Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 16, 5:39 PM
Jan 2019
Just had to vent. I thought I wanted to encourage Netflix to get good shows for their catalog, but now I am really questioning that. Whoever did their subs for this show is terrible. The timing isn't right, they add things in the JP cast doesn't mention (like the tractor being red...who tf cares) and use crappy localization. I've only watched the first episode and maybe 5 minutes of episode 2 but I can't take it. I understand Japanese enough to turn the subs off which is what I am doing from this point on....if you want subs watch it on Crunchyroll, they did way better in being accurate with translations as well as with timing!
Apr 16, 6:10 PM

Nov 2019
I totally agree. I also remember watching three shows on Netflix, but the one that stood out from the rest was Violet Evergarden with muddy subtitles. So yeah, never watch anime on Netflix.

Apr 16, 6:47 PM

Apr 2021
Wow that is just awful … shame
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 16, 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
watch legally or illegally? 😏
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 16, 7:51 PM
Feb 2021
Not defending their subs, but Netflix has a distinction between English and English (CC), the latter of which, if I’m not mistaken, is the subs for the English dub.

For Konosuba, Netflix only has English (CC) as an option, meaning they’re not for the original audio. I don’t know why this is the only option they have, but Netflix and stupid decisions go together like moldy bread and expired butter, so I’m not surprised.
Apr 16, 7:56 PM

Feb 2021
And the sky is blue...

Everyone knows that CR have the best subs out there
Apr 16, 8:21 PM
May 2023
MadanielFL said:
And the sky is blue...

Everyone knows that CR have the best subs out there

It should be good more consistently now since AI is taking over
Apr 16, 8:36 PM
Apr 2022
Netflix.
Has it better crunchyroll sucks
Apr 16, 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
Netflix is infamous for having garbage, low effort subs. I think Komi-san was the best (worst?) example.

Apr 16, 9:08 PM

Mar 2021
Logikx said:
Just had to vent. I thought I wanted to encourage Netflix to get good shows for their catalog, but now I am really questioning that. Whoever did their subs for this show is terrible. The timing isn't right, they add things in the JP cast doesn't mention (like the tractor being red...who tf cares) and use crappy localization. I've only watched the first episode and maybe 5 minutes of episode 2 but I can't take it. I understand Japanese enough to turn the subs off which is what I am doing from this point on....if you want subs watch it on Crunchyroll, they did way better in being accurate with translations as well as with timing!

usually, if Netflix licenses the dub for the same anime, theyll use the subtitles directly as the script for dubbing. Unlike Crunchy or Hidive. it really sucks as
1. The meaning is completely lost in translation most of the times.
2. its the least creative, somebody can ever be.
Apr 16, 9:52 PM

Feb 2021
Piromysl said:
Netflix is infamous for having garbage, low effort subs. I think Komi-san was the best (worst?) example.
The translation itself was not bad, the problem was that the Netflix player did not allow for on-screen text to be translated, which completely ruins a show like Komi-san.

That's why shows with a lot of on-screen text are better left for CR or Hidive, since they can actually translate those properly.
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Apr 2021
Damn we don't even have it in my country.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 12:16 AM
Nov 2022
Ahh they already started using AI’s for their localization. Atleast there’s no woke localizing guy involved behind the scenes and is losing his job now to AI.
Apr 17, 1:26 AM

Jan 2016
And Disney+ is even worse.
Apr 17, 2:16 AM
Mar 2023
who watch anime on Netflix 🤡🤡
Apr 18, 10:04 AM
Feb 2024
IMO you should try dub over sub, sure it ain’t the original but sometimes it’s better, well in konosuba at least, aqua’s VA is perfect at throwing tantrums in English than Japanese (that’s just me)
Apr 18, 10:05 AM
Feb 2024
Shinpei106 said:
who watch anime on Netflix 🤡🤡

Sometimes Netflix makes some great animes like great pretender or cyberpunk edgeruners (even though the last 4 eps were terrible)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2016

279 by kagamiiin »»
May 23, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

283 by kagamiiin »»
May 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

417 by GEN_Tempest »»
May 20, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Do you think konosuba is funny? ( 1 2 )

jeremitsh - Jul 16, 2021

96 by vaccinewilly »»
May 20, 1:43 PM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
May 7, 12:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.