Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Nooooooo I wanted to see the world of vampires man they’re outfits were so fresh and Guideau looked so good in hers as well🔥😩🔥

I’m hyped for season 2 that I might just read the manga tbh I mean the 8 continents were a cool concept to me bc that means there’s so much more story to cover and the bottomless pit wasn’t even part of the 8 continents and yet we’re getting a story arc for it I’m surprised the author manage to do that :D

Despite the animation lacking at times like when Helga was running away from the dude with the ice Elemental powers this show had some good animation here and there but imo the highlight has to go to the Art style/art quality I loved their eyes every time their eyes took up the entire screen the eyes looked so good and shiny just like it was when Guideau was sitting on her bed after Ashaf told her he wants to teach her about Love

Yo this is off topic but now that I think about it was Guideau initially a guy who was cursed into being in a girls body? Like is Guideau a she or a he? And is the person in the coffin “her” real form? So many questions I love it

Imma give this a good 8/10 it was really enjoyable and the lore really intrigues me definitely peeping out the manga👀😩🔥
Apr 5, 11:49 AM
Oct 2020
Treyv0n said:
Nooooooo I wanted to see the world of vampires man they’re outfits were so fresh and Guideau looked so good in hers as well🔥😩🔥

I’m hyped for season 2 that I might just read the manga tbh I mean the 8 continents were a cool concept to me bc that means there’s so much more story to cover and the bottomless pit wasn’t even part of the 8 continents and yet we’re getting a story arc for it I’m surprised the author manage to do that :D

Despite the animation lacking at times like when Helga was running away from the dude with the ice Elemental powers this show had some good animation here and there but imo the highlight has to go to the Art style/art quality I loved their eyes every time their eyes took up the entire screen the eyes looked so good and shiny just like it was when Guideau was sitting on her bed after Ashaf told her he wants to teach her about Love

Yo this is off topic but now that I think about it was Guideau initially a guy who was cursed into being in a girls body? Like is Guideau a she or a he? And is the person in the coffin “her” real form? So many questions I love it

Imma give this a good 8/10 it was really enjoyable and the lore really intrigues me definitely peeping out the manga👀😩🔥

Guideau’s original form is genderless. It’s more like a “monster” or “beast”. The body in the coffin is Guideau’s original body. Because of Angela’s curse, Guideau’s consciousness was transferred into Angela’s original body. Meanwhile Angela is able to transfer her own consciousness into different bodies in order to remain immortal

If you liked the art style in the anime but not the animation quality, then you’ll probably enjoy the manga. The art is incredible
Apr 5, 11:50 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Csend
Pretty "meh" anime. I doesn't feel like anything amazing and telling me, that the next season will take place in a Vampire world absolutely not excite me. It's fine as a "filler anime", but I'm sure as hell, not going to prioritize this over another anime, when the next season drops.
@Csend You do you.

Want a recommendation of something you might like instead?
Apr 5, 12:27 PM
Apr 2021
RedRoy17 said:
Treyv0n said:

Guideau’s original form is genderless. It’s more like a “monster” or “beast”. The body in the coffin is Guideau’s original body. Because of Angela’s curse, Guideau’s consciousness was transferred into Angela’s original body. Meanwhile Angela is able to transfer her own consciousness into different bodies in order to remain immortal

If you liked the art style in the anime but not the animation quality, then you’ll probably enjoy the manga. The art is incredible

Ahhh yes I forgot that Guideau was Angela’s original body why did I forget that it’s been a while since I seen that episode that’s probably why I forgot but who’s body did Angela take then? Maybe it’s just a random (voluptuous) body she took in order to get Guideau into her original body🤔

And yeah I definitely loved the art style in this it was really detailed imo, I’m definitely peeping out the manga after I catch up on some others that I promised to read first like Chained Soldier, Gushing Over Magical Girls and The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil🤩🔥
Apr 5, 12:29 PM

