Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 9:23 AM
Apr 2019
Wow. We're already at the Kansai Competition. We're really moving here. When this season started i wasn't sure whether we were going to get a S4 or a movie after this focusing on the nationals. But with these last couple episodes it seems Kyotoani wants to finish it up with this season. I know a lot of people are upset that we didn't get to see the Sunfest or the class trip, and now they're seemingly glossing over Kansai. But, I don't mind too much as we've seen all of that before in previous seasons and the movie. I'm pretty sure they're big music showcase this season is going to be the nationals. I like that they're focusing more on character here.

The one thing I find weird is Kumiko's relationship with Mayu. I love Kumiko. She's one of my favorite anime characters. But I don't get why she's seemingly so put off by Mayu, when she's only wanted to be friends. She does come off as slightly arrogant, as Kanade pointed out, but I don't think it was intentional on her part. I understand Kumiko is juggling a lot right now, and that she's afraid of the drama with Reina and Kaori repeating itself. But I still don't get why she's acting so distant. I guess we'll find out later.

I was expecting Kumiko to lose this audition, but surprisingly she didn't. Pretty sure she's going to lose the second one, which will cause friction in the band, but get the soli back in the nationals.
May 14, 12:19 AM

Mar 2024
Mayu is the most mysterious character of the 3 season. Seems like she is afraid of conflicts and doesnt want to participate in them or there is something else...

but still Maya is my favorite in 3 season, she is very cute and interesting, i wonder what will happen next.
May 15, 6:37 PM
Mar 2019
Am I the only one who feels the calm when I watch this anime? Even the conflicts are soothing.
May 16, 4:29 AM

Oct 2017
look like mayu will causing some trouble in the future... and I hope kanade not gaslighting her

May 16, 4:35 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to zeroj
Kumiko has had better episodes, I just don't get why shes so cold to Mayu man. Please, she just wants to be friends.

Like, I don't know what else to make of the episode. That scene annoyed me way more than it should have. Suzume being chosen was also weird, does anyone even like this girl? Hazuki being chosen was fine, kind of relieved me. But Sacchan losing to the new loud girl... well, then.

Kanade always lights up the episodes, such a joy to hear a bold student speak, and if she's smug it's ten times better. I liked the episode but Kumiko man... idk

@zeroj maybe kumiko didnt want a third person in her relationship with reina

May 16, 12:13 PM

Nov 2023
It was a wonderful episode. Once again Kyoani magic.

Congrats for all of those who selected.

Also, feeling sad for those who couldn't especially Satsuki. Maybe next time.

Kumiko and Reina are taking their responsibilities rightly.

I dont really hate Mayu. She is not bad, she just have trust issues and not a expressive type.

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
May 17, 6:22 AM
Jun 2007
Onwards to competition!
One first year was selected into the team, surprisingly.
May 17, 10:59 AM

May 2015
You finally made it Hazuki !

It's time for concours, Kitauji fight on !
May 17, 10:17 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, look at that. Both Kumiko and Kuroe passed the first audition. I was totally expecting one of them to fail (most likely Kumiko) so congratulations, I guess.

But nothing of this matters because what's truly important is the fact of HAZUKI FINALLY BEING CHOSEN TO PLAY WITH THE GROUP IN A COMPETITION! LET'S GO!!
Seriously, two whole years of trying and it finally happened. I'm so happy for her!
May 18, 8:30 PM
Apr 2021
billybub said:
Another great episode. For all those wondering
watch the 1st minute of episode 1 again.

Episode 1 season 3? I watched again in the part that you mention but I didn't get the 'clue'
May 18, 8:55 PM

May 2015
Reply to rahez
billybub said:
Another great episode. For all those wondering
watch the 1st minute of episode 1 again.

Episode 1 season 3? I watched again in the part that you mention but I didn't get the 'clue'
@rahez pay attention to the items on the desk, the members of the band, and what songs being played.
May 19, 3:31 PM
Apr 2021
billybub said:
@rahez pay attention to the items on the desk, the members of the band, and what songs being played.

I got the 'big clue' that is The Notebook. Domo Arigato🙏🏻
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

69 by Ranxomare »»
42 minutes ago

» She are as beautiful as the day I lost her

mufarari - Yesterday

3 by Potatomike55 »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

98 by mtfunky »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

98 by mtfunky »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 19

68 by DUYANCU159 »»
Jun 8, 11:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.