Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 6:59 AM
Apr 2023
I'm currently re watching Clannad and on episode one cause when I first watch it it was like one year ago (maybe) but forgot everything and got watching it again where I left off which was episode 11 or 12.
So I was wondering when should I watch this movie. Is it a part of Clannad or after story cause when I checked on MAL it says both alternative version of Clannad and after story so I got confused a bit. But other than that i think I got all the other watch other but I would appreciate if you could also give me the complete watch order if u know it that includes the extra, the special, character version season 1 and 2 (don't know what it is but by the look of it i think it's a picture drama like horimiya specials)
May 2, 7:13 AM
Dec 2021
The movie covers the plot for Clannad and After Story iirc. So either don’t watch it or watch it after you watched both seasons.

May 2, 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
Jackson_rajkumar said:
So I was wondering when should I watch this movie. Is it a part of Clannad or after story cause when I checked on MAL it says both alternative version of Clannad and after story so I got confused a bit.

The Movie is the first adaptation of the Visual Novel (which means the 2 Seasons are in reality Remakes). If i remember correctly, it isn't always adapting the same scenes.

Jackson_rajkumar said:
But other than that i think I got all the other watch other but I would appreciate if you could also give me the complete watch order if u know it that includes the extra, the special, character version season 1 and 2 (don't know what it is but by the look of it i think it's a picture drama like horimiya specials)

Clannad (Season 1) > Clannad After Story (Season 2).

If you want, after that, you have the 2 "Mou Hitotsu no Sekai" OVAs, which adapt parts of some other heroine's Route (Tomoyo and Kyou), and "Kaginado", a Chibi Parody bringing all Key's works together.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 2, 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
An alternative version is generally a condensed recap in movie format.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 2, 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
My personal theory is that movie is
, so I suggest watching it first.

May 2, 10:55 AM
Apr 2021
Never. Just watch the anime lol
May 2, 3:21 PM
Dec 2019
Jackson_rajkumar said:
I'm currently re watching Clannad and on episode one cause when I first watch it it was like one year ago (maybe) but forgot everything and got watching it again where I left off which was episode 11 or 12.
So I was wondering when should I watch this movie. Is it a part of Clannad or after story cause when I checked on MAL it says both alternative version of Clannad and after story so I got confused a bit. But other than that i think I got all the other watch other but I would appreciate if you could also give me the complete watch order if u know it that includes the extra, the special, character version season 1 and 2 (don't know what it is but by the look of it i think it's a picture drama like horimiya specials)

Clannad—> Clannad After story —> Movie

The movie covers both anime and offers a little differentiation so it’s not just a recap. The ending of the movie is the best part and why it’s more than a recap.

If anything the anime feel like remakes of the movie.
May 5, 12:31 AM
Mar 2012
The movie is basically inferior in every way to the series; unless you are strapped for time, save it until after you are done with both series or not at all. The pacing is weird, the characters aren't very well developed, and you aren't given enough time to really care about anything that happens. That said, it is fine for a condensed adaptation.
May 5, 12:43 AM

Feb 2016
The movie is garbage don't even bother with it
May 5, 5:20 AM
May 2020
Clannad is my favorite anime, I rewatched it many times, and I think it's a masterpiece

More topics from this board

» I know this movie's not looked upon fondly however

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 27, 2022

6 by Theo1899 »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Poll: » Clannad (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

171 by Gendolfas »»
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 AM

Poll: » Should I watch the series first?

woojoo666 - Dec 2, 2013

8 by DC27 »»
Sep 6, 2021 7:07 AM

» Is it bad that I prefer the movie to the series??

jammydodger63 - Sep 18, 2012

29 by _DaikazokuDango_ »»
Oct 11, 2020 3:05 PM

» Prefer the series over movie.

ShaggyJonJ - Apr 17, 2018

2 by ShaggyJonJ »»
Apr 30, 2018 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.