Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 1:48 PM
May 2022
Okay so this anime has a decent score and the genres are also partially my favourite.

Basically even judging by the amount of members I can tell it’s a good memorable anime and I haven’t seen a heartfelt anime in a long time. So would it be possible’s enjoy this more by watching the old version and then the new or can I PREFERABLY watch just this new adaptation and enjoy just as much if not more.
?_?
Apr 5, 2:44 PM

Mar 2023
You can watch this directly, since it is a remake
Apr 5, 2:45 PM
Apr 2023
probably yes
if you want good animation you should watch the new one
and if you just here for the story you should watch the old one

my opinion
Apr 5, 2:57 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
In fact, if you haven't watched the old version then you would enjoy watching the new version more since everything is new to you :)

So kindly just watch the new version straight away ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 5, 3:33 PM
Jun 2020
ElmoBoredAsf said:
Okay so this anime has a decent score and the genres are also partially my favourite.

Basically even judging by the amount of members I can tell it’s a good memorable anime and I haven’t seen a heartfelt anime in a long time. So would it be possible’s enjoy this more by watching the old version and then the new or can I PREFERABLY watch just this new adaptation and enjoy just as much if not more.
?_?

The original anime is great and I love it, but it cuts a lot of important things out from the LNs (which are the source material), and doesn’t finish the story. The remake currently airing is following the LNs more accurately than the original anime, and will most likely be finishing the story as well. Since you have yet to see the original, I recommend watching the remake, although I still believe you could end up loving the original as I and so many others did
Apr 5, 3:39 PM
May 2022
Thanks to those who replied !! I’ll try watching the remake only first depending on how much I like it I might even watch the older version or pick up the LN.
Apr 5, 3:51 PM
Dec 2018
Watch the one you want to watch they will tell the same story. But I would recommend to watch this one so you can enjoy a brand new story to you with modern animation and the joy of waiting the next week's episode.
Apr 5, 6:00 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Xokanashimi
ElmoBoredAsf said:

?_?

The original anime is great and I love it, but it cuts a lot of important things out from the LNs (which are the source material), and doesn’t finish the story. The remake currently airing is following the LNs more accurately than the original anime, and will most likely be finishing the story as well. Since you have yet to see the original, I recommend watching the remake, although I still believe you could end up loving the original as I and so many others did
Xokanashimi said:
The remake currently airing is following the LNs more accurately than the original anime, and will most likely be finishing the story as well.

I assume this information is from the pre-release interviews/announcements? If so, we don't know if this remake will actually follow through with these promises, do we? Things happen.

It's not like the original series set out to not finish the story...
Apr 5, 6:55 PM

Dec 2009
If you wanna be hardcore, you can watch both simultaneously after each episode of the remake airs.
First watch whatever airing episode releases and watch the first anime after.
Meaning, for example, watch the first episode of the remake and the watch the 2008 version's first episode, and continue like that.

Ultimately though, I'd suggest whatever has worked best in your personal experience.
Sometimes watching an older first or later can ruin the overall experience.

I personally prefer to experience the original source followed by the first adaptation, to then the newest,
but it's hard when the first adaptation is flawed which then takes me forever to finish out of boredom or whatever.

Regardless, there's several factors of what's best first and last to experience depending on the quality and/or story.
Although it is kinda fun to know the original source content, even though comparing it all to the adaptations later can leave you disappointed.
... It can be a struggle, lol.
waalex11Apr 5, 7:01 PM
Apr 5, 7:30 PM
Feb 2024
Watch the new one, then watch the old OPs (especially s1 with eng subtitles, the lyrics on that song are ridiculously good). Not saying the new one is bad, but that old OP hits HARD in the feels.
Apr 6, 5:33 AM

Nov 2019
You can stop and then act like a man. What's the matter with you and your indecisiveness?

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 6, 2:53 PM
Apr 2021
As someone who hasn’t seen the original, I enjoyed watching the first episode of this current remake, and you can definitely go into it blind.
Apr 6, 3:06 PM

Sep 2016
It's basically the same story, so you can watch new without old and vice versa.

I suggest watching episode 1 from both old and new Anime and then decide which one you like better.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

56 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

54 by matias067 »»
Yesterday, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

70 by jeffersondkid »»
Yesterday, 12:56 AM

» Binge

Astrid_Bear - May 27

19 by APolygons2 »»
May 28, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

119 by MattJpX »»
May 28, 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.