Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 1:21 AM
Apr 2022
DaL having this kind of heavy plot deserves its peak scores!
Apr 11, 4:15 AM
Apr 2013
EP 1

So yeah. its s5.
To be honest so. i have no idea if or how.
We're reached the point in date a live where kurumi is the last girl, so what happens after kurumi arc is anybody's guess.
From what i know though like, im not sure. i dont think they'll be able to cram the rest of the anime in, so right now my/the speculation is that the ending is gonna be a movie or Something? s5 is a weird thing since we're so close to the end

So anyway. s4 left us hanging in the middle of the kurumi arc with some of the last(?) big spoilers.
Kurumi something, one thing. or rather, like, i was spoiled about it a long time ago and the foreshadowing is BLATANTLY there if you go and rewatch s1, but yeah reine was behind Well, maybe not everything. date a live is still keeping some sekrets from us.

But anyway so right now, no idea what reine is up to. the immediate issue is kurumi is one thing and we also have to constantly deal with dem every time, soo whats gonna happen now? who knows. tbh date a live has always been like that, we had some really dark moments here and there and like more and more uh, while not super violence actual fighting yes

One last thing is that. in s4 the op was by tomita miyu, but i dont think she actually voiced anyone in s4? it seems like she's doing the op for s5 as well but i dunno. are they really gonna introduce even more characters at this point? i mean i say that even though s4 introduced nibe and artemisia and shrug
Speaking of artemisia its heavily implied that she's either tricked and/or being mind controlled or something along those lines. shrug

Anyway a very very long talking scene and introduction. are we gonna jump straight into the battle next time?

This is the op right? or is the ed. either way we see reine yeah.
Dont remember much about s1 or s2. s3 and s4 had some pretty quiet eds as well.
The ed is really quiet and simple though. assuming this is the actual ed, none of the other girls show up as well
No idea so i guess we'll see the op next time.

Ok so the preview. the battle starts next ep but there'll be a bit more talking. we have like...i dont even know, i lost count how many girls we have
Like, we have kotori, tohka, yoshino, (kurumi is offscreen), then the twins (2), miku, natsumi, origami, nia, mukuro, and then mana and reine. thats ten plus kurumi plus mana and Reine which is 10-13

Not much to say here, the ep itself is mostly just talking and setup for the next ep. there's still so much we dont know

Animelist has this listed for 12 eps. are we getting 4 vols or 3 vols? Hmm.
Apr 11, 7:48 AM

May 2020
good to have date a live back for a season 5
this was one of my first ever animes
pretty good episode

Apr 11, 8:15 AM
Mar 2020
It was freaking awesome been waiting for it for years
Apr 11, 8:39 AM

Aug 2021
Just seeing Kurumi's face makes me forget stress exists <3
Apr 11, 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
Seems like they really are gearing up for an all out war, The budget seems high. My body is ready for this.
Apr 11, 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
Origami with another big brain thirsty moment lmao... we are so back!

And of course that means Best Girl Kurumi is also back. I love the clone trolling the original, her reaction was adorable <3.

That ED sure is interesting. So Shido x Reine was the ship all along? Huh...

Man, I'm so happy to see the girls again.
Apr 11, 10:03 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Ronninn
First episode almost entirely outsourced, now this is the true Date A Live experience.

In all of the studios this show had, it stayed to a definition of mediocre ass studio, Geek Toys.
@Ronninn

so no, dal has been entirely produced and financed by china since 2020 (thanks to the dal spirit pledge game). Chinese fans have set up this project since 2017, and allowed the license to survive and this peak to see the light of day.

I can never thank them enough, in fact the success and the hype are even greater than in season 4.

For this first episode, the animation was pretty and especially the designs were really cool. We have still seen much worse on the animation market (as jc staff).
Apr 11, 5:06 PM

May 2018
Reply to benjic665
@MaouHero

the origin of dem and Mio will be shown later, they already did it like this for the kurumi arc in season iv.

On the contrary, the pace was excellent and 95% faithful to the light novel. A little rushed, but much better than season 4. And the designs are good too

this episode is a 9/10 honestly
@benjic665 It's too much. There probably won't be anything related to the past at the beginning, and when "that" happens it will be shown. But there will be too much to show, so they should only show a part and rush the rest. Everything related to DEM will probably be very rushed, just like S4
Apr 11, 9:12 PM

Oct 2022
Kurumi blush is so cute, I feel blessed and I can die in peace now.

Apr 12, 1:52 AM

Feb 2018
I don't really remember too much but it looks like we got big stuff rolling in the first episode already lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 12, 6:57 AM
Jan 2020
benjic665 said:
@Ronninn

so no, dal has been entirely produced and financed by china since 2020 (thanks to the dal spirit pledge game). Chinese fans have set up this project since 2017, and allowed the license to survive and this peak to see the light of day.

I can never thank them enough, in fact the success and the hype are even greater than in season 4.

