Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 4:59 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
I may be a big fan of Kishimoto biasedly, but does Samurai 8 deserve this low of a rating? Is it just due to it being cut short or do people genuinely not like the plot line? As far as myself I actually loved the setting Kishimoto set up with this manga and the concepts. Wished there could be more, and maybe he would come back and finish it after Boruto? Not likely im sure but was just curious of what people thought!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 30, 11:49 AM

Dec 2016
It was bad from the start, that was why it got cancelled in the first place. The series just full of issues:
1. Too much fucking techno-babble. By the end of chapter 1, you got 8 new words that need to be explain which is a sign of bad writing.
2. Art too hard to see because there are too much details in the background.
3. MC being invincible kinda ruined all the stake
4. Power level reach planet buster level in the first arc.
5. Boring characters and characters' interactions.
Apr 30, 8:05 PM

Aug 2015
I liked what we got. The biggest issue is that it got truncated and ended way too early. A lot of people complain about techno-babble but I'm a lore nerd and I read a lot of high fantasy so it wasn't an issue. The art was a little weird at first but it improved quickly and was fine by chapter 20.
Controversial opinions
May 1, 12:01 AM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to ExaltedChampion
It was bad from the start, that was why it got cancelled in the first place. The series just full of issues:
1. Too much fucking techno-babble. By the end of chapter 1, you got 8 new words that need to be explain which is a sign of bad writing.
2. Art too hard to see because there are too much details in the background.
3. MC being invincible kinda ruined all the stake
4. Power level reach planet buster level in the first arc.
5. Boring characters and characters' interactions.
@ExaltedChampion Fair points, though I do feel like he left enough lore open ended for him to expand on it later as he wrote the series, by the end of it you could definitely see how it was going to expand. The MC point is a good one too. He was like a god in the end of the series. I liked a lot of the concepts and the techno babble. Like the Samurai/princess with the locker ball. I also liked the art personally and thought it made it unique.
May 1, 12:03 AM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to voltwaffle
I liked what we got. The biggest issue is that it got truncated and ended way too early. A lot of people complain about techno-babble but I'm a lore nerd and I read a lot of high fantasy so it wasn't an issue. The art was a little weird at first but it improved quickly and was fine by chapter 20.
@voltwaffle I agree with you. Was just more curious about why people gave it such a low rating but as its unfinished I get why people did.but i wanted more from it by the end of of my time reading it so I gave it a higher rating. If its a 6 or lower it wouldnt recommend it, but anything above that, to me, is worth a read or watch.
May 1, 12:04 AM

Jan 2009
it got cancelled because the japanese did not like it much i heard it has too much exposition and techno jargons that made it boring for the readers

but personally i still enjoyed it i just wish he at least reach 100 chapters like he initially planned for the manga but not gonna happen now
May 1, 5:56 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to deg
it got cancelled because the japanese did not like it much i heard it has too much exposition and techno jargons that made it boring for the readers

but personally i still enjoyed it i just wish he at least reach 100 chapters like he initially planned for the manga but not gonna happen now
@deg Oh no kidding, I did not know that. Glad someone agrees thpugh ! Im a much easier reader/watcher to please for the most part but oh well. It was still a cool little beginning to a tale.
May 3, 10:30 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime. MAL has implemented a new system to take care of boosting/downvoting accounts automatically. You can read more about it here. You do not have to worry about the score being influenced by them. If it is influenced, it will be fixed after a few days.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 43 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Thorf - Mar 22, 2020

50 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 42 Discussion

deg - Mar 15, 2020

4 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 41 Discussion

deg - Mar 8, 2020

9 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 40 Discussion

deg - Mar 1, 2020

10 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 39 Discussion

deg - Feb 21, 2020

12 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.