Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 8:44 PM
Feb 2022
Hey guys do you know some other anime like bokuyaba, which has the same romantic and love feeling. For me bokuyaba had the greatest school love story and how it was directed and shown was also pretty amazing. So, do you guys know any other anime like this?

I think "ore monogatari" was like bokuyaba. The story was great and wholesome and you could feel great after each episode ends.

Ps: sorry for bad English.
Apr 5, 9:07 PM
Dec 2020
literally every other romcom haha. maybe you would like toradora.
Apr 5, 9:08 PM
Nov 2021
Htun__ said:
Hey guys do you know some other anime like bokuyaba, which has the same romantic and love feeling. For me bokuyaba had the greatest school love story and how it was directed and shown was also pretty amazing. So, do you guys know any other anime like this?

I think "ore monogatari" was like bokuyaba. The story was great and wholesome and you could feel great after each episode ends.

You can try Love chunibyo & other delusions and Don't toy with me miss nagatoro.Those are also pretty wholesome.
Apr 5, 9:11 PM
Jul 2021
Jijou wa Shiranai Tenkousei wa Guigui Kuru (Nishimura x Takada)
Apr 5, 9:23 PM
Sep 2023
Kimi ni todoke and momokuri
Apr 5, 9:51 PM
Feb 2018
Itakiss. Is a little too 90s in the tone but the character progression is solid, I still can't get over the phrase about why the guy MC is in love with the girl MC.
Apr 5, 10:29 PM
Jul 2017
I would maybe suggest Insominiacs After School
Apr 5, 10:40 PM
Jun 2023
KevJac said:

Idk about that most romance anime are like (ohh he is the mc I guess I gotta suck is cock) kina stuff. "in this anime atleast there were plots and characteristics of the characters which actually makes sense and doesn't realy fully on the power of 'he is the mc'
Apr 5, 10:46 PM
Sep 2013
I might suggest Say I Love You/Sukitte Ii na yo. It's a similar setup, just gender flipped, with the sweet popular guy reaching out to the loner girl and they fall in love as he helps her come out of her shell and make friends. Maybe a little more dramatic and less slice of life than BokuYaba, but it's still similar.
Apr 5, 10:47 PM
Jun 2023
It is hard to find a romance anime where the couples actually love each other for a reason and isn't based totally cuz he or she is the mc "someone who i can give example of is tadano even tho he isn't the mc he actually has reasons why komi liked him'
Apr 5, 10:53 PM
Jan 2024
Lonely_kun said:
Htun__ said:

You can try Love chunibyo & other delusions and Don't toy with me miss nagatoro.Those are also pretty wholesome.

Those 2 are also my recommendations
Apr 5, 11:14 PM
Feb 2022
Thank you all for these suggestions, I'll try them all out!! >⁠.⁠<
Apr 5, 11:30 PM
Mar 2023
Maybe Teasing Master-Takagi san
Kubo won't let me be invisible
Komi can't communicate
Apr 6, 12:37 AM
Nov 2022
Lonely_kun said:
Htun__ said:

ah yes don't toy with me is "wholesome"
Apr 6, 12:50 AM
Apr 2023
overflow is the closest romance to dangers in my heart
Apr 6, 12:58 AM
Jun 2023
Tsuki ga Kirei ,also one of the anime i love, and has the same taste as dangers in my heart, and here both are introverts , and has a very good romance.
Apr 6, 12:59 AM
Jun 2023
KevJac said:

na, toradora is drama with harem stuff.
Apr 6, 1:23 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to _otaku_man00
KevJac said:

na, toradora is drama with harem stuff.
In what universe is Toradora a harem?
Apr 6, 1:35 AM
Aug 2022
The latest best other romcom would probably be "The Angel next door spoils me rotten" imo.
Might not be as funny but it's bittersweet and it also gets a second season
Apr 6, 3:13 AM
Feb 2021
KevJac said:

God no!! Do like Komi can’t communicate, my dress up darling, Golden Time, Tonikaku kawaii, The Galaxy Next Door, Nagatoro, Uzuki-chan and, The Angle Next Door Spoils Me Rotten a few recommendations. God not Torodora, I literally got to the last episode and was like na I am out and never finished it. My weeaboomer friends all agree with me that the blue haired chick was best chick though.
adaminopApr 6, 4:24 AM
Apr 6, 3:26 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/42897/Horimiya
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 6, 3:48 AM
Feb 2021

How could I freaking forget. You are SO right!!
Apr 6, 3:57 AM
Feb 2021
BitChilly said:

It’s like how people call Urusei Yatsura the OG harem anime. It just barely skims the surface when it comes to a harem. But if we think about them all like that then any anime series with more than two good looking girls in it is considered a harem I guess. How do you even classify a harem? I thought it was when the MC had multiple love interest at the same time but idk I am confused now.
Apr 6, 6:51 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to adaminop
BitChilly said:

It’s like how people call Urusei Yatsura the OG harem anime. It just barely skims the surface when it comes to a harem. But if we think about them all like that then any anime series with more than two good looking girls in it is considered a harem I guess. How do you even classify a harem? I thought it was when the MC had multiple love interest at the same time but idk I am confused now.
Toradora is more love polygon than harem though, and the definition of a harem is when multiple female characters have a romantic interest on one specific character, usually the main.

