Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 1, 5:41 AM

Jul 2021
This anime is basically Suikoden the anime. To those people who havent heard Suikoden. Its basically a JRPG who the MC collect the 100 stars of destiny hero to fight the evil empire. Suikoden 2 which is considered one of the BEST JRPG ever in terms of story. I am having a similar vibe with this anime.
May 1, 5:48 AM
Jun 2022
personally I am watching this and it's so damn good too
May 1, 5:52 AM
Dec 2022
it's good definitely, but nothing to write home about.
May 1, 6:03 AM
Dec 2022
And speaking from experience, it can go down after he collects all set of characters. every episode is about collecting character, not only that it's addictive it also gives a since of achievement so ofc it feels good. no different to an isekai protagonist leveling up or collecting skill. iam more interested in what comes after that.
May 1, 6:08 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to iiDavion
personally I am watching this and it's so damn good too
@iiDavion It was so GOOD that I cant wait for the next episode and I went straight to read the manga. Thankfully the manga is 120 chapters. (episode 4 is chapter 16 in the manga to those who interested to read.)
May 1, 6:09 AM
Jun 2022
RjtheGreat14 said:
@iiDavion It was so GOOD that I cant wait for the next episode and I went straight to read the manga. Thankfully the manga is 120 chapters. (episode 4 is chapter 16 in the manga to those who interested to read.)

same here I also can't wait for the next episode
May 1, 6:21 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
And speaking from experience, it can go down after he collects all set of characters. every episode is about collecting character, not only that it's addictive it also gives a since of achievement so ofc it feels good. no different to an isekai protagonist leveling up or collecting skill. iam more interested in what comes after that.
@Yeshaiah2015yesh I think this anime is much more interesting than your average isekai. Other isekai mc just got OP skill buy eating something or leveling up. Here each skill is a character that have personality. In a story point of view skill with personality is much more interesting than a OP skill with zero personality.
May 1, 6:22 AM
Jan 2023
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Same. I'm actually a little concerned by the amount of time they are spending collecting these characters, because while they have personalities they aren't necessarily game-changing or original.

I think the show doesn't know what it's doing yet. If it's plot focused (which I thought it would be from the first episode and intro) then they need to pick up the pace, and stop wasting so much time on these secondary characters.

If it's character focused, they need to create more depth and emotions in each episode to get us attached to each character. I've felt sympathy so far, but nothing that has truly pulled at my heart strings.

I think "good" is an appropriate word for this anime. it's good, it's okay, it's not much more. We'll have to see where it goes. I am looking forwards to plot progression.
May 1, 6:27 AM
Dec 2022
snekkoboi said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Same. I'm actually a little concerned by the amount of time they are spending collecting these characters, because while they have personalities they aren't necessarily game-changing or original.

I think the show doesn't know what it's doing yet. If it's plot focused (which I thought it would be from the first episode and intro) then they need to pick up the pace, and stop wasting so much time on these secondary characters.

If it's character focused, they need to create more depth and emotions in each episode to get us attached to each character. I've felt sympathy so far, but nothing that has truly pulled at my heart strings.

I think "good" is an appropriate word for this anime. it's good, it's okay, it's not much more. We'll have to see where it goes. I am looking forwards to plot progression.

you get what iam saying, i just hope the other guy does that, we possible can't write a hole essay for a simple comment.
May 1, 6:30 AM

Apr 2024
I have checked the synopsis on Anilist. Let's read it together aloud:

After being reincarnated, Ars Louvent is supposed to live in a different world as a weak aristocrat. Both his physical strength and intelligence were mediocre in both worlds, but here he naturally possessed a skill called "Appraisal" that allowed him to see the potential of any person. By gathering talented people by his side, Ars uses this "Appraisal" skill to transform his weak territory into the strongest one! But the road ahead of him won't be so simple

So, this is another generic story about an absolutely generic person who is absolutely nothing special, but he has a god damn fucking cheat skill which suddenly makes him almighty gigachad. Now explain what is actually so great about it that I would want to prefer it over finally watching Rebuilds of Evangelion or rewatching Madoka Magica, besides sharing some details of setting with your favorite JRPG.

Its basically a JRPG

You have also made an incorrect comparison. Suikoden is a role-play game, not cheat skill power fantasy game.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 1, 6:40 AM
Apr 2021
I'm liking it so far too. it's great
May 1, 7:14 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to PostMahouShoujo
I have checked the synopsis on Anilist. Let's read it together aloud:

After being reincarnated, Ars Louvent is supposed to live in a different world as a weak aristocrat. Both his physical strength and intelligence were mediocre in both worlds, but here he naturally possessed a skill called "Appraisal" that allowed him to see the potential of any person. By gathering talented people by his side, Ars uses this "Appraisal" skill to transform his weak territory into the strongest one! But the road ahead of him won't be so simple

So, this is another generic story about an absolutely generic person who is absolutely nothing special, but he has a god damn fucking cheat skill which suddenly makes him almighty gigachad. Now explain what is actually so great about it that I would want to prefer it over finally watching Rebuilds of Evangelion or rewatching Madoka Magica, besides sharing some details of setting with your favorite JRPG.

