Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
Arlecchino hype is real. So close to her banner, just 5 more days.

Apr 17, 5:58 PM

Oct 2022
A tiny backstory of her majesty Harlequin's exploits in life, from childhood to her maturing enough to go against her oppressive parents who killed her most treasured friend, she avenged her... but at what cost? her mother, she fought and killed her mother, from then on Arlecchino became a hardfeeling 'Father' and adopting her most faithful lapdogs as we all know, the lyney siblings.

A handy English version of the teser:
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Apr 17, 9:48 PM

Dec 2022
very cool, really nice, fantastically animated. much respect to a video game company for commissioning this kind of high quality sakuga shit, CG belongs in video games only not anime.
this reminded me that it's my fate to become a daily player again once Snezhnaya starts, like in the early days
Apr 17, 9:55 PM

Sep 2016
May all Arlecchino wanters be Arlecchino havers! 🙏
Apr 17, 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
this reminded me of lords of vermilion lol

I haven't played Genshin in a while, I often burn out of it, but wasn't there supposed to a full anime series ages? I feel like they missed the boat of releasing that when the hype/popularity was the in it's prime. A full series in this style/quality would've absolutely killed!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 17, 11:44 PM

Oct 2014
her skills are kinda underwhelming but she looks so cool.

Alhaitham, Neuvillete are still tier SS dps.
Apr 18, 2:49 AM
Aug 2020
If the anime animation and music is just like this short then we will witness some next level of hype
Apr 19, 7:17 AM

May 2017
Gazz said:
her skills are kinda underwhelming but she looks so cool.

Alhaitham, Neuvillete are still tier SS dps.

Not to be that guy but seriously, who asked?
Apr 20, 4:06 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to JVskunkape
this reminded me of lords of vermilion lol

I haven't played Genshin in a while, I often burn out of it, but wasn't there supposed to a full anime series ages? I feel like they missed the boat of releasing that when the hype/popularity was the in it's prime. A full series in this style/quality would've absolutely killed!
@JVskunkape The anime is by Ufotable and they always remain quiet about their projects until its close to finalization and there is also the fact that they are still dealing with KnY so it may take some more time.
Hype/popularity is literally still as much as it was before if not more,the player count is ever increasing and barely drops during filler patches(which only happens 2-3 times a year out of around 9 patches),then gets back up and increases greatly during a main patch.
Apr 21, 2:45 AM

Nov 2012
Reply to CrossMight
@JVskunkape The anime is by Ufotable and they always remain quiet about their projects until its close to finalization and there is also the fact that they are still dealing with KnY so it may take some more time.
Hype/popularity is literally still as much as it was before if not more,the player count is ever increasing and barely drops during filler patches(which only happens 2-3 times a year out of around 9 patches),then gets back up and increases greatly during a main patch.
@CrossMight I made a similar post in the other PV thread, but whether the playerbase numbers reflect it or not, I do think there's a case for a larger big picture decline in popularity. I generally see less discussions, less fan art, potentially less passion in the community.

Ofc the playerbase will care about it and be passionate for it, but there was a time when it was almost omnipresent, everyone knew genshin and it was often spoken about in general gaming communities. I guarantee people who don't play it, think about it rarely/if ever now.

Seems a lil disingenuous to claim it's more popular now, even if it has more players/revenue (I haven't looked at the numbers tho) to how it was back then.

Not that it isn't still super popular and successful. Just that it's cultural zeitgeist has maybe passed.

I 've played Genshin on&off a lot over the years btw. I think anyone who's played from launch til now would be able to understand the gist of what I'm trying to communicate.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Feb 2022
Yeah Im a player since launch as well and although I cannot relate since I only got burnt out once from the game(which was at 2.6 where the update was delayed due to Covid),I can understand your point,but it not popping up on your main pages does not mean it is in decline,as an example I personally see discussions or fanarts about it more than ever before even in real life where I come across people who play it and the player count is around 8M higher than it was 2 years ago.
It was around 50-55M monthly players when Winter Night Lazzo dropped and it is around 62-63M right now (it reached 66M during the main patches of the current nation but the last 3 patches were mostly filler so it back to 62-63).Reliable revenue charts for anything before early 2023 is unavailable so I cant say anything about that one.
May 12, 6:26 PM
Mar 2019
Is that how you win the game??
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.