Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 5:16 PM
Jan 2024
Has anyone experienced strange feelings like what I feel after finishing watching it completely?
I feel happy but sad at the same time, it's actually difficult to express, I don't know what this feeling really is, even though I've rewatched it several times but I feel like I can't let go of it
It's sad to think the show has ended, but I still want more of it.
What should I do??? Please help me.
Apr 4, 5:30 PM

Apr 2021
midpear said:
What should I do???

You should read the manga.
Apr 4, 5:31 PM
Jun 2017
Definitely read the manga. You said you want more and right now that’s the only way to get it.
Apr 4, 5:47 PM
Sep 2018
Volume 9 and 10 of the manga (content not adapted yet) are really great, You should read the manga! :)
Apr 4, 5:48 PM
Sep 2023
Welcome to the world of aime, where one of your fav show ends you get post anime depression ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Apr 4, 5:54 PM
Jan 2022
im gonna cry, i feel so loney
Apr 4, 5:57 PM
Jun 2023
midpear said:
Has anyone experienced strange feelings like what I feel after finishing watching it completely?
I feel happy but sad at the same time, it's actually difficult to express, I don't know what this feeling really is, even though I've rewatched it several times but I feel like I can't let go of it

I totally agreee, the anime was soo goood It was my favourite romantic anime
Apr 4, 5:58 PM
Jun 2023
luisfunes99 said:
midpear said:
What should I do???

I wana read the manga but the animation loooks soo good so I first wana see it get animated and there is not many characters in the manga anyway
Apr 4, 7:50 PM

Mar 2021
Sadly, there is not much material to work with, for a season 3.
We'll have to wait a very long time before a season 3, but I'm pretty sure eventually we'll get one.
Apr 4, 8:25 PM
Dec 2019
midpear said:

It’s the emptiness that comes after getting to experience such a masterpiece. Usually it’ll go away on its own but like others had said the manga is always an option
Apr 4, 9:10 PM

Oct 2014
This season finished on chapter 113.

If u want u can go from chapter 114 (141 chapters are out)

I was an anime only at first but read the manga after ep 18.

The anime mostly remains consistent with the manga but they did some anime only changes that enhanced some scenes. And because of that i appreciated the anime adaptation a lot more.

Reading the manga and watching the episodes come to life is also another experience.

Will be atleast a year before enough content is out for another season.

Keep in mind this is the same studio that did takagi san where there was a 2-3 year gap for Season 3 (which is a good indication that a new season will be possible)
Apr 4, 9:25 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to SkypeUwU
luisfunes99 said:
midpear said:
What should I do???

I wana read the manga but the animation loooks soo good so I first wana see it get animated and there is not many characters in the manga anyway
@SkypeUwU i mean i agree with you, the anime also has the voice acting and music that enhanced certain scenes. I offer reading the manga cuz realistically its going to take at least maybe a year to have enough material for a s3, it could be even longer. And i think there are certain developments that for anyone that liked the series until now, will absolutely like. Plus imo the quality of the story has remained consistent.
Apr 4, 9:55 PM
Nov 2018
@midpear Read the manga, but you will get to another stopping point and have the same depression. If you wait for another season that will be another 3 to 4 years if your lucky. At best find many animes that you love, so you'll have multiple ones you have a chance getting a new season with. Maybe you can start watching One Piece, that's been going for 10+ years with more episodes coming out every week. Plus you have over 1000 episodes plus movies to catch up on.
MoppitApr 4, 9:59 PM
Apr 4, 10:04 PM

Dec 2011
I've been watching anime for 20 years now, i can recognize when they wont follow the story, the studio is now with a choice, wait 4-5 years until they have more material and then do a 3rd season, or just leave it here, where anyone could say it feels like a finished story... the choice is simple, they wont wait, i also feel sad, this is honestly one of the best romantic comedies i've ever watched and it feels painful to realice i wont get to see animated the full story... it took so long for me to finally get interested in a new show and even tho the anime close the story pretty well i need more.

For people who say "read the manga", common, is not only about the story, is about the animation, the voices, the music, the ambient... the manga will never ever get even close to that and you know it so is a pointless suggestion.

I hope than a miracle like Kimi ni todoke happens again and we see this show continued in a near/far future, is the only thing we can do.
Apr 4, 11:59 PM
Feb 2018
Akiraa-kun said:
I've been watching anime for 20 years now, i can recognize when they wont follow the story, the studio is now with a choice, wait 4-5 years until they have more material and then do a 3rd season, or just leave it here, where anyone could say it feels like a finished story... the choice is simple, they wont wait, i also feel sad, this is honestly one of the best romantic comedies i've ever watched and it feels painful to realice i wont get to see animated the full story... it took so long for me to finally get interested in a new show and even tho the anime close the story pretty well i need more.

For people who say "read the manga", common, is not only about the story, is about the animation, the voices, the music, the ambient... the manga will never ever get even close to that and you know it so is a pointless suggestion.

I hope than a miracle like Kimi ni todoke happens again and we see this show continued in a near/far future, is the only thing we can do.

