Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 9:04 PM

May 2015
A new girl appears who has a different mindset about playing golf and her own style. That's interesting to see and not as grating as Igaiga being too pushy with his ambitions. Maybe Tonbo will get inspired to aim higher after all.
May 11, 5:23 AM

Mar 2022
Though Iga-iga initially thinks he failed his career and his family and want to leave it all behind, but now he's got the mindset of a real coach, putting in thoughts and actions in hoping Tonbo will overcome her past and shake the entire sports with her techniques. Absolute respect.

I want to see them eventually compete in tournaments together.
May 11, 5:43 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode it's great seeing how well Tonbo and the new girl get on am also really enjoying seeing Tonbo realise that someone else her age is using golf to achieve her goals.
May 11, 7:11 AM

Feb 2013
Igaiga deserved that kick in the shin! 😤 I'm glad he apologized though, I was mad that he left without telling Tonbo anything. The new girl seems interesting. I like the dynamic between her and Tonbo so far! Another great episode!
May 11, 9:13 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Loved watching the contrasting styles of Tonbo and the new girl. Both of the girls are already seeing things they have never saw before and will benefit from playing with each other. Another great episode. This show is turning out to be the hidden gem of the season!
May 12, 12:24 AM

Jul 2017
Igarashi leaving Hino Island back to Kagoshima find Tonbo a rival alongside Yoko who has to visit the clinics, he could not find someone suitable for her, until she raises her own niece who's adept at golf as well. But leaving without a word to Tonbo, she clearly was both sad and angry. But no matter, Yoko's niece Tsubura is coming to Hino Island...though in a rather unwelcome, sleeping way.

Coming all the way from Okinawa, Tsubura wants to try the golf course on the island, with the same 3-Iron that Tonbo has for limitation. But being a champion, she's just not used to handling other clubs nor playing it safe, and plays golf to her strength, making each other impressed by each other's shots.

Nevertheless, if this is Tonbo's first step of going pro, it's going to get a lot of practice.
May 13, 2:25 AM
Aug 2015
It's interesting that Igarashi is letting them play a round by themselves. It keeps the distractions to a minimum and allows him to closely observe the interactions between the two budding geniuses.
May 13, 6:49 PM

Nov 2010
I'm usually watching this show without paying much attention while doing other things. As it seems something new happens in this episode, I watched it with more attention than usual, but I can't understand the explanation of the golf technique at all. Since the source material is serialized on a golf magazine, it is written for the readers who should know golf very well.
May 16, 11:10 AM

Nov 2013
oh there's another girl now, i thought tonbo was a goofball, but this one is even more than her
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 18, 10:55 PM
Apr 2023
very underrated anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 10 Discussion

Devonnius - Jun 7

7 by kuroneko99 »»
Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 9 Discussion

Csend - May 31

12 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 7, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 8 Discussion

Csend - May 24

6 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 7, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 5 Discussion

Serafos - May 3

12 by dazedcowcow62 »»
Jun 2, 12:55 AM

» Episode count?

Jokuc - May 24

2 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 26, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.