Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 10:57 AM

Nov 2021
What anime are you watching this season?
Expectations?
May 19, 11:11 AM

Sep 2016
Mushoku Tensei, Spice & Wolf, Demon Slayer, Kaiju 8, One Piece.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 19, 11:11 AM

Feb 2020
- Jantama Kan!!
- Nijiyon Animation 2
- Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau
- Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote
- Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
- Yuru Camp△ Season 3

So far, I have enjoyed Yuru Camp△ Season 3 and Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau the most.
May 19, 11:20 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
It's a pain to write them or copy them here so just check my list.
The Fable has been a quite funny series. I enjoy it.
Also Boukyaku Battery is surprisingly good. Wasn't planning on even watching it and started 4 episodes late.
Otherwise, Mushoku Tensei, KonoSuba and like 10 more.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 19, 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Serafos
- Jantama Kan!!
- Nijiyon Animation 2
- Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau
- Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote
- Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
- Yuru Camp△ Season 3

So far, I have enjoyed Yuru Camp△ Season 3 and Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau the most.
@Serafos so which site are you watching Yuru Camp Season 3 on btw??
May 19, 11:32 AM

Nov 2022
Ordered in my enjoyment and excitement levels.

Kaiju No. 8
Train to the End of the World
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again
Salad Bowl of Eccentrics
Bartender: Glass of God
Mission: Yozakura Family
Girls Band Cry
Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers
Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf
Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

“No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.” -Okabe Rintarou

“You will never be able to experience everything. So, please, do poetical justice to your soul and simply experience yourself.” -Albert Camus

“The purpose of a story is that it's a story. It can be more, but it can never be less.” -Jade Ring

“Sometimes I want to go back in time at certain points of my life, not to change anything, just to feel the experience once more.” -I Don't Know

"When we reduce people to one or a few characteristics, they hear all the time, we remove their humanity." -CinemaWins

“As kids, we love the heroes. As adults, we understand the villains'' -Abhysheq

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end" -John Lennon

“If you know exactly where you're headed, it’s no fun at all” -Soma Yukihira
May 19, 11:43 AM

Nov 2021
Plan to Watch
Boku no Hero Academia: Memories
Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season
Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Uta
Look Back

Slow season for me, not much.
OldLoserMay 19, 11:49 AM
May 19, 12:03 PM

Jul 2021
Watching:
- Bartender
- Hananoi-kun to koi no yamai
- Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru
- Kaii to otome to kamikakushi
- Kaijuu n°8
- Kimetsu no yaiba hashira training arc
- Kuroshitsuji public school arc
- Spice and wolf
- Tadaima, Okaeri
- Vampire Dormitory
- Wind breaker

I'm enjoying them a lot, but I'm enjoying the most Kuroshitsuji, because it's been 8 years since I watched the first season and Spice and wolf, because I'm watching it with my fiancee <3
May 19, 12:03 PM

May 2021
I'm watching a lot of anime this season. Some of it is sequel season content from series I've been watching for a while.

The new shows this season that I'm watching have been very enjoyable though. My favorites right now are Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai and Girls Band Cry.

No crazy expectations from me this season. I expected Hibike! S3 to be amazing and it has been really good so far. Having a new season of Mahouka to watch has been a treat too. Feels like forever since the previous season of that show aired.
May 19, 12:07 PM
Nov 2023
Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai
Kaiju 8
Sentai Daishikkaku
T.P Bon
Bartender: kami no glass
Ooi! Tonbo
Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Desu Part 2
Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf
Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru
Tonari no youkai-san
Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
Astro note
Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3
Wind breaker
Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote
Re; Monster
Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season
Unnamed memory
Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen

That's the entire list of anime I'm watching this season.
May 19, 12:20 PM

Sep 2018
From best to worst:

Dungeon Meshi
Pokemon
Girls Band Cry
Spice & Wolf
Yuru Camp s3
Bartender
Henjin no Salad Bowl
T.P Bon
Mushoku Tensei s2 part 2
Shinigami Bocchan s3
Seiyuu Radio
Sentai Daishikkaku
Jiisan Baasan
Ooi! Tonbo
Astro Note
Totokami
Konosuba s3
Jellyfish
Train End World
Demon Slayer
Kaiju n°8

+12 more anime dropped after 1-2 episodes.
May 19, 3:11 PM

May 2019
Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac - Battle for Sanctuary Part 2.
May 19, 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Τoo bored to write them down, so feel free to check my list.

