Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm Raven. He wasn't doing well physically but got better.

I know Ars is doing his best to solve problems with the military council but he looks kinda of out of place in this episode. Feels like a wave of darkness was cast over this episode with the events and Ars breaking down. A very different mood compared to some of the more cherrier episodes.
May 12, 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
With Ars's father Raven on the cusp of death, the war within Missian is inveitable, putting the entire continent in danger of choosing sides. The meeting in Canarre to meet Lumeire Pyres alongside other smaller domain leaders alongside his aide of Menas, they're a real balance of power. Back to the matter of the governor's assassination, being 11 years of age, Lumiere finds Ars rather plentiful as Raven's successor, and even Licia's father Hammond who berates him for not being able to write to her at the time of the assassination, but his daughter has borne the brunt of his politics enough to pass her off to Ars (which is the reason for the betrothal).

Ars still hasn't learned the art of warfare, and to make matters worse, a neighbouring domain is starting to take over Missian, which could result in the loss of Ars's forces. Despite Ars not trained for the war, his face of a warrior is not there, and he makes a demonstration of a criminal awaiting execution on the spot, which that feeling is as close to being on the battlefield watching soldiers die on the spot. It's clear that Ars is NOT ready for war, and he's to be left behind regardless.

For the first time, death is something that Ars will never understand, and this is quite the hurdle for a successor.
May 12, 8:47 AM
Oct 2019
cool episode, and hopefully there will be a chance for his friends to die, to have more tension
May 12, 9:36 AM
Jan 2015
until this episode MC still not showing as any sense of Adult people that reincarnate to Isekai, like purely kids in act and mentality
May 12, 9:46 AM
Jul 2023
Such a powerful moment, Ars maybe old enough to take on some of his father duties, but he certainly not ready for the burden of it. Even as an adult in past life, being responsible for the fate of others is not something that can be shoulder lightly.
May 12, 9:53 AM

Jul 2022
I think this was the best episode so far. Ars' reaction to seeing death firsthand and leading people to war felt quite realistic. He is not yet ready, despite being an elderly person reincarnated in a child's body. Leadership in war requires more than age or experience.
May 12, 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Loved this week's dark and raw episode, kudos for the direction for changing the color design after the death of the convict. Aside that, Ars did make it thru his first meeting with another lords on behalf of his father, and officially he meet his father in law. The preparations for the war are on march now, I want to see Ars determination next episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 12, 11:23 AM
Sep 2015
I like this anime but I'm disappointed that all Ars does is preparing for a war instead of finding a pacifist path, negotiation, economic pressure, there are so many options on the table but Ars just think only of war, and he's not even prepare for it.
May 12, 12:19 PM

Aug 2021
I have one question for the Novel readers, I've also read a decent amount of the manga by now, much more than this season could possibly cover, but as far as I am aware Ars mother is never mentioned, even when his twin siblings were born. What exactly happened to her or is that never mentioned in the novel either?
May 12, 12:33 PM

Mar 2024
So, what about the endless whining from some at this forum about how overpowered the protagonist is, now?
May 12, 1:21 PM

Feb 2019
What an episode from Kantei skill. War is coming and it’s time for us to see if all the work Ars has put in is enough. This really felt like a humbling experience for Ars, who to this point has been on a roll recruiting people and filling in shoes that far exceed his age.

I feel like the whole meeting with the Lord of the realm could’ve been an email, buddy summoned them all there for two sentences on preparing for war lmao. On the bright side, Ars did get some experience attending a big meeting and he met Licia’s dad.

I love how they made it seem like Lord Hammond was gonna be an asshole, but is just a doting dad who realises he hasn’t always been the best dad to Licia and just wants her taken care of. Ars better make sure he replies to her letters promptly in the future 😂

Last few mins of the ep is where things reaally got interesting and I enjoyed the dark twist. Up until this point, Ars has got by with his knowledge of past events, intelligence and appraisal skills, but preparing for a war and fighting in one are two totally different things. You can get the best most qualified people with all these skills, still won’t prepare you for the horrors of war and I’m glad they didn’t shy away from showing that.