Its basically a JRPG

You have also made an incorrect comparison. Suikoden is a role-play game, not cheat skill power fantasy game.
@PostMahouShoujo The MC in this Anime is not really OP. his "Cheat skill" is useless in actual combat.
May 1, 7:35 AM
Jul 2023
Liking it so far, there interesting elements to it, but lack amazing aspects in it.

^
^
User seem to have bias toward Isekai series.
its about nation building, not power fantasy.
May 1, 7:54 AM
Dec 2022
RjtheGreat14 said:
@PostMahouShoujo The MC in this Anime is not really OP. his "Cheat skill" is useless in actual combat.

nha bro, MC's all ways carries plot Armor. let me bring this up, th MC never checked his own skills or used his appraisal skills on his self.
and it's op in these settings, ofc if he had born to NPC's as for a average family that would make it just a cheat skills.
but in the right sitting's it's op as fuck. look at him he already collected three s class character, one is already swiping the Flores in a war single handedly.
and the only reason he was able to achieve what he did, because 1• cheat skills.

2• the wealth, power and thrust of his father and family he has . this all ware possible only because because of the cheat skills.

And let me add another overwhelming advantage he has 3• he has his previous life memories and that's right their is. what makes him overpowered as fuck.

i total forget he was reincarnated, before.
and as he said it's about national building, not power fantasy. so his skills is in all rights overpowered.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 1, 9:22 AM
May 1, 8:17 AM
Jul 2023
I have not watched it because English dub is not available yet
May 1, 4:35 PM

Feb 2017
Checked this after someone said it is a kingdom building isekai, watch two episodes and realize it's pretty generic and heck even a more boring version of world best assassin reborn as an aristocrat(black dude is blonde pigtails, mage slave is orphan girl from big city).

Also each time I see that japan map I get pulled out of the story by those perfectly straight borders, plus I got the feeling the story is just going to go down a warring states period rehash.
May 1, 7:12 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
RjtheGreat14 said:

nha bro, MC's all ways carries plot Armor. let me bring this up, th MC never checked his own skills or used his appraisal skills on his self.
and it's op in these settings, ofc if he had born to NPC's as for a average family that would make it just a cheat skills.
but in the right sitting's it's op as fuck. look at him he already collected three s class character, one is already swiping the Flores in a war single handedly.
and the only reason he was able to achieve what he did, because 1• cheat skills.

2• the wealth, power and thrust of his father and family he has . this all ware possible only because because of the cheat skills.

And let me add another overwhelming advantage he has 3• he has his previous life memories and that's right their is. what makes him overpowered as fuck.

i total forget he was reincarnated, before.
and as he said it's about national building, not power fantasy. so his skills is in all rights overpowered.
@Yeshaiah2015yesh About MC not using his own skill to his self, I believe it was explained in episode 1, that he cannot use his appraisal skill to himself for some reason.

His cheat skill compare to other Isekai protagonist like Rimuru or Rudues (Mushoko tensei) is really not impressive.

Well MC is not DR stone level of IQ, So even with his past life knowledge I dont think he will be inventing guns in the near future.

MC cheat skill is NOT that OP, BUT it certainly give him an advantage but not in way that all his battles is a SURE WIN,
May 1, 7:20 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Luxeraph
Checked this after someone said it is a kingdom building isekai, watch two episodes and realize it's pretty generic and heck even a more boring version of world best assassin reborn as an aristocrat(black dude is blonde pigtails, mage slave is orphan girl from big city).

Also each time I see that japan map I get pulled out of the story by those perfectly straight borders, plus I got the feeling the story is just going to go down a warring states period rehash.
@Luxeraph I have already reading the manga after watching episode 4. It was Really GOOD. If you like the Kingdom Anime/Manga it has the same vibe.
May 1, 8:07 PM
Sep 2018
Huge fan of the manga, glad the anime is being well received
May 1, 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
@PostMahouShoujo This is a good show if you're already comfortable being mindlessly entertained by fantasy/isekai to begin with.