As for my expectations, I'm actually quite surprised. It's not the strongest season I've experienced, but I've been enjoying it more than I was expecting at the beginning, when I was creating my Spring 2024 list
May 19, 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
Watching each week & will finish it:
Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 (can we drop with all the drama & start adventuring? -_-')
Kaijuu 8-gou (1 of my favorites this season)
Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life (Fenrys carries this show)
The New Gate (I was reading the manga, before I started reading manhwa)
The Fable (the other favorite of this season)

Watched something of it & might drop anytime:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 (1 ep - it was a cold shower tbh)
Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? (2ep - I dunno if I'm not in the mood for romance or this one is just not good enough as a romance)
Unnamed Memory (2ep - same explanation as ^)

Still have to start watching:
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen
Sentai Daishikkaku
Bartender: Kami no Glass
Kenka Dokugaku
Highspeed Etoile (the score is so low, it might be a 1ep drop)
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 19, 3:40 PM

May 2021
watching Kaiju and Train to the End of the World weekly and enjoying them both a lot!

seen one ep of a couple others but nothing stuck enough that I’ve wanted to circle back

it’s kind of a bare bones season for me tbh
May 19, 4:02 PM

Apr 2020
Series
T.P Bon
Tonari no Youkai-san
Sentai Daishikkaku
Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai
Spice and Wolf remake
Kaiju No.8

Movies
Kuramerukagari
Kurayukaba

Better season than I expected tbh a lot of interesting shows
May 19, 5:43 PM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Top 3 right now would be:
Mushoku Tensei S2Pt2
Kaiju No. 8
Yuru Camp season 3

You can see what else I’m watching & how I score them by looking at my Anime List https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ohayotaku&view=tile&status=1
May 19, 6:29 PM

Jun 2019
I'm only counting series new to spring of 2024 and not continuing series which are airing presently week to week but which started in an earlier season, of which I'm watching two (Dungeon Meshi which started in the winter of 2024 and Tousouchuu: Great Mission which started in the spring of 2023). I'm also not watching any returning seasons of pre-spring 2024 series, of which a few currently airing are from series that I've watched and followed, but am not at the moment due to reasons.

All others are fair game.

I'll rank them from best to worst (or from my personal top favorite to least favorite, if one prefers to look at it that way) and provide the tentative/speculative ratings. A lot of my numerical ratings will be the same as there are only so many available digits for ratings and it takes a whole lot to move that needle, but that's why the numbered rankings exist to provide more of a distinction. Only one series, the first series listed, because it's an ONA which released in its entirety in one batch at the same time/on the same day, has an actual final rating applied to it. Because all of it already concluded airing it's one of only two I was able to complete and the only one I actually did finish thus far. And I don't actually formally rate anything in practice until total completion so all other ratings are just theoretical mental speculation for the time being and subject to change:

Anyway:

1.) T.P. BON - 7/10
2.) Tonari no Youkai-san - 7/10
3.) Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? - 7/10
4.) Astro Note - 7/10
5.) Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 7/10
6.) Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi - 6/10
7.) Girls Band Cry - 7/10
8.) Blue Archive the Animation - 6/10
9.) Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai - 6/10
10.) Sentai Daishikkaku - 6/10
11.) An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride - 6/10
12.) Henjin no Salad Bowl - 6/10
13.) Ooi! Tonbo - 6/10
14.) I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability - 5/10

Plus:

- Grimm Kumikyoku - N/A for rating yet (just started and still too far behind)

May still watch:

- Highspeed Etoile

That is all.

Nirinbo said:
Kaiju n°8

This is one that, without knowing anything about beyond its overview archival page on MAL which I look at for all anime, I started watching, but for whatever reason very shortly into the first episode was overcome with an instinctive sense that I would strongly dislike, so instead of watching straight through, clicked around to a few different scenes, it then looked like something I'd really dislike, so then ended up dropping after a few minutes from the first episode watched, never having even added to my list.

That isn't that an uncommon of an experience for me. I usually do that with at least a few series per season. I just found it funny when I learned after the fact that this was apparently one of the most hyped and popular or successful ones.
WatchTillTandavaMay 19, 7:18 PM
May 19, 11:44 PM

May 2018
What is worth checking out from this season:

Kuramerukagari and Kurayukaba
Dungeon Meshi
Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai
Sentai Daishikkaku
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season
Kaijuu 8-gou
Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season
The Fable
May 20, 12:14 AM

Apr 2024
Jelly Fish
Train to the end of the world
Girls band gay cry
Sasakoi
Yuru camp ss3
May 20, 12:36 AM

Oct 2016
I'm just chillin with KonoSuba, Yuru Camp and Hibike! Euphonium, and watched Kurayukaba and Kuramerukagari and I don't understand why the former is preferred over the latter.