Seeing another human die or killing someone is something that is inherently harmful to the human psyche. A sheltered noble, no matter how intelligent, is not prepared to lead men to war where they will potentially die. Hard watching Ars breakdown and get left behind like that, but he really isn’t ready.

Next episode can’t come soon enough, I’m worried about Raven fighting in his current condition..
Marinate1016May 12, 2:04 PM
May 12, 2:31 PM
Dec 2020
Sen16 said:
until this episode MC still not showing as any sense of Adult people that reincarnate to Isekai, like purely kids in act and mentality

That's what has been bothering me about this show. It's easy to forget that's it's an isekai. Despite being an old man on the inside, he always acts like such a damn child.
May 12, 2:37 PM
Oct 2022
This would have been a good episode to clear up his suspicions of the girl, and not right the moment she put on her puppy dog eyes and blushed a bit. Hearing from her own father that she's broken character and started losing her composure because he's not writing back would have been more than enough to solve that issue.
May 12, 3:26 PM
Apr 2023
His immaturity doesn't make alot of sense as someone who's reincarnated and knows they have. Kinda funny watching him lose his composure over some criminal being executed. He didn't freak out/seem to care when all those slavers were killed in front of him while rescuing the mage chick. Just seems like a bit of a plot hole imo for the sake of having his dad probably die to progress the story. (I'm an anime only, just foreshadowing off what informations been given) don't get me wrong tho I've been enjoying this show for what it's worth :)
May 12, 3:54 PM

Dec 2011
phantomfandom said:
I like this anime but I'm disappointed that all Ars does is preparing for a war instead of finding a pacifist path, negotiation, economic pressure, there are so many options on the table but Ars just think only of war, and he's not even prepare for it.

He can't even talk without stuttering when he's summoned to the round table, what do you expect?

He's also pretty much a nobody where his guardians are more well-known than he is, he doesn't have the capacity and capability to do something out of the box.
May 12, 4:46 PM

Jan 2021
That dude tried to steal the 2 most important MC's servants and he didn't do nothing about it, didn't even show anger. And then during the execution, MC was shocked, as if he was mentally a child, it even ends the episode with him saying "I really am a child"... no, you're not. Two disappointments.

I was liking the story, but now I think it fell to the same mistake almost all tenseis commit, which is: forgetting the MC is supposed to be mentally an adult. And one that used to live in our modern world, where you gonna see videos of people dying on the internet at least a few times a month even if you're not looking for it. And if you are looking for it, then this is nothing compared to what happens in an average mexican cartel/brazilian faction video.

May 12, 5:08 PM

Apr 2021
This was well written episode.

The MC had to realize his own weakness, as one without experience in the difficult matters or war. His heart was in the right place, but his mind was still innocent as a child. With his father as sick as he is, this must feel even worse than just this realization, he was not able to help his father by going to battle field in his place.

I wonder how he will grow from this episode on.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 12, 5:39 PM

Sep 2023
It's a bit disappointing that Ars went to that meeting without even asking his father. I mean, if he didn't tell him he was going there, then his father was supposed to be there too, right? And why did Rosel go to the battlefield with the others, even though he lacks any fighting skills, too young, and hasn't witnessed any deaths before too?
The anime makes it a bit confusing to understand the whole thing about districts and duchies since they are not shown on the map.
May 12, 6:11 PM
Apr 2022
i guess the show doesn't deviate from the law of isekai equivalent exchange, meaning the isekaied protagonist gains op powers at the cost of mental maturity.
May 12, 6:27 PM

Oct 2016
What's the governor even doing there in the 'throne room' at night? And his guards are not paid enough, I guess.
May 12, 7:26 PM

Feb 2020
that was actually a pretty good episode, but the show still mid as hell. father's gonna die soon for sure.
May 12, 8:28 PM

