New
May 1, 11:00 PM
Jul 2021
What an amazing foreshadowing by Koushi Tachibana

NickReyesMay 1, 11:07 PM
May 1, 11:28 PM

Nov 2019
how about no Reine in Natsumi's guessing game

Reine's smile when she sees the kid form of other spirits and helping out Shido in that "parental" moment

Maybe too subtle
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 1, 11:57 PM
Mar 2021
This was the reason I started watching Date a Live back then, but now it's been years and I have the memory of a goldfish, so I forgot all about these foreshadowings. But thanks a lot for reminding me! If you have any more of these, please share.
May 2, 12:00 AM
Dec 2022
I binged all 4 seasons last week so all of this is still fresh in my mind. The foreshadowing is just too peak.
May 2, 12:06 AM
Apr 2021
You forgot about this one,
RoyalDemon05May 2, 12:19 AM
May 2, 4:40 AM
Mar 2024
Name another light novel series that does it. This what makes date a live the best. Pictures speak more than words so check Facebook and twitter
May 2, 6:24 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Laplace_kun
how about no Reine in Natsumi's guessing game

Reine's smile when she sees the kid form of other spirits and helping out Shido in that "parental" moment

Maybe too subtle
@Laplace_kun Holy shet now that you mentioned it your right.This series is too good lol.
May 2, 6:25 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to RoyalDemon05
You forgot about this one,
@RoyalDemon05 Another one that I miss just like what @Laplace_kun mentioned.If you found any other please let me know.
May 2, 6:30 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Shamblecorpse
This was the reason I started watching Date a Live back then, but now it's been years and I have the memory of a goldfish, so I forgot all about these foreshadowings. But thanks a lot for reminding me! If you have any more of these, please share.
@Shamblecorpse There is actually.

May 2, 6:36 AM
Jul 2021
I would like to add one more scene since i missed this one aswell.

May 2, 6:55 AM
Mar 2021
Thanks a lot @NickReyes! I think I'll just rewatch the whole show at this point 😅.
May 2, 7:02 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Shamblecorpse
Thanks a lot @NickReyes! I think I'll just rewatch the whole show at this point 😅.
@Shamblecorpse Haha I think the series is amazing once you rewatched through everything because there's tons of foreshadowing in the series.I actually rewatch this series before watching season 5 lol to refresh everything up and the fact that I also read the ln helps me a lot as well.
May 4, 5:48 AM
Mar 2024
Only rewatched the series like once. No time to do a binge rewatch. Don't forget shido first meeting with Ike. How Ike said "that woman" and called shido "takamiya". Or the mana saying "brother wandering off somewhere".
May 4, 3:36 PM
Mar 2008
The fact that both Reine and Mio is voiced by Endou, Aya is what is giving it away for me.

Did not see this one coming. But I always thought there was something up with Reine
May 8, 2:56 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
Only rewatched the series like once. No time to do a binge rewatch. Don't forget shido first meeting with Ike. How Ike said "that woman" and called shido "takamiya". Or the mana saying "brother wandering off somewhere".
@SpiderMiles3523 I understand,I mean I only rewatched it just to appreciate more about the foreshadowings and everything the show offers.Its a shame that a lot of people has dropped it before reaching this part because I really think that dal is one of the best at handling it's foreshadowing and story.Especially the finale arc.
May 9, 10:31 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Skurd
The fact that both Reine and Mio is voiced by Endou, Aya is what is giving it away for me.

Did not see this one coming. But I always thought there was something up with Reine
@Skurd Yep your right,I mean right from the beginning it's very weird how reine knows a lot of things about spirits and everything.
May 15, 5:37 PM
Apr 2024
I think you also missed one from season 2, episode 4, where Origami got knocked out by a bandersnatch. The next time she woke up, Reine was beside her, saying that the bandersnatch ran after she knocked her out, even though it was very weird. After this season, I think we know what happens.
May 29, 6:04 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Alexandria420
I think you also missed one from season 2, episode 4, where Origami got knocked out by a bandersnatch. The next time she woke up, Reine was beside her, saying that the bandersnatch ran after she knocked her out, even though it was very weird. After this season, I think we know what happens.
@Alexandria420 Sorry for the late reply but did you mean this scene?

This scene really makes her more suspicious lol.
May 29, 4:04 PM
Sep 2021
Revealing after 5 season something that was hinted since episode1 season1. Well played sir, well played
May 29, 4:27 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Marmotzel
Revealing after 5 season something that was hinted since episode1 season1. Well played sir, well played
@Marmotzel name another anime that does that
May 29, 9:13 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Marmotzel name another anime that does that
@SpiderMiles3523 I have noticed something:
Whole Month Date a Live Season 5 is number 1 on every chart, like anime corner, anime trending, Sugoi Topic, etc. People and YouTubers are ignoring this series like it doesn't exist because it's ecchi & trash harem anime,
Can they give an example of any harem series that had a deeper storyline like Date a Live?
where most of the harem anime is about collecting girls, but the protagonist will end up choosing one girl at the end. 

But in Date a Live, we already know who he's going to choose at the end, but we don't fight each other for coupleships like we used to do with other harem series. 

