Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I think Tinasha could be a decent life coach. She is intelligent with knowledge about their world and life itself. We also have her trying to train Oscar to reach his potential. She also seems to know how to read people really well.

Also, it seems Tinasha knows more important episode in this show than others. At this rate, she's likely the most important character in the show.
Stark700Apr 30, 8:10 AM
Apr 30, 9:12 AM

Apr 2021
Can anyone please explain that new blonde maid and what she was talking about at the end of the episode?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 30, 9:32 AM
Nov 2023
This feels like a "calm before the storm" kind of episode.
The whole episode, I've had this feeling that Tinasha knows something we don't and she's training Oscar Lyeth Increatos Loz Farsas in preperation.
Maybe she knows who the monarch of Cuscull is or something, but either way she just feels different.
The pot scene at the end also has me worried...
Apr 30, 9:54 AM
Nov 2019
I know they skip a lot, but honestly I'm glad of how they refit the source material. Some of the parts they skipped were plain out of place if not stupid, the same goes for the scenes that anime reimagined. Now the story seems more mature and relatable. It gives me hope that the anime will skip and heavily redo that disgusting Tinasha's behavior in the volume 2 of the original as well as Oscar's weird reaction to it.
Apr 30, 9:57 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to ejleon
Can anyone please explain that new blonde maid and what she was talking about at the end of the episode?
@ejleon Miralys appeared at the beginning of the last episode and at around 8 minutes into the one before that.
She and Valt are a mystery to us at the moment and they were thought to be killed by Lanak, the person Tinasha is looking for.
That is the event Miralys is referring to in the scene you mentioned, and considering that the person she killed is the envoy from Cuscull, it is safe to assume that Lanak is the Lord of Cuscull.
Apr 30, 9:59 AM
Jul 2019
Each episode Tinasha becomes more and more detestable. I will abandon this series soon.
Apr 30, 11:09 AM

Apr 2021
gorkthe134th said:
@ejleon Miralys appeared at the beginning of the last episode and at around 8 minutes into the one before that.
She and Valt are a mystery to us at the moment and they were thought to be killed by Lanak, the person Tinasha is looking for.
That is the event Miralys is referring to in the scene you mentioned, and considering that the person she killed is the envoy from Cuscull, it is safe to assume that Lanak is the Lord of Cuscull.

Than you for the info and explanation, much appreciated
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 30, 11:25 AM
Jan 2022
The first episode, I was super excited to dive into a fun, romantic drama series that would fill me with joy each week.

Instead, I feel like I am watching fragmented episodes in which I am having a hard time following the random plot lines rather than focusing on their relationship and how these stories come together to bring everything together,
Apr 30, 11:50 AM

Feb 2019
I really love the set up and the characters of Unnamed memory, but even as an anime only it just feels rushed and weird pacing wise. Like one minute Tinasha and Oscar feel like they’re gonna kiss and have a lot of romantic tension, the next they feel cold or distant. Like why does Tinasha want to die now??

Almost like the story is bouncing around from random event to event. Then you bring characters like the blonde maid who was in one of the earlier episodes and now she’s suddenly an assassin maid? I had to rewind several segments of this episode back to make sure I wasn’t just missing stuff lol.

And they implied there’s been a timeskip since the maid got helped by the general, but how long has that been? And why did she kill dude at the end I’m so lost 😂 This is like watching an anthology series rather than a seasonal at times. Hopefully things become clearer as time goes on. Also have the LN ordered so that should help.
Marinate1016Apr 30, 12:53 PM
Apr 30, 12:23 PM

Mar 2013
The teleported girl from the previous episode becomes a maid and it's implied as it was ages ago since she was helped by this general who just passed away... So, how much of the story did they skipped to get to this point of the story? 😭😭😭

Looks like they skipped a ton of volumes or chapters to skip a character's life inside the castle, and suddenly making him die like that?! Seriously. This is going down real hard.

World building is going downhill to nonexistent.

Just when I was hoping for more slice of life from the different characters introduced from the previous episodes... they simply give us a fast-paced series who are badly adapted.
Most of those who are in their right mind wouldn't want to read the LN of a badly adapted series... 😑 Let alone, support it.