Sure, but the manga has better art and is funnier.
Apr 5, 1:58 AM
Jun 2023
midpear said:

That's very normal, that happened to me like 3 years ago with Inuyasha but I feel better reading manga or watching another anime, like Plastic Memories, Violet Evergarden, Ore Monogatari and you will feel better, I hope you can feel better soon
Apr 5, 3:11 AM
Jan 2020
๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ!!! ๐˜ช ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ. ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ (โ•ฅ๏นโ•ฅ). ๐˜ช ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ~ โธœ(๏ฝกหƒ แต• ห‚ )โธโ™ก
Apr 5, 8:32 AM

Aug 2020
Tbh I already forgot what happened lmao
Apr 5, 8:44 AM

Dec 2011
Reply to FreedomKME
Akiraa-kun said:

Sure, but the manga has better art and is funnier.
@FreedomKME How? from what i've read in the manga the art is very similar, but the reality is that the anime is way better and how can it be funnier if is the same story? at least say a real difference, dont made up lol
Apr 5, 9:49 AM
Feb 2018
Akiraa-kun said:
@FreedomKME How? from what i've read in the manga the art is very similar, but the reality is that the anime is way better and how can it be funnier if is the same story? at least say a real difference, dont made up lol

Different mediums have different pacing.
Apr 9, 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
I will say the manga deserve another go. Why? Because the anime adaptation did some reshuffling of chapters and the manga also have lots of scenes or extra details that didn’t made in anime adaptation. There’s also extra chapters (e.g.: chap 16.1, 16.2, 17.1, 17.2, etc...) the ones that author posted at twitter which are revealed to be canon in later chapters. (Some of those chapters recieved adaptation recently, which is Twii-yaba.) So imo even if you already watched the anime, you’ll see a lot of comparing between adaptation and the original material, the anime already did a lot to differentiate itself from the manga. Of coarse, the anime was a good adaptation and Hiroaki did the material justice, he knows which scenes was to adapt, switch, or alter to make them more meaningful and impactful but there’s still parts that i think was done better in the manga and plenty of stuffs that were omitted in adaptation that’s really worth checking out.
Apr 9, 7:50 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Akiraa-kun
@Akiraa-kun

no. You don't know the power of MANGA.
Norio is one of best mangaka i have ever seen.
More detail,more picture tension.
Even the animation can’t express it all.
Apr 10, 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
Reply to st970715
@Akiraa-kun

no. You don't know the power of MANGA.
Norio is one of best mangaka i have ever seen.
More detail,more picture tension.
Even the animation can’t express it all.
@st970715 nah bro, dont bs me, there is no manga on earth than can be better than a good animated show, the colors, the voices, the animation, the light and most importantly, the music. I give you that some mangas are amazing, but when the manga is animated at the level of bokuyaba, there is simply no comparison, anime wins.
Apr 13, 9:08 PM
Aug 2021
Akiraa-kun said:
@st970715 nah bro, dont bs me, there is no manga on earth than can be better than a good animated show, the colors, the voices, the animation, the light and most importantly, the music. I give you that some mangas are amazing, but when the manga is animated at the level of bokuyaba, there is simply no comparison, anime wins.

I'm with you, he definitely can read the manga, and he will enjoy it, but never like the anime. This animation is too good to be compared with the manga. It has to be one of the top 3 best romances of all time.
Apr 14, 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to Akiraa-kun
@Akiraa-kun Nope, both anime and manga of this series have it's merits. To be fair, I don't really read much of manga and im more like anime watcher. And I watched the anime first until someone recommend that I read the manga because I missed some parts (if you don't believe me check my conversation with swiss_bohemian on my profile) I can say this much, anime adaptation had it's limits and had lots of parts cut off to make them fit the episode. Those changes are like sword, some part of adaptations was iconic but there are some parts that the manga did better because some chapters had lost it's meaning in anime adaptation and also some extra twitter chapters that werent adapted in anime.

For example, the "I melted" chapter, where ichikawa grabbed yamada's hands to hide the chocolate, did you know that it was very notable for being the first chapter where we saw yamada's inner thought rather than ichikawa as usual? (She said suki, letting us know that she realize she like ichikawa too) Sadly, it was lost in anime adaptation because Hiroaki knows very well that suddenly hearing yamada's inner thoughts will be very wierd in anime and instead had to work that limit out by flashing the chapter's title card: 'I melted' during that scene, to let us know that It was yamada who said she melted. Sadly this was lost in english translation too because the scanlators and licensors made a mistake in translation but the evidence is in here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/nzvkph/disc_what_sets_boku_no_kokoro_no_yabai_yatsu/?rdt=52091

Another example, when ichikawa gave yamada milk tea, she is blushing, did you know that it had a lot more meaning in the manga? It wasn't just simply a kindness on ichikawa's part, a twitter extra was released before that chapter where yamada let ichikawa know that milk tea is her favorite. It wasn't adapted in anime but it was apparently crucial because yamada noticed that ichikawa remembered her favorite and that's when she started falling for ichikawa.

