Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Pairing up Lycia with Ars is....idk feels odd. She does bring in a lot of her personality and energy into the show though.

They also didn't forget about Charlotte or Rosell this episode. Tbh, Charlotte caught my attention a few times just given her intimidating she is, like the opposite of Lycia.
May 5, 8:42 AM

Jul 2017
Ars's arranged marriage and betrothal, that was a letter of message that he didn't get on the clear note.

At age 9, Ars getting a girlfriend in the form of Licia Pleide...and she's a rather talented girl by her Diplomacy and Ambition numbers alone, more than her beauty. The others sensing that Licia is a rather powerful girl who is able to temper Mother Nature, most presumptuously Charlotte and Rosell, and having to decide the diplomacy between merchants having a dispute, she handles it gracefully. But in regard to romance, Ars wants no secrets between him and Licia, if they were to become a couple.

Licia even taking a chance to mess with Ars by sleeping with him, and having a honest conversation, she her the ability to discern people, like with Ars having suspicions about her, which he clears her mind and tells her of his ability to decipher people's talents. That aspect alone makes them both similar, that while the arranged engagement is meant to be broken, her meeting with Ars only confirms that being with him will only make them both prosper even more. And all that Ars gave her was a "thank you"...yeah, that was a stupid response lols. For someone with the ability to sense others' intentions that she once despised, getting to know Ars deeply changed her perspective, and wants him to become part of her world.

Ars and Licia's relationship would be a nice one...let time cook the love between them.
May 5, 9:40 AM
Jul 2023
A cute and great episode, focusing on Ars personality, relationships with his people and Lycia observation ability to discern quality display by him.
May 5, 10:30 AM
Sep 2015
The editing in this episode is well-made. When Licia shows us her side of view fulfill what happen in the town.
May 5, 10:58 AM
Jul 2019
Licia-sama provided an essential addition to the dynamics of the series. Her interactions with Ars were perfect in every way, as they respected each other's qualities. Strong, intelligent, powerful, incredibly observant, but sensitive, kind and peaceful, that is, she demonstrated all the qualities of her best abilities. And her sincere dialogues with Ars were very cute and good! I hope she has more presence in the next chapters and demonstrates how she will crush anyone who stands against Ars! I really liked this chapter!
May 5, 11:04 AM
Feb 2020
I actually like that girl ngl. Even though she's obviously gonna fall for MC I like her
May 5, 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
Yeah, I get why the guy that died a virgin trusted the first girl to bat her eyes at him, but can we just acknowledge that the whole "Honest talk" between them could also have been a lie? The only thing suggesting any of it is true is the blushing. But if we're so cautious of her, it's not definitive proof that she means no harm.
May 5, 11:22 AM

Dec 2011
This episode is probably the best one so far. The introduction is really quick to the point of almost too fast but still concise enough that we can see the PoV from Ars and Licia.

It's also really wholesome to see their bedroom talk and the citizen's reaction over their betrothal.

ChendrosheeMay 5, 11:40 AM
May 5, 11:26 AM

Dec 2011
HyperlinkBlocked said:
Yeah, I get why the guy that died a virgin trusted the first girl to bat her eyes at him, but can we just acknowledge that the whole "Honest talk" between them could also have been a lie? The only thing suggesting any of it is true is the blushing. But if we're so cautious of her, it's not definitive proof that she means no harm.

Assuming the monologue at the end is the truth, I'm sure both are really honest that night.
May 5, 12:08 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Chendroshee
HyperlinkBlocked said:

Assuming the monologue at the end is the truth, I'm sure both are really honest that night.
@Chendroshee Yes. The audience knows she's being honest. He's not the audience. All he has to work with is a blush he might have been too nervous to notice in a dark room.
May 5, 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
HyperlinkBlocked said:
@Chendroshee Yes. The audience knows she's being honest. He's not the audience. All he has to work with is a blush he might have been too nervous to notice in a dark room.

Each of them is already trying to open themselves after being asked blatantly, it's on them to deduce whether the other is still lying or not after all that.
May 5, 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
Licia is the perfect girl for Ars. In just 24 minutes we already saw her propensity to prevent conflict and negotiate things. That diplomacy skill is next level. Plus she’s insanely cute. Charlotte being jealous and rude to her is so hilarious 😭 with her getting buffed last episode it’s easy to forget she’s only 14.

Ars is understandably suspicious of her. Having diplomacy and ambition stats that high can seem a little scary, but by the end of the episode we see Licia’s only ambition is finding a good husband who will take her away from the toxicity of noble life.