For this first episode, the animation was pretty and especially the designs were really cool. We have still seen much worse on the animation market (as jc staff).

the pretty ass character design and the director's love for the bloom filter is fooling ya'll
Apr 12, 2:27 PM
Jan 2017
Date A Live begins its newest season with a bang. The Spirits and Ratatoskr begin their preparations of war against the DEM in a fight that has been foreshadowed all the way back in season 2. This episode delivers this aura of uneasiness and dread, while at the same time, it never abandons the heartwarming and comedic roots that made Date A Live so beloved in the first place.

Credit where credit is due: this episode is smart and knows that, instead of throwing the characters and the viewers into the action, it slowly builds up to that moment and gives them a small moment of peace before everything blows up. Hopefully, the show will keep up that momentum as the Spirits' biggest challenge yet approaches.

It's good to have this show back.
Apr 12, 2:51 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ronninn
benjic665 said:
@Ronninn

the pretty ass character design and the director's love for the bloom filter is fooling ya'll
@Ronninn how can you be so clueless on the plot of a 10 year old show with only 50 episodes. Show is already polled 2nd
Apr 12, 9:20 PM
Dec 2016
War is coming, Can't wait for more.
Apr 12, 10:47 PM
Sep 2023
555555555555555555555555❤️
Apr 13, 4:02 AM

Oct 2007
nice to see everyone again.

it's been so long following this anime, now on season 5 + a few movies.

Mukuro still prettiest girl for me. But fav girl is still Miku... I almost got bit by a dog helping a friend get a cosplay costume from a tailor. lol

anyway on to the story.. how can they lose? They have the help of Kotomine Kirei (Woodman). XD

Origami when she's not out for revenge, is actually a very nice person. She could have killed those girls when they refused to ignore DEM orders, but just gave them a warning instead. Perhaps they are shocked she is now a spirit.

I'm starting to like the Kurumi clone who went to warn Shidou. Like her more than the original.

looking forward to episode 2! :)
Apr 13, 10:30 AM
Apr 2024
Kurumi!!! Leave shido and come to me
Apr 14, 2:34 AM
Feb 2022
I'm finally back on date with this anime and the girls; kurumi, origami, itsuka kotori and the yamai twins which I hope to see with more active posts
and a date with this season after two years
I'm so excited let's date a live
Apr 14, 9:16 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
More Date A Live is nice, honestly. Have enjoyed this franchise from the beginning, and the new season has its promise as the last big hurrah of the studio. I wear my love for Kurumi on my favorites with pride, and the show gave me a bit of sauce there. The casual interactions with Kurumi have always been treasured, this time is no exception

Plus, there's going to be that big confrontation in the future. Hope those fights are going to be eye poppers.
Apr 14, 10:27 AM
Jul 2014
The nostalgia from when I first watched season 1 from nearly a decade ago is insane... really appreciate how the characters have matured and developed over the seasons
Apr 14, 10:46 AM
Feb 2024
AWESOME, this season is gonna be wild
Apr 14, 12:15 PM
May 2020
nice opening, DAL banget
Apr 15, 3:33 AM
Oct 2023
kurumi >>>>>>>>>>
Apr 15, 12:12 PM
Nov 2022
I forgot when the first episode would be released. I noticed it after 5 days.

The first episode wasn't bad at all.
TurgineerApr 15, 11:09 PM
Apr 25, 12:56 AM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Kurumi once again takes center stage to begin the new season, much like how she did for the final portion of Date A Live IV, this time with her clone warning Shido and the gang of the war with DEM to come. All the while, Shido and the spirits try to piece together their history with Takamiya Mio/the spirit of origin, Phantom. If only Nia still had her Rasiel…

The ED theme, Hitohira by sweet ARMS is perhaps their most sentimental Date A Live song, and the visuals show us the connection Shido has with Reine and Mio.
Apr 26, 3:59 PM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
Was waiting for the dub and now that its finally here, I'm just really glad to be back in this familiar environment with all the voices and the cast I've known and loved for almost over a decade now! Can't believe we're almost at the end already.. I cried when Symphogear ended and probably will cry even more once DAL does so as well.. In any case, it was an interesting choice to adapt the Nightmare arc split into two seasons, it did take me a while to remember what was going on because of that but it also helped to waste no time getting into the meat of it. Shido's glimpse into the past makes me think his parents might have died (and possibly him himself as well?) during a huge spirit accident.. Well either way, we'll most likely find out what exactly happened there once that Mio girl is properly introduced. And for anyone who thinks this will be the last season, I feel like we'll probably need another one to really finish us off. There's still about 7 novels to adapt, and I don't see them rushing things in one season, especially since it would make sense to adapt the Tohka World arc in one season.
May 8, 1:50 PM
Mar 2022
Kurumi <3 heheheheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheeeee
May 9, 11:16 AM
Mar 2024
Kurumiiii channnn
May 12, 7:07 AM
Feb 2024
finally managed to catch up and what a fine start to the season. after the shenanigans from the previous one, i'm wondering what they're cooking for us this time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

33 by Penguinu »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1

80 by Asvados »»
Yesterday, 11:27 AM

» Is this gonna be the final season?

keithgriff - May 19

46 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

114 by Laplace_kun »»
May 21, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

83 by jessi_phantom »»
May 21, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.