Seriously, stop ruining the story.
CrazyButNot4UApr 30, 12:29 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 30, 12:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Trusting ENGI was a huge mistake.
Apr 30, 2:41 PM

Oct 2017
So there was another timeskip I think? Or cut content. Otherwise things doesn't make sense. Pretty uninteresting stuff this episode though with some interesting bits. Also Tinasha somehow feels off, what's wrong with her?
Apr 30, 2:58 PM

May 2019
Yeah it seems like there's flags with Tinasha dying or at least getting seriously injured. Maybe she knows that she will be up against a formidable foe where she may lose control hence her relief that Oscar could be strong enough to kill her, otherwise I'm also a bit lost.
Apr 30, 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
As an only-anime watcher of this series it's hard to understand pacing and events with all these "jumps" even in the same episode...
Apr 30, 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
this whole series feels rushed somehow there are nice moments with so little time to build up to them and let them even breath after i dont know im 4 ep in and i already forgot what happened in the first 3 ep its starting to be supper forgettable if that makes sense
Hi !!!
Apr 30, 5:25 PM
Oct 2020
this is a biased review, i just like the series and have been following it since LN
Apr 30, 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
Oscar's reputation as a prince is preceding him, so much that challenging Tinasha and making him use Akashia, now that's a magic sparring swordfight.

An envoy of another nation requesting to see Tinasha, Oscar's just as surprised to see Cuscull's Kagar knowing her better than him, which he knows by her name Aeti. Requesting Lucrezia for help about Cuscull, and not to mention the rumours surrounding her, you've got to really give it to Oscar for shielding her, much of her time devoted to being in the tower and sparring against Oscar freely. And with adventurers coming to challenge her tower, she dowses Oscar against them as an equal. And looking into Cuscull, it is more than meets the eye for a kingdom enlisting 200 and more mages, and also recruiting demons as well. Not to mention General Ettard's sudden passing, the indebtment is there, though what will make do of Oscar and Tinasha's contract?

OK, this breakneck pacing is awry for the anime, going way faster than it needs to be, rearranging story sequences here and there. But knowing ENGI and the staff involved, hope they're not doing this intentionally.
Apr 30, 7:24 PM
Mar 2019
Oscar, and Tinasha are acting like an old married couple. And, they aren't...yet. For now, the focus is on the relationship between those two, and it can get frustrating for viewers who are in it for the action. When that conspiracy comes to light, I hope there will be more action than this current Dance of the Seven Veils.
Apr 30, 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
It's already been said, but the pacing was really bad on this one imo. I'm hoping they slow it down next week. Based on some other comments, it seems like the studio might be trying to get to later plot points from the LN, but as this is my first exposure to the series, it feels sloppy and rushed on the studios part.
Apr 30, 11:58 PM

Feb 2021
Lol, He get beaten by a witch in sword duel XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 1, 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
This episode is probably the most ENGI-ed so far for anime-only watcher. Like why is everything moving so quickly wtf

Dropped, fuck this show. I love Tanezaki Atsumi's voice but the awful pacing and the fact that whiny assistant is still alive puts me off.
ChendrosheeMay 1, 6:15 AM
May 1, 6:35 AM
Dec 2023
TheMageDalamar said:
The first episode, I was super excited to dive into a fun, romantic drama series that would fill me with joy each week.

Instead, I feel like I am watching fragmented episodes in which I am having a hard time following the random plot lines rather than focusing on their relationship and how these stories come together to bring everything together,