Honestly think Licia is the perfect girl for Ars. He’s truly met his match with her. Instead of just giving the MC a cute and silly finance like in most fantasy stories, Ars’ betrothed might be the most important piece of all to ensuring the kingdom doesn’t collapse in the future. She is literally everything he needs in terms of political and emotional support

Also like that instead of her being attracted to him for some shallow reason, she likes Ars because of how kind he is to everyone regardless of their class or status. That’s the exact type of mature relationship building I wanna see in my fantasy stories. Hopefully he’ll get a chance to say how he feels about her soon, I would’ve folded with how cute she looked on the bed 😂

This show just continues to be so much better than it has any business being. Ordered the LN and can’t wait for the next arc.
Marinate1016May 5, 12:44 PM
May 5, 12:17 PM
Mar 2024
Very funny and cute epsiode, can't wait how it will go on.
May 5, 12:55 PM

May 2021
HANAZAWA PEAKKK. this ep is so cute, looking forward to their relationship... even if charlotte is a bit jealous (I mean she could join too). anw, this anime has been really good.

May 5, 12:57 PM

Jul 2022
Now that we know what Licia really feels, there's nothing to worry about. I also suspected her from the moment I saw her, those beautiful big smiles are a sign that there's something more behind her; and while there was indeed something behind that smile, it wasn't what everyone thought, not what Ars thought.

I agree with what Licia thinks about Ars' kindness because while it's a favorable trait, it also isn't. And that's why Licia is necessary in Ars' life; she's a very diplomatic girl who takes matters as they are, meaning her actions will be more directed towards the objective. But when that's accompanied by Ars' kindness, surely a much better outcome will be reached than an individual one.

Events are becoming more surprising and tough. Ars won't have it easy at all, that much we know. But I really feel a little scared about how we'll get to where we all know we'll end up.
May 5, 1:10 PM
Nov 2021
Classic. Yet another would-be wholesome dynamic made weird by the seemingly pointless reincarnation element.
May 5, 2:03 PM
Jan 2022
as much as we all love Charlotte and her excellent... development... Licia does seem a good partner for Ars. I guess I'll accept this 😂
May 5, 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
I'm not someone who tend to care about age in isekais, however, it does feel strange here
It's probably because it went super fast, they met each other two days ago and they already love each other while blushing and all
He also shares his secret about the Appraisal skill very soon to her, despite keeping the secret to every other characters he trusts (his father, Rietz, Charlotte, and Rosell)

If it were me, I would've introduced her in like episode 1, and progress their relationship slowly while recruiting the other characters, it would've made much more sense :
  • Ars would have reasons to believe that Licia is actually kind and it's not a façade
  • They would both trust each other because of how many months/years they've known each other
  • It would make it more believable that they would fall in love with each other since they spent time together
  • Because he would trust Licia, it would make more sense when he would share his secret about the Appraisal skill

Especially since she also feel like a "main waifu" type of character, might as well introduce her earlier and make us learn more about her before introducing the romance/harem subplot
May 5, 2:51 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Kuroimi
I'm not someone who tend to care about age in isekais, however, it does feel strange here
It's probably because it went super fast, they met each other two days ago and they already love each other while blushing and all
He also shares his secret about the Appraisal skill very soon to her, despite keeping the secret to every other characters he trusts (his father, Rietz, Charlotte, and Rosell)

If it were me, I would've introduced her in like episode 1, and progress their relationship slowly while recruiting the other characters, it would've made much more sense :
  • Ars would have reasons to believe that Licia is actually kind and it's not a façade
  • They would both trust each other because of how many months/years they've known each other
  • It would make it more believable that they would fall in love with each other since they spent time together
  • Because he would trust Licia, it would make more sense when he would share his secret about the Appraisal skill

Especially since she also feel like a "main waifu" type of character, might as well introduce her earlier and make us learn more about her before introducing the romance/harem subplot
@Kuroimi Not to mention the fact that his take on her was absolutely on the money. She literally was trying to manipulate him from the very beginning. The fact that she only admits this privately irks me. She went out of her way to make her goals, and herself, seem sweeter, and more innocent, when she was supposed to be speaking completely frankly, without hiding anything. Never mind dumping him if he was inept- she outright didn't want him at all, inept or otherwise. Yes, I know Ars already knew he was being played, but the lack of candor makes the resolution to this issue hard to swallow.