Yeah there’s like three good looking female leads in Toradora who do have a relationship with Ryuuji but only two shared an interest with them being Taiga and Minori but then there’s the other relationships with the other leads so the whole group dynamic gets more filled.

I did not need to type this much to describe harems lol and I also suck at explanations but I think the idea is there.
Apr 6, 8:54 AM
Jun 2022
Horimiya, Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, Insomniacs After School.
They all have actual growth as characters and partners.
Apr 6, 9:06 AM
Jan 2024
In my opinion bokuyaba is unique and the best, but the second for me is kaguya sama
Apr 6, 9:11 AM

Aug 2020
Htun__ said:

Having that wholesome feeling for me is kind of rare, bokuyaba is pretty generic as well. But I would say watch tonikawa, toradora, josee the tiger and the fish, and adachi and shimamura.
Apr 6, 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
honestly, you should watch Lovely Complex. The design character almost same, but the romance/plot is weaker than Bokuyaba
Apr 6, 11:43 AM
Aug 2022
Tsuki ga kirei
wholesome story for introverts
has great music too

Teasing Master Takagi-san
similar slow burn concept
the VA is Rie Takahashi, so it’s amazing
Apr 6, 2:23 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to gabroni
Horimiya, Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, Insomniacs After School.
They all have actual growth as characters and partners.
@gabroni 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘉𝘰𝘬𝘶𝘠𝘢𝘣𝘢 ]ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭
Apr 7, 8:34 AM
Apr 2024
otonari no tenshi season 2 would clap
Apr 7, 10:46 AM

Mar 2018
I have a few recommendation here, maybe the plot is not so similar to Bokuyaba but they are great wholesome school romance like Bokuyaba:

If you crave for pure romance:
- The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
- Tsuki ga Kirei
- Insomniacs After School
- Kimi ni Todoke

If you crave for romance with some comedy:
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- Horimiya
- Komi Can’t Communicate
- Aharen-san wa Hakarenai

If you crave for slice-of-life romance:
- Teasing Master Takagi-san
- Kubo Won’t Let Me Be Invisible
- The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses
Apr 7, 4:14 PM

Aug 2020
adaminop said:
KevJac said:

God no!! Do like Komi can’t communicate, my dress up darling, Golden Time, Tonikaku kawaii, The Galaxy Next Door, Nagatoro, Uzuki-chan and, The Angle Next Door Spoils Me Rotten a few recommendations. God not Torodora, I literally got to the last episode and was like na I am out and never finished it. My weeaboomer friends all agree with me that the blue haired chick was best chick though.

If u think Komi is better than toradora then there’s something wrong with u, Komi is one of the most boring animes I’ve seen generic, predictable story, no interesting characters( like kny they all have 1 character trait) the mc is bland, Komi’s social anxiety disorder is dumb to the point where it’s cringe it’s worse than watamote. Also nagatoro and uzaki Chan are both generic af and weird.
Apr 7, 4:22 PM
Nov 2023
A show that is similar is Love, chunnibyo & other delusions
Apr 7, 5:53 PM
Aug 2020
Nagatoro, Tagaki-san, Komi-san, Kaguya-same and Kobu-san.
War never changes...
Apr 8, 4:56 PM
Dec 2022
I heard that the Romcom about the glasses girl (i don't remember the name) it is very pretty and similar to Bokuyaba. But i haven't seen it.
Apr 10, 12:48 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
lovely complex is the same mc is short and the fmc is tall
Bokura ga Ita
Kimi ni Todoke
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Golden Time
Hachimitsu to Clover
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Kokoro Connect

Apr 10, 5:45 PM
May 2020
fakeperson2011 said:
I would maybe suggest Insominiacs After School

yh this one is good, and really matches bokuyaba premise. like how they met and everything
Apr 10, 5:47 PM
May 2020
Jackson_rajkumar said:
overflow is the closest romance to dangers in my heart

why do u speak in factual language🗿
Apr 13, 8:55 PM
Aug 2021
Htun__ said:

let me let you know that Bokuyaba is one of the top 3 best romances of all time, this anime was amazing, so find one similar is not gonna be easy.
Apr 14, 4:29 AM
Feb 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:
adaminop said:

If u think Komi is better than toradora then there’s something wrong with u, Komi is one of the most boring animes I’ve seen generic, predictable story, no interesting characters( like kny they all have 1 character trait) the mc is bland, Komi’s social anxiety disorder is dumb to the point where it’s cringe it’s worse than watamote. Also nagatoro and uzaki Chan are both generic af and weird.

Your opinion my guy. But I have watched Nagatoro through over 10 times and read the manga up to the current chapter twice and love it so much every time. Also Uzaki-chan is just freaking hilarious the second season was A LOT better than the first, also watched it through a few times. I am also caught up on that manga. But honestly its been like 3 years since I gave Toradora a try I should give it another shot before I crap on people maybe favorite anime.
Apr 30, 12:30 PM
Jan 2022
Nothing is above Clannad (series in whole)
Apr 30, 6:49 PM

Jun 2023
Lovely Complex
My Love Story!!!
May 3, 4:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Yes, here:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2100167&id=70962570

When discussing S1 finale I gone back to check my list and feel what was closer in quality.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
11 hours ago

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.