Yes...anime is rushing the story way too fast they have deleted so many scenes and stories like oscar's uncle added drug in his drink then he and tinsaha... bla bla
May 1, 8:21 AM
Sep 2021
Tinasha & Oscar peaceful life goes on, but something evil is being plotted unknowing to them.
May 1, 9:14 AM
Feb 2022
The series composition for this work was handled by Deko Akao. Unlike other renowned scriptwriters like Jukki Hanada or Hiroshi Seko, she primarily excels in handling a large volume of scripts rather than consistently delivering hits. Although she occasionally works on successful projects, the likelihood of such success is low. More often than not, her projects tend to be below expectations. In other words, she is a scriptwriter who is employed not to enhance the quality of the work, but to keep the budget in check.
May 1, 9:30 AM
Apr 2023
Given that Tinasha is also voiced by Tanezaki Atsumi (seiyuu of Frieren), the way Oscar is trying to marry Tinasha is like Himmel trying to make his feelings come across to Frieren 😂
May 1, 9:44 AM
Feb 2024
Honestly It's getting a little boring
May 1, 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
Pacing continues to handicap this series, it was brutal to watch once again. Everything feels very random plot-wise and Oscar and Tinasha's relationship development has felt really haphazard and bizarre as a result. Timeskips not handled that well either. I had absolutely no expectations for ENGI but they still continue to frustrate me in some ways with handling light novel adaptations, and this series is looking more and more like another victim sadly.
May 1, 2:56 PM

Nov 2017
Why is Tinasha getting darker with every episode 🫣 She needs a warm hug and maybe a passionate and long night with Oscar 😬😬
May 1, 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
What with the pace in this anime. The plot suddenly change and the story become confusing. Might drop this later, but this is the only anime release on Wednesday that I watch 😩
May 2, 9:31 AM

May 2012
The blond maid is actually same girl with silver hair in episode 2 and 3 because both are named Miralys
May 3, 12:02 AM
Sep 2008
For everytime this anime says "unleast you marry him" I'm gonna lower my score on the serie.
May 3, 6:06 PM
Jun 2012
Starting to get really disappointed and more disconnected from this series.

Made no real connection to any of the characters.

The mystery feels thrown in for fun rather than woven into the story.

I thought I'd like the characters, but they haven't been given enough depth.

I'll finish the series, but it may sit on the back burner compared to other shows I'm watching this season.
May 4, 7:47 AM
Apr 2024
It feels like the narrative has become somewhat disjointed. I've also noticed that they keep not bothering to animate fight scenes, which is a real let down. Over all I still enjoy the narrative, and really want the two of them to get together, but I'm concerned about the anime itself.
May 4, 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
Like many have written before me and even the only anime watchers can feel it...
this episode was a mess in terms of pacing the delivering the plot.
As a light novel reader I'm really disappointed they cut mid scene almost every scene here, all the action was cut out
all the mystery was completely ignored (showing everything instead of hiding the mystery parts)
All the dialogue doesn't make sense due to pacing they completely butchered it
They took the whole Vol1 and just took each chapter adapted around 60% of it sometimes 40% and there you have it
a complete mess...
Currently this is 5\10 rating and it seems it will get even lower,
While the Vol 1 LN is 7.5\10.
May 4, 9:47 AM

Nov 2020
Well, another boring episode that's a mess xD
2/5
May 5, 10:19 PM

Jul 2008
I like Tinasha more and more, and I think we skipped a few steps with that last scene.
May 6, 4:06 PM
Sep 2023
People have been complaining about rushed plot and even as someone who didnt read the text versions you can see it.
May 7, 7:12 AM
Jun 2012
The action heavy opening two. Has given way to relatively quiet plot focused and emotional episodes.

I believe the series was shining from a production standpoint with those combat scenes. However the performances of the cast do get more time in the limelight with this overall.
May 12, 12:22 PM
Feb 2024
okay this is actually becoming a speedrun now.. considering dropping now.
May 15, 4:18 PM

Jul 2023
A stronger episode this time. Tinasha is sparring with Oscar and making him stronger.

And oh, one of her enemies has infiltrated the castle.

It still feels rushed since she mentioned that they only have half a year left in their contract. Still, it's a decent advertisement for the light novels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

52 by satyamkumar4005 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

42 by Achilles074 »»
8 hours ago

» What on earth happened in this episode 8?

mufarari - May 29

11 by ehee47 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 PM

» Look ENGI has a reputation but

Shamsy - Apr 16

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 30, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14

79 by scineram »»
May 26, 1:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.