May 2023
Reply to Marinate1016
SoulReaper01_ said:
@Bear_from_cave I disagree on some of your points. Ragna Crimson was indeed horrible especially the second cour BUT I wouldn't say the same about Witch and the beast. I still think it was well animated not great of course but still good. Action scenes were handled well not crazy good but not bad either. As for the Manga im gonna start reading it now since the story hooked me up and the characters are mad drippy especially my goat ashaf that man is a badass lmao

Ragna crimson was nowehere near horrible lol
@Marinate1016 Naw I meant the animation in second cour was meh. Story and characters still peak tho
Apr 5, 12:30 PM

Feb 2019
SoulReaper01_ said:
@Marinate1016 Naw I meant the animation in second cour was meh. Story and characters still peak tho

Oh yea you’re right then for sure. Animation in the Kamui fight in particular was horrible
Apr 5, 2:28 PM

May 2018
you know… for all its flaws this is actually one of the few series I liked from this season. it has a lot of original and creative elements, and both of the main characters are quite likable. it did have a tendency towards clumsy pacing and rough story development, but even so… better than most other recent series.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 5, 2:31 PM
Mar 2020
Second season when? o_o
Apr 5, 3:12 PM
Nov 2023
lumayan....bikin penasaran...alur ceritanya bagus...
kira2 ada S2 nya gak ya...?
Apr 5, 3:17 PM
Dec 2020
Great Build up. Hoping for a Season 2
Apr 5, 4:57 PM

Jan 2015
Cool first ep but didn't capitalize at all. Story just kept going in completely random directions. Just meh overall like a 4.5 or 5/10
Apr 5, 5:48 PM

Nov 2019
Ended up liking the Necromancer arc the best by far, with the rest rarely rising above merely 'watchable'.

The end here (with the multiple worlds) in particular is fairly damning as it looks to be going the same route most battle shounen do; manufactured conflict purely for conflict's sake and endlessly escalating power scales.
Apr 5, 9:27 PM

Nov 2021
This one was alright, I expected to enjoy it as much as I did with Undead Murder Farce but I didn't really connect with the characters in this one, and the action was alright. The best part of this anime is definitely the aesthetic and art style.
Apr 6, 3:18 AM

Nov 2011
omggg so awesome episode. this anime did it well - awesome first and awesome last ep, and few ups and downs in between. i definitely wait for more. few questions still not answered. one of bests for me in last season.
Apr 6, 8:19 AM
Dec 2021
Okay anime, did not enjoy it much.
Apr 6, 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
That's all?!!! This has season 2 right? I still wanna see more of Gideau and Ashaf please!!!!!!! 😢😢😢🙏🙏🙏
Apr 6, 5:46 PM
Jul 2008
Reply to AddaeAkono
So Falvell knew how to temporally undo the witches curse by kissing Guideau for the first time unlocking both of their powers. Didn't take much for Falvell to deal with the executioners by simply controlling her surroundings with her voice which brings the flashback arc from three years ago to a close. We some more world building as there are eight continents and the place where Ashaf and Guideau are heading lies between the seventh and eighth continent in the form of a bottomless pit with a structure located at the center called The Fall. Ashaf and Guideau made their way to the fourth floor where they changed into an all black attire before entering a world filled with vampires.

This anime was another hidden gem from Winter 2024 and I would like for it to get another season, but I feel like that won't happen since the manga is currently on hiatus. It's a shame because I feel things were just getting started when we got some additional world build in the end. We can always use some more urban fantasy shows. This was a very frustrating finale to watch.

6/10
@AddaeAkono It was Ashaf who gave her instruction to kiss. Her curse got unlocked as well was unexpected side effect.

Treyv0n said:
Ahhh yes I forgot that Guideau was Angela’s original body why did I forget that it’s been a while since I seen that episode that’s probably why I forgot but who’s body did Angela take then? Maybe it’s just a random (voluptuous) body she took in order to get Guideau into her original body🤔

Not the one you replied. Just another body but maybe she can hide herself in witches body.