Feb 2019
ars is too innocent, pure, and naive, and it shows on his face. unlike reitz who mirrored the harshness he endured, and same goes for charlotte. and ars' fiancee sounds like a needy one to be feeling out of sorts coz she hasn't heard back from him. it's not like she wasn't aware of what's happening, was she?
May 12, 9:01 PM
Aug 2013
Great episode, Ars is confronted with his own weakness. The next episodes will be even more interesting, Tensei Kizoku is one of the few new animes that interest me this season!
May 13, 12:41 AM
Apr 2023
Hard lesson to learn but one necessary.
May 13, 5:42 AM

Feb 2011
I was hoping he was going to make Ars cut the guys head off himself lol. oh well.

would've been better that way

4/5

May 13, 10:58 AM
Oct 2019
Prety good episode
May 13, 11:00 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Mosuwain
What's the governor even doing there in the 'throne room' at night? And his guards are not paid enough, I guess.
@Mosuwain That the anime choice in the ln and manga we don't seen any scene like that just the governor was kill i think they choice this way of doing to make it clear what hapen it a cheap choice but that work
May 15, 10:35 AM

May 2019
So Ars met his future father-in-law and found out that Licia was freaking out because he hadn't responded but it looks like Ars explained to her father why so hopefully he relayed that to her to calm her down.

Things got serious with the scene towards the end where Ars witnessed an execution, great test by the father as Ars was clearly not ready to be at a battlefield.
May 15, 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Nihiluskun
I have one question for the Novel readers, I've also read a decent amount of the manga by now, much more than this season could possibly cover, but as far as I am aware Ars mother is never mentioned, even when his twin siblings were born. What exactly happened to her or is that never mentioned in the novel either?
@Nihiluskun It's never implicitly stated but there's some indications she died shortly after childbirth from her youngest.

This episode and and the next are gonna be emotional roller coasters.
May 16, 1:25 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
It's a bit disappointing that Ars went to that meeting without even asking his father. I mean, if he didn't tell him he was going there, then his father was supposed to be there too, right? And why did Rosel go to the battlefield with the others, even though he lacks any fighting skills, too young, and hasn't witnessed any deaths before too?
The anime makes it a bit confusing to understand the whole thing about districts and duchies since they are not shown on the map.
The main problem with Ars breaking down after seeing a criminal executed now (at this late date) is that when he was much younger, he already knew war was coming yet he still wasn't ready despite all the timeskips. One of the main reasons why he started to recruit people was due to the escalating skirmishes & the pending war. He recruited at least 5 people, including the main trio, including Rosel who used to be wimpier than Ars, but now Rosel's already a strategist on the battlefield despite ironically also being very young.
If the author still wanted to show Ars freaking out about death, it should've happened since before Rietz & Charlotte became major soldiers.

Leaders tended to lead directly in medieval times. Ars knew what the deal was, so he should've trained since long ago. If he's not going to lead directly, he needs powerful generals to lead for him. Rietz & Charlotte can be those generals but he seemed to make no such arrangements for if his dad was unavailable. & even so, he should've still worked on self defense as a major precaution against assassination etc.

The main gripe I see from others is that why is an ex-adult so wimpy. There's no guarantee adults can handle gruesome situations. We know Ars was from peaceful Japan but we don't know if he had any experience with gruesome situations before reincarnation.
There's also the issue that his dad was shielding him from the harsher aspects of ruling, but he could've still tried to desensitize himself on his own.
There are still child soldiers in modern times irl. Being forced to grow up early is a common concept in difficult environments.

There have been inconsistencies with Ars' maturity. In most of these ACGN media with adults becoming children retaining their previous memories, there's little to no mention of their child bodies regressing their maturity. & even the few which mention it, the ex-adults' maturity is still mostly inconsistent; the ex-adults ought to at least have doubts concerning their cognitive dissonance despite any apparent maturity regression.