Those are just 2 example, there still many of stuffs that wasn't in anime.
Apr 15, 12:10 PM

Dec 2011
Reply to jestyn
@Akiraa-kun Nope, both anime and manga of this series have it's merits. To be fair, I don't really read much of manga and im more like anime watcher. And I watched the anime first until someone recommend that I read the manga because I missed some parts (if you don't believe me check my conversation with swiss_bohemian on my profile) I can say this much, anime adaptation had it's limits and had lots of parts cut off to make them fit the episode. Those changes are like sword, some part of adaptations was iconic but there are some parts that the manga did better because some chapters had lost it's meaning in anime adaptation and also some extra twitter chapters that werent adapted in anime.

For example, the "I melted" chapter, where ichikawa grabbed yamada's hands to hide the chocolate, did you know that it was very notable for being the first chapter where we saw yamada's inner thought rather than ichikawa as usual? (She said suki, letting us know that she realize she like ichikawa too) Sadly, it was lost in anime adaptation because Hiroaki knows very well that suddenly hearing yamada's inner thoughts will be very wierd in anime and instead had to work that limit out by flashing the chapter's title card: 'I melted' during that scene, to let us know that It was yamada who said she melted. Sadly this was lost in english translation too because the scanlators and licensors made a mistake in translation but the evidence is in here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/nzvkph/disc_what_sets_boku_no_kokoro_no_yabai_yatsu/?rdt=52091

Another example, when ichikawa gave yamada milk tea, she is blushing, did you know that it had a lot more meaning in the manga? It wasn't just simply a kindness on ichikawa's part, a twitter extra was released before that chapter where yamada let ichikawa know that milk tea is her favorite. It wasn't adapted in anime but it was apparently crucial because yamada noticed that ichikawa remembered her favorite and that's when she started falling for ichikawa.

Those are just 2 example, there still many of stuffs that wasn't in anime.
@jestyn I never talk in terms of story, obviously anime will never be able to represent 100% of the story, but the part that can do it was very well made, enough for the story to not feel empty, of course you can read the manga to complement and have a deeper understanding of the whole story.. but in terms of "experience" which one is more rich or more fulfilling IN MY OPINION is anime, obviously if you enjoy reading manga more you'll enjoy it more, but when i put manga and anime and see the amounts of elements than anime is able to work with and still deliver a great story, that is why i think anime is better.
Apr 15, 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to Akiraa-kun
@jestyn I never talk in terms of story, obviously anime will never be able to represent 100% of the story, but the part that can do it was very well made, enough for the story to not feel empty, of course you can read the manga to complement and have a deeper understanding of the whole story.. but in terms of "experience" which one is more rich or more fulfilling IN MY OPINION is anime, obviously if you enjoy reading manga more you'll enjoy it more, but when i put manga and anime and see the amounts of elements than anime is able to work with and still deliver a great story, that is why i think anime is better.
@Akiraa-kun Was anime adapted well? Yes. And I do respect that Hiroaki does the original material justice. Was the anime better? I think not. Like I said, there are parts where the adaption did better than original and it goes vice versa. Personally, I wished that they include the little screentime that nurse lady had in the manga because she's one of few people who are aware what's going on between ichikawa and yamada, whenever she's in chapter, she always smiles as she watch yamada and ichikawa's antics. You have your own opinion but don't shoot other people here for suggesting to read the manga. You even called people BS, spreading misinformation that it’s nothing more than same chapter when clearly there are stuffs that was cut-off in adaptations. This topic isn't clearly about which one did better, look at the first post again, the TO clearly wants more, he even said he rewatched the anime which opens for this suggestion. Adaptation did enough changes to differentiate itself from original making the manga worth reading as there will be new stuff to see in the manga. He can even just read up to where the anime left off as I did, not going beyond anime and he should be able to see more stuff in manga.

Like I said before, im not a much of a manga reader. I'm more of anime watcher as well, you said you watch anime for 20 years? then I'm around the same as you. From fansubs era perhaps? I even used to belong to a club that talks about anime that people never heard of and worth checking out. I don't really read much of manga unless I really liked the series and there's more to the material that didn't made in anime. Just saying that this suggestion is coming from a perspective of anime watcher.

And I do believe that Hiroaki should be given more good materials to work with in the future. I've seen his previous adaptation, Takagi-san (just by looking at my avatar and sig you can already tell) and he really did the Takagi-san justice as well. To me he's more than copy and paste, bundled chapters that have similar themes and did some swapping to make the story flow really well and created a narrative and he even made anime original episodes to show a progress in nishikata and takagi's relationship. Whereas, the manga seem to go nowhere, the author just keep throwing episodic but cute chapters but that doesn't mean that it's not worth checking out. There's still lot of chapters that weren't adapted in anime. What if I tell you that Takagi kissed Nishikata in one of chapters? Doesn't that make you interested? Same passion as to why bokuyaba manga need checking out.
jestynApr 16, 2:56 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.