LeonLanfordApr 6, 5:56 PM
Apr 6, 8:03 PM

Aug 2017
World building was the strongest point of this show, that ending with that island and floors has gotten me intrigued for more!

Story was solid and characters too, although I wish Phanora would've had appeared more.

Dialogue sometimes too much tell, bit more show instead would've been nice.

Animation however more on the weaker side, but didn't expect much from this studio and it resulted in the fights missing the hype.

Come on, announce the second season already because I wanna see where this is going!
Apr 7, 5:53 AM

Jun 2009
Huh?? that's it? that felt more like just a regular ending to any episode of this show, instead of the actual ending of this season
a second second isn't announced yet and the manga is since a year on hiatus, this is yabai
Apr 7, 5:56 AM

Jun 2021
Kinda rushed, but still this finale unlocked a whole lotta stuff to explore. Super interested in a sequel
Apr 7, 6:05 PM
Jun 2017
Good anime and universe; it has perfect capability.
Apr 8, 4:18 AM
Feb 2015
Didn’t feel like a finale though
Apr 9, 2:39 AM

Dec 2018
Finishing with a flashback and a cliffhanger? How could it get more frustrating?
Apr 11, 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
I thought there'd be more episodes. What was the reason to show us the other teams (which I liked more). I had no plans to watch another season of this until he said the magic word: vampires.
Apr 14, 5:54 PM
Mar 2019
Good episodie, explain many things about the story.
Apr 17, 10:02 AM
Feb 2015
SO PRECISO QUE SEJA RENOVADA PRA SEGUNDA TEMPORADA AMEM
Apr 17, 8:47 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to dragynfaerie
I thought there'd be more episodes. What was the reason to show us the other teams (which I liked more). I had no plans to watch another season of this until he said the magic word: vampires.
@dragynfaerie a lot of the characters that were introduced like Phanora, Johan, Helga, Matt Cugat, Falvell, etc all play a role in future arcs. this season was really just an introduction.
Apr 18, 4:10 PM

May 2015
I'm glad Falvell turned that executioner to dust. A twisted man like that deserved such an end. Also, reviving the dead being no issue for her is crazy to think about. Great Finale. I'll miss this show's neat gothic art style. I hope it gets a season 2!
Apr 26, 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
I don´t read the manga, but this was as enjoyable anime overall.

As a veteran, I did not see problems in the art or animation as some people are mentioning and I think they were kinda nice. Probably some of those people are just being nitpick.

By the way, author-san, the kids/children in this show can´t really live in peace, huh? it´s like almost every arc they are there dying or suffering.

Anyway, I am torn between 7 or 8/10. Time to myanimelist add 7.5/10 Lol xD
TechOtakuApr 26, 1:48 PM
Apr 27, 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
That was pretty dam good, hope for S2.
Apr 28, 2:17 PM
Oct 2017
Definitely gonna continue reading the manga. Looks like they ended up in a land of vampires which is cool. The world building in this series is really good, and I liked the artsyle/aesthetic that accompanied it too.
Apr 29, 7:35 PM

Aug 2019
I'm so pleased that her brother survived. It is unforgivable what those villagers did to him and his sister.

I noticed right away that Guidaeu had zero sense of style before he met Ashaf so it is safe to assume that Ashaf select his outfits lol the last scene with the black clothes confirmed it.

I might read the manga since I don't think I'll be able to wait for the second season.
May 29, 10:31 PM

Aug 2018
All in all that was pretty decent. I hope we’ll get another season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» are the ses of DVD and Blur-Ray volume good ?

Haninegharbi - 10 hours ago

0 by Haninegharbi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

166 by Lin0o »»
Jun 2, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8

82 by NoviSun »»
May 27, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

36 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

37 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 6:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.