@LessThanAnimeFan Of all the forums on this episode & on related manga Chapter 27, this is the 1st time I'm seeing someone mention Rosel. Maybe print media was more detailed but anime adaptation has yet to give any details on Rosel's training but Rosel's clearly involved with Raven's private meetings with Rietz, Charlotte & Ars. Then Rosel's shown as battlefield strategist, hence being a major subordinate of Raven.
May 16, 7:25 AM

Sep 2023
Qxujevoz said:
Of all the forums on this episode & on related manga Chapter 27, this is the 1st time I'm seeing someone mention Rosel. Maybe print media was more detailed but anime adaptation has yet to give any details on Rosel's training but Rosel's clearly involved with Raven's private meetings with Rietz, Charlotte & Ars. Then Rosel's shown as battlefield strategist, hence being a major subordinate of Raven.

I agree with you, but he is still as childish as Ars, if not more so. As I understand it, even though he is a strategist and probably won't be involved in fights, he still must have plenty of fighting skills (maybe the anime just skipped his training, I don't know honestly), which is obviously impossible since we saw his stats. This leads to the thought that if there is a place for someone like Rosel who cannot fight, then it's a perfect opportunity for Ars too. He can witness real war, deaths, and injuries all by himself without being hurt.
May 16, 4:54 PM

May 2016
Ars was definitely not ready for this, I'm glad Raven still has what it takes to lead the war, I don't blame him even grown up men would be in his shoes if they see someone executed right in front of them.
May 16, 6:57 PM
Sep 2010
Reply to Nihiluskun
@Nihiluskun

He has the same mother as the twins, the maid says to her that "Your son is adorable" in the first episode, its in the first 2 minutes lol

May 16, 7:19 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Morcombe1990
@Nihiluskun

He has the same mother as the twins, the maid says to her that "Your son is adorable" in the first episode, its in the first 2 minutes lol

@Morcombe1990 dude really? That gives me nothing. Why even bother answering?
May 16, 7:29 PM
Sep 2010
Reply to Nihiluskun
@Morcombe1990 dude really? That gives me nothing. Why even bother answering?
@Nihiluskun

You wanted to know who Ars mother was, I literally told you exactly who she is and when you could see her, her name is Sofia btw.
May 17, 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't he already see people die when he rescued Charlotte? Like, he didn't seem to care about people dying then. ???

Also when did the orange haired kid see someone die before? Like why is he okay???
May 18, 4:44 PM

Sep 2007
I'm also surprised Rosell had no reaction [to the execution] while Ars clearly did...(I was also under the impression Rosell is younger)

Though I guess it's completely possible his view was blocked considering the 3 ran up to Ars AFTER the soldiers walked past but find it odd that Ars' father would still take Rosell...

weird.....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 19, 7:00 PM
Apr 2012
Rosell was in the war and he is younger than Ars, I didn't like Ars was shown as a sheltered noble!

Louvent never brought Ars to any fight before or prepared him to be the new lord.

Maybe exaggerated in this comment, but it was my feeling, fighting is also part of being a lord.

Louvent just bullied Ars now, showing him his inadequacy, but it was Louvent own fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When reading the manda, they didn't show Rosell going to the fight, but either way I almost dropped the manga at this part.
May 22, 1:33 PM
Feb 2021
reality check...
May 26, 11:45 AM
Feb 2015
the sound of the execution sounded like an apple being cut 🙈
Jun 2, 7:09 PM

Nov 2023
Licia and Ars writing letters was so cute. I wish I was Licia

Damn, Ars met Licia's father, I thought he was jealous or something but nah of course he isn't. He cares so much for his daughter aww..

Wow, face of a warrior. You must remain composure seeing someone get killed. I remained my composure, am I a warrior or a psychopath?
Jun 3, 2:33 AM

Nov 2019
Ars' father is getting even more ill and Ars has to take his place at the upcoming strategy meeting between the main families of the region. Ars wants to begin training intensely to prepare for the upcoming conflict and is summoned to lead his family's army in his place from the invading enemy. His sick father insists on taking the position despite his illness because Ars doesn't have any experience with death and bloody battle.

His retainers head into battle without Ars alongside his father.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

21 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

44 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jun 5, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

25 by bloodyguol »»
Jun 3, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

39 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 3, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.