Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 3, 9:08 AM
Dec 2022
Hello Guys You see I don't watched the OG Version of this anime although I Planned to watch it but since this Come out of blue(for me) so I wondering can I watch it without any problems or should I go through OG previous contents, it's just that the moment I landed on this series I got High Hopes and expectations for someone reason without my knowledge and I was so excited but unable to watch it because it got over 3 season or something and I was preoccupied with verious things including caughting up with some of the Animes which I left behind unfinished and new ongoing seasonal animes and some Watchlist, etc, and There was personal stuff which I had a great struggle with which almost made me quit Anime for a while, like reasearch and stuff like that, so I am now kind of okay and need to catch up some unfinished Animes so when I saw the announcement about the remake I just wanted to confirm on weather I should watch or not since its technically a remake, so I don't have to have have prior knowledge of previous content right.?

Thank You

Have a Great Day

Peace
Apr 3, 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
Just watch the remake you don't need to watch OG.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 3, 9:16 AM
Jan 2024
First time watcher here. Loved the first episode and the whole atmosphere and dynamics it brought between characters. Since it’s a remake, you don’t need to see anything before this. Enjoy!
Apr 3, 9:23 AM
Jul 2022
you dont need to watch the OG since as far as i know the remake will be a closer adaptation of the LN as the original (the OG skipped some things i think) and most likely will adapt further than the original has
Apr 3, 9:25 AM

Sep 2018
It does not matter either way if you seen the og or not. It did not pull a fmab skipping through early parts expressed better in fma 2003.
Apr 3, 9:25 AM
Feb 2020
Just watch new one, it is pretty good and you don’t need og
Apr 3, 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
It's literally a more faithful remake, so no, you don't need to watch the original.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 9:28 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
If you haven't watched the OG version then you I believe you would enjoy this new version more :)

You don't need to watch the OG~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 9:55 AM
Dec 2022
OK guys thanks you everyone I will watch it.
Apr 3, 9:58 AM

Jul 2015
This is readaptation, so you don't need to watch anything else at all. On top of that, first episode was very positively received and I and many other consider this adaptation to be an improvement. At least so far.

Apr 3, 10:00 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to E-Satie
@E-Satie Thanks I will watch it.

It's just that I didn't watched the OG of Fruits basket but watched the remake and there was a lot of things like some says og was better than the remake (Personal I Loved The Remake pretty damn hard especially Haru's story) and since it's in similar situation so I was thinking about watching this or OG thanks for the guidance.
Apr 3, 10:00 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to E-Satie
@E-Satie Thanks I will watch it.

It's just that I didn't watched the OG of Fruits basket but watched the remake and there was a lot of things like some says og was better than the remake (Personal I Loved The Remake pretty damn hard especially Haru's story) and since it's in similar situation so I was thinking about watching this or OG thanks for the guidance.
Apr 3, 10:02 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Burgergakusei
First time watcher here. Loved the first episode and the whole atmosphere and dynamics it brought between characters. Since it’s a remake, you don’t need to see anything before this. Enjoy!
@Burgergakusei Thanks I will check it out.
Apr 3, 10:03 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to mobxmentality
you dont need to watch the OG since as far as i know the remake will be a closer adaptation of the LN as the original (the OG skipped some things i think) and most likely will adapt further than the original has
@mobxmentality Okay, thank you for your guidance.
Apr 3, 10:04 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to rohan121
It does not matter either way if you seen the og or not. It did not pull a fmab skipping through early parts expressed better in fma 2003.
@rohan121 okay, I will sure to check that.
Apr 3, 10:04 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Piromysl
This is readaptation, so you don't need to watch anything else at all. On top of that, first episode was very positively received and I and many other consider this adaptation to be an improvement. At least so far.
@Piromysl Thanks.
Apr 3, 10:05 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Astrid_Bear
Just watch new one, it is pretty good and you don’t need og
@Astrid_Bear Okey, Thank You.
Apr 3, 10:05 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
It's literally a more faithful remake, so no, you don't need to watch the original.
@LostSpectre Great, Thank You.
Apr 3, 10:06 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Rinrinka
If you haven't watched the OG version then you I believe you would enjoy this new version more :)

