamed-up with Project Vinland, and worked together for the re-translation of the few latest Chapters (88-97), without deleting the old ones. Project Vinland then continued the translations alone.

So there is actually 2 versions of some Chapters, and on top of that, the Volumes release merged multiple of them together, so the numbering is not the same. As they changed source during the translations, there is nothing between Chapter 97 and 108, so the bots must have a stroke.

To avoid this problem, i vividly recommend you to read it from where the translators actually uploaded it : MangaDex.
@Alexioos95 Thanks for the explanation, that means i didn't lose any chapters, just got confused for a couple of minutes, then skipped to the right spot.

May 20, 7:11 AM
Aug 2022
Alexioos95 said:
SteelingMax said:

Very funny when people complain about pirated sites to then recommend another pirated site as the only one we should be using. They're all cool man. Mangadex doesn't have everything so not every translator is putting up chapters there. I have multiple sites for different series. For example It's not easy to find something like Manchuria Opium Crisis past a certain point. Dex only has it to 41 in English. Yet another site has it up 95.
Also must be noted the translations are not lacking in quality compared to what's on dex.

Sorry if the translators aren't getting their proper ad revenue or whatever the issue is. I'd be more worried about the actual creators not getting their cut. But really I don't care about any of it.
May 20, 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
DayRivia said:
Very funny when people complain about pirated sites to then recommend another pirated site as the only one we should be using.

The huge differences between MangaDex and the aggregators, is that MangaDex is merely a platform where translators can upload their works if they want to, whereas the aggregators just steal it (some of them, even going as far as removing the credit pages).

Also, MangaDex respect the official English licenses. If a Manga is officially licensed in English, the site will refuse the submissions, and sometimes, even delete the translations made prior. For your example, Manshuu Ahen Squad, the 41 Chapters available on MangaDex are the fan-translations made of it, while the 42+ that can be found on the aggregators are the rips of the official K Manga app of Kodansha (so yes, the translations are not lacking; they are officials...).

Edit : Also;
DayRivia said:
Sorry if the translators aren't getting their proper ad revenue or whatever the issue is. I'd be more worried about the actual creators not getting their cut. But really I don't care about any of it.

MangaDex doesn't have any ads. It's simply per respect for the hardwork it is to translate and edit something that you should support them (on top of getting more chances for the work to be officially licensed). And with your example above, you did in fact cut a share of what the Author could have got.

But really I don't care about any of it.

That's what differentiate a fan to some consumer lambda. That's sad, you do not deserve all of the efforts done to get these Mangas translated, be it by fans or officials.
Alexioos95May 20, 7:42 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Historie Chapter 124 Discussion

Jsar0 - Aug 23, 2022

5 by SteelingMax »»
May 19, 3:56 PM

» When will it end

katharsis_3173 - Apr 23, 2021

7 by KGB-NKVD »»
Nov 11, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Historie Chapter 1 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Dec 23, 2013

5 by OgaZoSo »»
Oct 23, 2021 6:36 PM

» Pencil Sketching?

LotteGiants - Nov 30, 2020

3 by LotteGiants »»
Nov 30, 2020 10:55 PM

Poll: » Historie Chapter 92 Discussion

Jim_Heart - Nov 29, 2020

0 by Jim_Heart »»
Nov 29, 2020 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.