Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 7:49 PM
Jun 2009
Is this a 1-cour or 2-cour?
Apr 4, 8:23 PM
Nov 2022
what do you mean by 'cour'
Apr 4, 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
let's hope it's a 2-cour.
1-cour is too little. šŸ„²
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 4, 9:48 PM
Oct 2021
Sadly, the leaks said it was gonna be 13.
Apr 4, 9:53 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to boyswhatup
@boyswhatup Cour means 12-13 episodes
Apr 4, 11:19 PM
Sep 2022
boyswhatup said:

This means "Part" so, he's asking if this season would be split in 2 parts or just 1 full season (which is kinda strange nowadays)
Apr 5, 1:27 AM
Mar 2024
I thought at least 12 to 13 episode's
Apr 5, 2:31 AM
Jul 2021
Why would it get 2-cour? It’s time to conclude the show.
Apr 5, 2:43 AM

Jan 2017
mechian said:

It's confirmed to adapt 3 Arcs... so probably 1 cour.

boyswhatup said:

A "cour" is the representation of one of the 4 seasons of the year (which is 3 months) in TV slots, so around 12 weekly episodes.

sakuraspace said:

There is still a lot left to adapt. Even after this Season, we'll merely be at half of the story.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 5, 3:39 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Alexioos95
mechian said:

It's confirmed to adapt 3 Arcs... so probably 1 cour.

boyswhatup said:

A "cour" is the representation of one of the 4 seasons of the year (which is 3 months) in TV slots, so around 12 weekly episodes.

sakuraspace said:

There is still a lot left to adapt. Even after this Season, we'll merely be at half of the story.
@Alexioos95 we just had an spin-off = they needed to make time bc there isn’t that much left to adapt.
Apr 5, 4:08 AM

Jan 2017
sakuraspace said:
we just had an spin-off = they needed to make time bc there isn’t that much left to adapt.

The Spin-Off was handled by another studio, to let 8bit focus on the Main Story, with the Tsuioku-hen Special and this 3rd Season.
It also was part of the celebration of the 10th year anniversary of the Light Novel, just like all entries in the Anime after the 2017 Movie.

There is 32 Volumes of Light Novel, and this Season should adapt Volumes 12-15. That shows you how much they can do, and that's not counting the Sequel or the Spin-Offs.
Alexioos95Apr 5, 4:12 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 5, 6:48 AM
Oct 2023
sakuraspace said:

Already ? has the written material ended ?
Apr 5, 6:57 AM

Jan 2017
Aruhaya said:
Already ?

Nop.

Aruhaya said:
has the written material ended ?

The original story, yeah, it ended 4 years ago.
The Sequel, which began right after the end of the original, is still ongoing tho, just like the Juumonji Spin-Off.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 5, 8:05 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to Alexioos95
sakuraspace said:
we just had an spin-off = they needed to make time bc there isn’t that much left to adapt.

The Spin-Off was handled by another studio, to let 8bit focus on the Main Story, with the Tsuioku-hen Special and this 3rd Season.
It also was part of the celebration of the 10th year anniversary of the Light Novel, just like all entries in the Anime after the 2017 Movie.

There is 32 Volumes of Light Novel, and this Season should adapt Volumes 12-15. That shows you how much they can do, and that's not counting the Sequel or the Spin-Offs.
@Alexioos95 if this ends up being 13 episodes, adapting 4 volumes will end up rushing the story a bit more than what happened with the visitor arc (season 2)
Apr 5, 8:55 AM

Jan 2017
anikun2k10 said:
if this ends up being 13 episodes, adapting 4 volumes will end up rushing the story a bit more than what happened with the visitor arc (season 2)

Yeah, but only very slightly more.

While the 2nd Season adapted the 3 Volumes of the Raihousha-hen Arc, it also had 2 Anime-Original Episodes. Removing them makes the 2nd Season adapt a Volume in 3 + 2/3 Episodes in average, whereas it'll be 3 + 1/3 here. With most adaptations doing 3 Episodes per Volume, we are just above fine.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 5, 12:36 PM
Oct 2023
I saw a post saying it might have 36/37 episodes so 3 cours, maybe
Apr 5, 2:01 PM
Aug 2021
sakuraspace said:

bruh, what kind of thinking are you makingšŸ˜­? the show doesnt end until the material ends, you cant decide when It ends because you feel like it, its like saying AOT should end now because yes. dont comment with such a Little informations.
Apr 6, 2:27 AM
Jul 2021
SuntProstMare said:
sakuraspace said:

bruh, what kind of thinking are you makingšŸ˜­? the show doesnt end until the material ends, you cant decide when It ends because you feel like it, its like saying AOT should end now because yes. dont comment with such a Little informations.

Well they have been stretching it, so yeah it needs to conclude soon.
Apr 6, 2:32 AM
Aug 2021
sakuraspace said:
SuntProstMare said:

Well they have been stretching it, so yeah it needs to conclude soon.

what does It mean? if a series ends Is because the material ends, not because Is "long", there are expections, like Rent a girlfriend, but This anime doesnt Simply give you the same concepts, but expands on the story.
Apr 8, 10:15 PM

Oct 2016
I just checked the list of volumes (not a source reader) and if it's really 3 arcs, like anikun said, it might be a little hard cause it's 4 volumes (one of the arcs is 2 volumes). I did the math and from season 1, they did 6 volumes in 26 episodes, that's 4.3 episodes per volume, so 3 volumes per 13 episodes. I was about to ask how they managed to miss stuff in season 2 if they seemed to have enough episodes for 3 volumes, but I see now, there were 2 original episodes, thanks for the clarification Alexioos. Either way the math I did is just an average, they did 7, 11 and 8 episodes for 3 arcs of 2 volumes each, so depending on the arc, the way they handle an adaptation might be different.

Well not that any of this matters, I just came here to see if the number of episodes was made public yet, I can't believe that even with this 4 volumes that are being made, only 15 volumes have been adapted (well the Summer Vacation Arc might have been skin though I think, I don't recall seeing this arc) that's only like, less than half of the 32 original volumes! Usually 2 anime seasons don't say much, but if this is getting a 3rd season I really want to hope for a complete adaptation, this show is too good! The world is so interesting, I really hope we get more, by the amount of entries (the ova and the spinoff) I'm starting to have faith it might! What do you guys think, will we be able to see this fully adapted?
Apr 11, 12:51 AM
Aug 2016
Sad enough if there are only 12-13 episodes. I would like more, of course. The anime will stop literally at the most interesting part of the story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 1, 7:20 PM

» Opening, Ending 1, Ending 2, Ending 3

MegamiRem - Apr 5

6 by MegamiRem »»
May 31, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24

33 by GeoXsf9 »»
May 30, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 19

47 by cardenas4878 »»
May 30, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

37 by hjpotter0731 »»
May 23, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.