You don't need to watch the OG~
@Rinrinka Sure, Thank You.
Apr 3, 11:31 AM
Jul 2022
Zark_42 said:
Hello Guys You see I don't watched the OG Version of this anime although I Planned to watch it but since this Come out of blue(for me) so I wondering can I watch it without any problems or should I go through OG previous contents, it's just that the moment I landed on this series I got High Hopes and expectations for someone reason without my knowledge and I was so excited but unable to watch it because it got over 3 season or something and I was preoccupied with verious things including caughting up with some of the Animes which I left behind unfinished and new ongoing seasonal animes and some Watchlist, etc, and There was personal stuff which I had a great struggle with which almost made me quit Anime for a while, like reasearch and stuff like that, so I am now kind of okay and need to catch up some unfinished Animes so when I saw the announcement about the remake I just wanted to confirm on weather I should watch or not since its technically a remake, so I don't have to have have prior knowledge of previous content right.?

Thank You

Have a Great Day

Peace

It’s whether not weather as a nit pick. This is a remake you don’t need the original but I would listen to the original sound track. This will be 24 episodes and the original is also 24 so I’m guessing it’s finishing what the old did first then continuing the story
Apr 3, 4:09 PM
May 2020
If you fall in love with it, which I’m sure you will, you can finish the current series and always go back and watch the OG
Apr 3, 4:25 PM

Nov 2019
If you had already watched the original run, then the remake would perform underwhelmingly.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 3, 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
it's a remake that is more faithful to the LN.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 4, 3:58 AM
Dec 2014
Personally, I'd say watch the OG anyhow for the experience. While it alters some stuff and leaves out vol 4, as well as ending way too early, it's still an enjoyable, iconic adaptation.

The feel is gonna be different for both due to the art styles and soundtracks not being the same, But nonetheless, the OG is still worth seeing. Only reason not to watch OG is if you don't wanna retread the same ground that the remake will more or less cover also.

Also it's harder to judge atm due to being only 1 episode and we don't know what they plan on doing for the 2nd cour or if they are gonna give a definitive end.

If they include vol 4, but don't finish, stopping at around the same point as the OG anime, then it's gonna depend on how they handle it up to that point. That would be whether they handled adding in an extra story within the same episode count as the classic series and how it affects the pacing and narrative of the of the volumes the OG anime covered. If they don't finish but give more content, then the remake will have more reason to be watched.
GenesicKaiserApr 4, 4:27 AM
Apr 4, 11:49 PM
Jan 2024
It’s 20 or so minutes. It’s not that deep
Apr 5, 5:43 AM

Aug 2020
MavenTails said:

They clearly mean the entire season, which is a lot more than 20 minutes? Even if it's "just 20 minutes a week" that's genuinely a lot of time for some people, life can be busy.
Call me Ren
Apr 5, 7:09 AM
Jan 2024
Render_1 said:
MavenTails said:

They clearly mean the entire season, which is a lot more than 20 minutes? Even if it's "just 20 minutes a week" that's genuinely a lot of time for some people, life can be busy.

20 minutes isn’t a lot for anyone. I can guarantee they all have more than 20 minutes of screen time on their phones so time isn’t the issue.
Apr 5, 8:44 AM

Aug 2020
MavenTails said:
Render_1 said:

20 minutes isn’t a lot for anyone. I can guarantee they all have more than 20 minutes of screen time on their phones so time isn’t the issue.

okay, but how many shows are they watching? what other hobbies do they have? I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to, and that's not because I don't want to, I genuinely don't have time, I'd have to sacrifice something else, either social life, work, education etc, an extra show genuinely can be hard to keep up with.

Obviously they can find time to watch an episode, but it's a pretty reasonable question to ask if they should watch the original first, or at all.
Call me Ren

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

38 by RobertBobert »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

122 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 29

97 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.