Otherwise, watch a real show.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 1, 11:07 PM
Mar 2023
I'm watching it and I have read the manga and it's very good so I'm just leaving it for now till season 1 finishes then I will watch it again.
May 2, 10:45 AM
Mar 2019
My guess? The low budget production is putting people off. I can tell the source material is quite good and the seiyuu are doing their best but this is a show based on character growth. As an anime with low action content, it should have had stellar character designs, beautiful backgrounds and superb animation. It does not. The character designer regularly produces simplistic (Kaguya-sama) to hideous (Oroka na Tenshi) level art. If this show had the team behind ButaReba, for example, people would have been flocking in to watch it.

Personally it doesn't bother me as I like watching old timey stuff and I have very low tolerance towards any type of action (I get bored to tears while people keep throwing stuff at each other and the plot goes nowhere). Late Gen Z and onwards who never got around to watching 80's, 90's anime (which happens to be most of the fandom these days) will struggle to keep up with the lack of visual stimulation.
May 2, 7:22 PM

Mar 2017
damn I couldn't believe how big the mages assets were.
May 3, 5:42 AM
May 2023
I saw the manga a bit. I was quite hyped when I saw this
May 3, 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to epyon4light
damn I couldn't believe how big the mages assets were.
@epyon4light Puberty hit her like a god damn truck murdering some poor soul in an isekai.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 9:15 AM
Oct 2022
I'm loving this anime so much, it's so much interesting. my favorite Isekai so far.
May 5, 3:43 PM

Apr 2010
I am watching this anime and it is good. People just need to give it a try I think.
May 5, 5:30 PM
Jul 2021
fak yu, many people watching it
May 6, 6:39 AM

Aug 2011
It not that good. Bochi the Rock anime is more better than this.
May 6, 4:47 PM
Feb 2012
Because people on this site put every Isekai in the same trash bag, which I believe is dumb as rocks.
This one is pretty decent, with interesting characters and decent enough world building compared to 90% of others.
I'm still waiting for it to continue a bit before saying it's good though, as those stories often go bad once the character introductions stop.
May 7, 3:43 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to CrazyFrogz
It not that good. Bochi the Rock anime is more better than this.
@CrazyFrogz Eh Bocchi The Rock??? One of the Most Generic cute girls doing cute things I have ever seen! I really dont understand why so many people like that anime?
May 7, 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I sorta forgot about this series after ep 1, just watched ep 2 to 5

Forgot about it, cause I was thinking this is going to be filled with politics... what with MC visualizing the tan dude to Nobu.. which is filled with politics.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 9, 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
This show is boring...
May 9, 4:22 PM
Dec 2023
Probably because of minimal action/romance. It’s also just not a very known or hyped up show/manga.
May 9, 4:29 PM

Oct 2021
Well tensura also has this "suikoden element" and yet I still don't really like it.
May 9, 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
I dunno with its me getting old or those caracters are very childsy. To tell the thuth I have read almost 45 chapters of the manga before dropped and I can resume everything in a sunflower kid, finding powerfull people to protect him, and these people just blindly follow him becouse the power of friendship.

Masterpiece story if you're 12 years old, just sewage waste if you're older
May 10, 3:47 PM
Jul 2023
this anime is not bad tho
May 10, 6:47 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to EdgyLord666
Well tensura also has this "suikoden element" and yet I still don't really like it.
@EdgyLord666 Interesting that you think Slime isekai is kinda "suikoden" because for me Rimuru is just to OP and in fact he does not have to gain followers to conquer the world.
May 13, 5:42 AM

Feb 2011
too many people see -isekai- and immediately get butt hurt.

this show is pretty good. I like the premise, MC isn't over powered or anything, just can see who is overpowered and recruits them.

May 14, 3:04 PM
Nov 2010
Reply to Scootboi
too many people see -isekai- and immediately get butt hurt.

this show is pretty good. I like the premise, MC isn't over powered or anything, just can see who is overpowered and recruits them.
@Scootboi Rightfully so. This show is one of the worse offenders, really. Being Isekai literally adds nothing, not a single benefit, to the plot. Now personally I can ignore the pointless aspect of it being Isekai, with the very rare reminders (that, again, add nothing to the story) that it being an Isekai like when Ars mentions he's never even had a girlfriend in his past life.
All it being an Isekai does is make it a tad creepy with an adult man, reborn and currently being a kid, calling a 10 year old girl beautiful.
May 16, 9:29 AM

Dec 2007
The problem with this anime is MC. He is supposedly a middle-aged man, yet he is in almost all cases the lease mature and confident person in the entire show. How the F is an 11-year-old girl more mature than he is when he is 30(?)+11 years old?

The isekai genre hurts the show badly. It would have been fine if he wasn't a reincarnated person.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

21 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

44 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jun 5, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

25 by bloodyguol »»
Jun 3, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

41 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 3, 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.