• The author has come out with multiple endings, like we never learned to please everyone
  • Give one ending, like the Quintessential Quintuplets, which doesn't satisfy everyone.
  • Worst ending like Yunna the haunted spring which makes you feel like you have wasted your time  
  • Cliffhanger ending like Girlfriend Girlfriend, because ending is hard to choose in harem genre and
  • most baffled ending, like the world God only knows where MC has so many quality-level girls to choose from, but he ended up being the worst girl imaginable. 

That's why Date a live is the best harem series because it has a deep story like Attack on Titan.
Which has been built up since Season 1, Episode 1, which has start to come to light in this season ,
so No other anime series ever does that in Brilliant level of story writing in Harem Genres
RoyalDemon05May 29, 9:17 PM
May 30, 8:16 AM
Sep 2021
Now now, let's not praise this series like it's the greatest thing ever made. The author had a plan from the first volume and that's that, which not a lot of authors do, if any.

Another example would be, 86 -Eighty Six-, with the identity of No-Face. While it has been hinted throughout the LN series... the anime pretty much confirmed it indirectly.

Back to Date A Live, I went and checked who the VA for Phantom was, during the Origami time-travel episodes, and she was listed as '???'. So I guess they had Endo Aya record those lines, and made them distorted as not to be recognized. And if they had put her name as Phantom, it would have been a dead give-away. But honestly it did fool me at that point, I didn't realize it was her voice.. the VA did a good job changing her voice from Reine to Mio.
May 30, 8:59 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to RoyalDemon05
@SpiderMiles3523 I have noticed something:
Whole Month Date a Live Season 5 is number 1 on every chart, like anime corner, anime trending, Sugoi Topic, etc. People and YouTubers are ignoring this series like it doesn't exist because it's ecchi & trash harem anime,
Can they give an example of any harem series that had a deeper storyline like Date a Live?
where most of the harem anime is about collecting girls, but the protagonist will end up choosing one girl at the end. 

But in Date a Live, we already know who he's going to choose at the end, but we don't fight each other for coupleships like we used to do with other harem series. 

• The author has come out with multiple endings, like we never learned to please everyone
  • Give one ending, like the Quintessential Quintuplets, which doesn't satisfy everyone.
  • Worst ending like Yunna the haunted spring which makes you feel like you have wasted your time  
  • Cliffhanger ending like Girlfriend Girlfriend, because ending is hard to choose in harem genre and
  • most baffled ending, like the world God only knows where MC has so many quality-level girls to choose from, but he ended up being the worst girl imaginable. 

That's why Date a live is the best harem series because it has a deep story like Attack on Titan.
Which has been built up since Season 1, Episode 1, which has start to come to light in this season ,
so No other anime series ever does that in Brilliant level of story writing in Harem Genres
@RoyalDemon05 youtubers lost their mind that tensura season 3 which they hyped to be aots is now considered the worst aots. Also most new shows aren't doing well. Kaiju no 8 is guaranteed to fall down hard. Wind breaker is like the major good new show this season. So they just stop covering anime. When tensura season 3 flopped, anitube flopped. Cuz if they know they push tensura season 3 aots, they will be as dumbasses.

Also the ending of dal is definitely better than aot.
May 30, 9:07 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Marmotzel
Now now, let's not praise this series like it's the greatest thing ever made. The author had a plan from the first volume and that's that, which not a lot of authors do, if any.

Another example would be, 86 -Eighty Six-, with the identity of No-Face. While it has been hinted throughout the LN series... the anime pretty much confirmed it indirectly.

Back to Date A Live, I went and checked who the VA for Phantom was, during the Origami time-travel episodes, and she was listed as '???'. So I guess they had Endo Aya record those lines, and made them distorted as not to be recognized. And if they had put her name as Phantom, it would have been a dead give-away. But honestly it did fool me at that point, I didn't realize it was her voice.. the VA did a good job changing her voice from Reine to Mio.
@Marmotzel the poll percentages of dal v are on par with bleach tybw on anime corner. Key thing is dal had quite a bit of symbolism and well integrated phantom with the plot. Plus the overall tone easily fooled viewers because no one would expect it. Especially no one expects ln series to go very far. Since it like never happens. 86 is 100% not getting adapted very far

Even government conspiracy theories are far more obvious.
Jun 1, 11:24 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to NickReyes
@Alexandria420 Sorry for the late reply but did you mean this scene?

This scene really makes her more suspicious lol.
@NickReyes Yup, that's the scene. I really think there might be more, though.I mean, there are so many scenes hinting at Reine being the spirit of origin/mio, lol.
5 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to Alexandria420
@NickReyes Yup, that's the scene. I really think there might be more, though.I mean, there are so many scenes hinting at Reine being the spirit of origin/mio, lol.
@Alexandria420 dal really separated itself from other animes especially ln animes by heavily building the story and climax for 50ish episodes. And 16 volumes. Big payoff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

80 by JamalPenguinz »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

52 by BBNK17 »»
11 hours ago

» Imagine watching this subtitled, lol ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - May 23

76 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
11 hours ago

» Shido and Mana backstory

CocoaGalaxy - May 31

8 by timemoon2000 »»
Jun 1, 1:49 PM

» Is this gonna be the final season? ( 1 2 )

keithgriff - May 19

52 by RoyalDemon05 »»
Jun 1, 3:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.