Those Train to the End of the World and Loser Ranger sound tempting, also Jellyfish.
CaptainKenshiroMay 20, 12:40 AM
May 20, 12:40 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to WatchTillTandava
I'm only counting series new to spring of 2024 and not continuing series which are airing presently week to week but which started in an earlier season, of which I'm watching two (Dungeon Meshi which started in the winter of 2024 and Tousouchuu: Great Mission which started in the spring of 2023). I'm also not watching any returning seasons of pre-spring 2024 series, of which a few currently airing are from series that I've watched and followed, but am not at the moment due to reasons.

All others are fair game.

I'll rank them from best to worst (or from my personal top favorite to least favorite, if one prefers to look at it that way) and provide the tentative/speculative ratings. A lot of my numerical ratings will be the same as there are only so many available digits for ratings and it takes a whole lot to move that needle, but that's why the numbered rankings exist to provide more of a distinction. Only one series, the first series listed, because it's an ONA which released in its entirety in one batch at the same time/on the same day, has an actual final rating applied to it. Because all of it already concluded airing it's one of only two I was able to complete and the only one I actually did finish thus far. And I don't actually formally rate anything in practice until total completion so all other ratings are just theoretical mental speculation for the time being and subject to change:

Anyway:

1.) T.P. BON - 7/10
2.) Tonari no Youkai-san - 7/10
3.) Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? - 7/10
4.) Astro Note - 7/10
5.) Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 7/10
6.) Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi - 6/10
7.) Girls Band Cry - 7/10
8.) Blue Archive the Animation - 6/10
9.) Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai - 6/10
10.) Sentai Daishikkaku - 6/10
11.) An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride - 6/10
12.) Henjin no Salad Bowl - 6/10
13.) Ooi! Tonbo - 6/10
14.) I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability - 5/10

Plus:

- Grimm Kumikyoku - N/A for rating yet (just started and still too far behind)

May still watch:

- Highspeed Etoile

That is all.

Nirinbo said:
Kaiju n°8

This is one that, without knowing anything about beyond its overview archival page on MAL which I look at for all anime, I started watching, but for whatever reason very shortly into the first episode was overcome with an instinctive sense that I would strongly dislike, so instead of watching straight through, clicked around to a few different scenes, it then looked like something I'd really dislike, so then ended up dropping after a few minutes from the first episode watched, never having even added to my list.

That isn't that an uncommon of an experience for me. I usually do that with at least a few series per season. I just found it funny when I learned after the fact that this was apparently one of the most hyped and popular or successful ones.
@WatchTillTandava At first Kaiju n°8 made me think it was going to be about cleaning up the city from monster remains but no, it's a battle shounen. You can't have original things, you just have to suddenly become overpowered and fight fight fight.

"So your judgement is clouded because it's not what you were expecting!" No, even without that premise I'd still strongly dislike the appalling comedy, the MC that is basically an adult reskin of you average whiny teenager shounen MC ("you don't understand, it's supposed to be a shit MC so it's ok!") and the lazy power system based on who has the bigger number.
May 20, 4:46 AM

Jun 2019
Nirinbo said:
At first Kaiju n°8 made me think it was going to be about cleaning up the city from monster remains but no, it's a battle shounen. You can't have original things, you just have to suddenly become overpowered and fight fight fight.

"So your judgement is clouded because it's not what you were expecting!" No, even without that premise I'd still strongly dislike the appalling comedy, the MC that is basically an adult reskin of you average whiny teenager shounen MC ("you don't understand, it's supposed to be a shit MC so it's ok!") and the lazy power system based on who has the bigger number.

Yeah, from the description I actually thought it was going to be something closer to Bullbuster - a kind of workplace mecha Sci-Fi series from the autumn of 2023 season last year which was nothing exceptional but I liked and had some interesting aspects and its own charm. Instead from what little I saw I just witnessed a bunch of the annoying type of yelling cheesy comedy and generic tropey battle shounen stuff I don't care for.

Even though my favorite series of all time and a large part of what got me into anime is Inuyasha, which is technically a battle shounen, ironically I seldom watch other battle shounen, so stuff like this which instantly marks something for me as a standard battle shounen is usually a quick turn-off. Initially in my tentative mental assessment I had a higher opinion of and rated higher a series like Sentai Daishikkaku from this season, which has a potentially great and exciting premise, but with the past two episodes I'm starting to become a bit annoyed by it and see it starting to tumble down on my list even below other (in my view) 6/10-tier series for the same reasons.
May 20, 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
The years of waiting for Spice And Wolf, here's hoping it delivers...
May 21, 11:29 PM

Jan 2022
I'm actually watching nothing but good shit this season.
Why you ask is beyond me tho.

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

35 by Gashadokur0 »»
21 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 11 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
24 minutes ago

» Does your opinion of a voice actor change when you hear them voice characters in hentai?

Dragevard - Yesterday

12 by Hitagi__Furude »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

86 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
39 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 12 hours ago

20 by MadanielFL »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.