Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 5, 8:29 PM
Jan 2022
As for the favoritism of the band's characters, which one is your favorite and why?

I honestly really like Watase kiui, I like her personality and how much she represents many young people as they reach adolescence, I'm referring to the time of change, where sometimes we try to change just to please someone or due to a different environment than the one used to during childhood.
May 5, 8:40 PM
Aug 2022
Probably Yoru, I find her very relatable
May 5, 8:57 PM
Feb 2024
Yoru, the only one who gave us fan service so far
May 5, 9:06 PM

Jun 2021
Mahiru is carrying the show for me.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 5, 9:47 PM

Feb 2020
I like the whole main cast, so I'm not sure.
May 5, 9:53 PM
Jul 2023
Need Kiui and Mei personality flesh out more,then I can decide.
May 5, 10:44 PM
Dec 2021
Yoru. She’s been super relatable so far.

May 6, 12:12 AM
Feb 2021
after the recent episode,def yoru
May 6, 12:59 AM
Dec 2018
I like Yoru she is kind and jokes on kinda everything
May 6, 1:50 AM
Dec 2022
Yoru, I was once like her back in my high school days.
May 6, 3:40 AM

May 2023
Nonotan (Kano) for me personally.
May 6, 3:44 AM

Apr 2010
It's between Kiui and Mahiru, I can relate to them to some extent and also find them to be the most interesting.

Mei is the funniest, and Kano is clearly the main plot mover.

They are all good girls.
May 6, 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
I usually ignore Rieri's overly moe characters, but if I had to choose in this show, I would choose Kano as the most original and lively character in the show. Although she initially seemed a little too waifu-baiting to me as a character.

P.S. I understand perfectly well what the show's target audience is, but it bothers me a little that Yoru has literally become a role model for many.
May 6, 4:25 AM
Dec 2018
RobertBobert said:
I usually ignore Rieri's overly moe characters, but if I had to choose in this show, I would choose Kano as the most original and lively character in the show. Although she initially seemed a little too waifu-baiting to me as a character.

P.S. I understand perfectly well what the show's target audience is, but it bothers me a little that Yoru has literally become a role model for many.

What's wrong with Yoru?

Not upset I just don't understand what's wrong for children to take for model a kind personality as Yoru.
May 6, 4:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DragyG
RobertBobert said:

What's wrong with Yoru?

Not upset I just don't understand what's wrong for children to take for model a kind personality as Yoru.
@DragyG The problem is not Yoru and not that children follow her example. The point is that, as in Bocchi the Rock, the popularity of the anxious and socially damaged character as "literally me" shows how socially maladjusted children are. Although I wouldn't say this show was ever aimed at kids in general.
May 6, 4:31 AM
Dec 2018
RobertBobert said:
@DragyG The problem is not Yoru and not that children follow her example. The point is that, as in Bocchi the Rock, the popularity of the anxious and socially damaged character as "literally me" shows how socially maladjusted children are. Although I wouldn't say this show was ever aimed at kids in general.

Ha yeah she is a bit off socially and it's true that if there is a mass of people thinking they are like her we got a problem
May 6, 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DragyG
RobertBobert said:

Ha yeah she is a bit off socially and it's true that if there is a mass of people thinking they are like her we got a problem
@DragyG I was a socially awkward kid myself with similar problems (though I was writing stories, not trying to be an illustrator), but it's a little disconcerting that there are so many similar kids that a mainstream show can get an entire audience out of them.
May 6, 4:41 AM
Dec 2018
RobertBobert said:
@DragyG I was a socially awkward kid myself with similar problems (though I was writing stories, not trying to be an illustrator), but it's a little disconcerting that there are so many similar kids that a mainstream show can get an entire audience out of them.

Wait the story seems to be more about getting past to adolescence trauma than anything.
I mean there is Yoru who is trying to get past the rejection of what she does but there is also Kano getting past the rejection of not fitting her mom's views, Kim getting past the genius expectations and Kiwi getting past the adult wannabe adolescent around her pushing her hard to give up on her childhood.

I don't think the story gets a whole audience out of socially misajusted people but rather out of the people who experienced hardships during their teens (which is quite the vast majority of people)
May 6, 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DragyG
RobertBobert said:

Wait the story seems to be more about getting past to adolescence trauma than anything.
I mean there is Yoru who is trying to get past the rejection of what she does but there is also Kano getting past the rejection of not fitting her mom's views, Kim getting past the genius expectations and Kiwi getting past the adult wannabe adolescent around her pushing her hard to give up on her childhood.

I don't think the story gets a whole audience out of socially misajusted people but rather out of the people who experienced hardships during their teens (which is quite the vast majority of people)
@DragyG One does not interfere with the other. But I don't think the majority of the show's audience will be the "it's literally me" type, since it also now attracts a large number of yuri shippers and moe girl fans in general.
May 6, 4:48 AM

Jan 2023
I love all of them so far but my favorite is probably Kano.
May 6, 4:57 AM

Jan 2024
Yoru, others have been not very fleshed out . Kano has been fleshed out but I find hard to connect with her character as of now
May 6, 7:36 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@DragyG One does not interfere with the other. But I don't think the majority of the show's audience will be the "it's literally me" type, since it also now attracts a large number of yuri shippers and moe girl fans in general.
@RobertBobert Unfortunately... I understand what you mean
May 6, 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
Yoru for now, but i kinda relate more with kiui
May 6, 10:12 AM

Jun 2019
Probably Kimura/Mei, just because I find the episode introducing her character and her backstory the most impactful and well-done so far (the most well-done of exploration of the individual characters' backstories and underlying reasons for why they are the way they are in the present, and the most well-done of the episodes in general), and because she's the most attractive looks and personality-wise.

I can understand all the characters, but can't really relate to the way they perceive themselves and their self-worth at all, but that's par for the course. I can't relate to the driving motivations and rationale of most characters in most things I watch, but it isn't why I watch things in the first place.
May 6, 2:47 PM
Jan 2022
I thought that most people who commented on this forum would say that their favorite would be Kano, but from what I see most people here like Yoru more...

Well, it was a surprise to be honest.

More topics from this board

» After EP9 I hope Kano's mom stay being her for the rest of the show

shanehou - Yesterday

3 by Hormigo »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

181 by Horizon248 »»
7 hours ago

» Episode 3- Producer Honorific (Just a fact I wanted to share)

sekaistar - Yesterday

2 by tormaid »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kano or Mahiru? Episode 9 Poll ( 1 2 )

Royalty459 - Jun 2

52 by Yuu00113 »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

123 by snowykevin »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.