By all means, Ars had little reason, besides the blushing, to believe every last word she said, just like that. But a man falling for a cute girl's wiles is nothing new, so it's forgivable.
May 5, 3:28 PM
Oct 2019
From the beginning I thought there would be an initial coup attempt and then they would reconcile, but I'm glad it wasn't, very good episode, I want more
May 5, 4:47 PM
Oct 2022
Dear god it gets better and better every week. I like this weeks episode as much as I liked charlotte’s. Now if we could just get this level of conversation (between Ars and Licia on his bed) in some of the romance anime we watch between adults instead of 9 year olds 😂😂. Regardless I’m loving this show. This is another one where I haven’t read the manga. I’ve been putting it off till this season ends as I’m enjoying these surprises so much but alas after all I’m not gonna make it. I have to read it now lol. I hope the rest of you are enjoying this one as much I am.
May 5, 4:50 PM
Oct 2022
HyperlinkBlocked said:

Did you finish the episode? As she rode away from the estate and we got to see her inner monologue? Go back and watch the last 3-4 mins of the show my friend. It should quell your suspicions 😂😂
May 5, 4:51 PM

Mar 2008
Did Charlotte get a massive bust upgrade this episode, I literally had to question who that was at first because I was like she was not even remotely that busty in her slave outfit.

Like the new girl, she cute. And her diplomacy is exactly what a small kingdom needs.
May 5, 5:12 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to acidbart
HyperlinkBlocked said:

Did you finish the episode? As she rode away from the estate and we got to see her inner monologue? Go back and watch the last 3-4 mins of the show my friend. It should quell your suspicions 😂😂
@acidbart My brother in Christ, we, as the audience, bearing knowledge of her internal monologue, and meta-knowledge about the world, know she means him no harm. But he, having only a blush in a dark room to work with, basically got no real confirmation.
May 5, 6:43 PM

Feb 2019
him ending up engaged wasn't a surprise since it was expected to have his fiancee show up in one of these episodes. ars being weary of her was understandable, but everything was pretty lackluster IMO. the only highlight was charlotte getting jealous lol
May 5, 6:58 PM

Apr 2008
Should anyone hinder the beautiful world he's building, I'll crush every single one of them 😭... the way she says it with the wholesome smile on her face 😅. I wouldn't want to cross her.
May 5, 9:31 PM
Apr 2023
Ars with his ability to read capabilities, and Licia with her ability to read intentions (this is why she has great diplomatic skills), they'll be unstoppable in the world of nobility and politics. Not only they'll be able pick the right people to work with, but they'll also be able to keep treacherous ones away.
May 5, 9:38 PM
Sep 2021
it was good as a whole, but i hate when she started telling what she was thinking. like what kind of lazy storytelling is this?
May 6, 10:58 AM
Oct 2019
PDF anime once again, disgusting
May 6, 1:35 PM
Dec 2020
Putting the "I wanna marry a strong man" ambition aside (like, I get it, times were different and all that), Licia is cute as hell. Like dangerously cute. I really wanted to not trust her, because Ars didn't trust her, but all I could think of is "come on, Ars, look at how adorable she is! Adopt her like you did the others!" My fatherly instincts kicked in hard, so I'm glad I wasn't betrayed because that would be the end of me.

Licia is a smart smooth-talker with huge ambitions, so she compliments the crew perfectly. She's exactly what they lacked, which is obviously intentional on the part of the writer, but the fact that she's Ars's betrothed (and a cute little pumpkin at that) makes it so much better. I wasn't expecting to like this series that much, but I'm really getting into it now.
May 6, 4:41 PM
Jul 2012
Lurik259 said:
Classic. Yet another would-be wholesome dynamic made weird by the seemingly pointless reincarnation element

This, this, a hundred times this. There are already too many series that have an arbitrary isekai element in them simply because they want to be a part of the isekai bandwagon. In many cases, it's just a useless plot element, but here, that decision is actively undermining the story with a troubling age-gap relationship. Unless they reveal very soon that Licia was also isekai'd, this issue will be a stain on an otherwise good show.
May 7, 1:02 PM

Nov 2009
MC's still a kid and he's already being married off, LOL.

And the new girl... her "stats" is literally made for politics...

Also... MC got used to her pretty quick huh... he only suspected her for like a couple of seconds... and then changes his mind cause she's "cute"...

Charlotte's also noticed this too, but she isn't going to try and stop her master. (especially after she gets hooked in by the new girl's compliments)

Feels like half of the way people listens to her is... due to her appearance (of being "cute")...

Plus, she went on a "night visit" into MC's room. But she just wanted to talk.

Judging by his reactions after the night visit. Soon... MC will just be simping for this girl..

(TBH, I would marry Licia for her cute looks...)

Between the cute Loli and the booba, MC's harem gathering is going pretty well huh.

BTW... "marry a powerful men to escape this world of scheming".... is already a sheme... so you're not escaping anything, LOL

And... "I'll crush every single one"

Driver: "Li-Licia-sama?

LOOOL (if she wasn't already shown to be the vebal type, I would have imagine her crushing people's OO from her personality and looks)

Another thing...

How long has it been since episode 4's 3 year time skip?

MC's height is still mostly the same when he was meeting Licia,

HOWEVER at the end of episode... the twin babies shown in episode 4... is now WALKING and STANDING... and can hand Apples to their father.... They have to be at least 3~4 years old.

So that means every episode will be a 3 year time skip then? ( at least until MC meets with all his "harem members") (either at start or end of episode... lol)
amlgMay 7, 1:15 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 8, 1:40 AM
Mar 2012
Ars thinking like Anya at start lol. Licia quite knowledgeable even 'schemes' on the weather.
nice town date. Ars & Char funny faces today.
tea talk wholesome. Very unusual & ironic backstory. Her pov of the same events quite refreshing.
Both so cute, and transition to ED suits well. Yandere Hanazawa returns!!
May 9, 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
Reply to ilmerluz
PDF anime once again, disgusting
@ilmerluz you mean higher than powerpoint? or lower?

May 9, 5:25 AM

Jun 2008
This show is a good example of why stories with one note characters aren't good.
Even if the setup itself could work out and be interesting, the characters pull the entire experience down.
May 9, 2:26 PM
Mar 2023
Cute episode..but "dont trust anyone,make contracts even with your friends"..friends,brothers,mother father...dont trust anyone,always sign contracts... ... ... ..
May 9, 2:40 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Ryoda-
This show is a good example of why stories with one note characters aren't good.
Even if the setup itself could work out and be interesting, the characters pull the entire experience down.
@Ryoda- No,not characters,unrealistic behaviour of people.10 year girl can not think about all that,ars was 6-7 year old and was given tasks,also in 9 year he wanted to go fight,Ritz portrayed too strong for his ages,in reality he couldve not defeat whole gang of slaver(especially cut through fire magic),trap for boars that was depicted needed many days to cut all trees and prepare it,author couldve shown small trap with 2 boar capacity.Charlotte done too strong magic for the first time(why need army if she can just bomb anyone?),Author couldve add 3-4 more years to characters (1-2 for Ritz).
May 10, 2:06 AM
May 2023
man, hanazawa make this anime more likeable, lycia is a great character, she's very cute and wise.

just hoping for more lycia in the future.
May 10, 5:45 PM

May 2019
With Licia having a skill to be able to tell what people are thinking I wonder if she is also reincarnated and if that's something Ars will reveal to her later on. Nonetheless she will be a great addition to the team and as Ars' future wife, and on a side note I think she may be a bit of a psychopath with the way she smiled to herself after saying she'll crush anyone in Ars' way.
May 14, 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
I kept repeating 'because you're 9' over and over to myself, eg. "No one ever confessed to me before." Because you're 9.
Jun 2, 12:10 PM

Nov 2009
A profound episode.
It had so much in, I immediately found myself watching it for the second time.
I hope everybody enjoys it a lot.
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Nov 2023
Licia is such the kanoe. She is so cute, she is so elegant, she is so diplomatic, and she is the best waifu! Licia Pleide is the best the best the best
Jun 2, 6:27 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to dragynfaerie
I kept repeating 'because you're 9' over and over to myself, eg. "No one ever confessed to me before." Because you're 9.
@dragynfaerie Erm, I'm pretty sure he was also referring to the previous life he had. How he'd never met anyone and had a relationship with in his previous life.
Jun 3, 2:16 AM

Nov 2019
Ars meets his bethrothed, Licia who has a high diplomacy and ambition stat. She is great at communicating with others and solving conflicts, and even has excellent observation skills so she can read people. They hit it off with each other, Licia sneaks into Ars' room and they share their thoughts; Obviously it's predictable that they would be destined to be together; I wasn't expecting her to test Ars during their exploration of the local town and the people's judgement of him. That was a good approach to their intervention.

Having a skill like Licia is kind of scary since they know how to hide anything though, so Ars is valid in being suspicious.
Jun 5, 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
The best ally in the world is a loyal and powerful significant other. He managed to obtain that. He's lucky.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

21 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

25 by bloodyguol »»
Jun 3, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

41 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 3, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

39 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 3, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.