Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 2, 3:52 AM
May 2023
Im intrested in watching, but I dont need to have watched the original, right?
Apr 2, 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
No, this is supposed to be a more faithful remake, my answer will change depending if Passione mess it all up. (I don't trust them)
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 2, 4:02 AM
Nov 2023
As said above, this is from the beginning, no prior knowledge needed. I have more faith in the quality than the comment above based on the exquisite job they did on the first episode. That standard of production applied to such a great story can’t fail. I sort of feel like weekly episodes might not be best, it’s a binge suited show to me. But I can’t wait so I’ll be here every week…
Apr 2, 4:05 AM
Apr 2020
I myself am big on copium, It is most of the old staff, the setup is more faithful to the LN and Kevin Penkin's OST was amazing for the first episode (reminds me of the last season of Made in Abyss), the production values are quite different than the usual stuff Passione makes, just like I wouldn't have thought Doga Kobo could make Oshi no Ko which stands out in terms of quality compared to their other recent anime imo.
Apr 2, 8:48 AM
Feb 2024
well the original made a lot of mistakes and wrong turns lore wise... besides that it's absolutely great and you can watch it if you want, but you don't have to
Apr 3, 12:12 AM
May 2023
chakracat said:
No, this is supposed to be a more faithful remake, my answer will change depending if Passione mess it all up. (I don't trust them)

names of some anime made by passione pls . Why arent you hopeful ???
Apr 3, 1:24 AM
Jul 2023
I hated the other one and dropped it after a few episodes, did it change a lot from the original story ?
Apr 3, 1:33 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to chakracat
@chakracat The OG director of Spice and Wolf (Takeo Takahashi) is literally the chief director of studio Passione...
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 1:43 AM
Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
@chakracat The OG director of Spice and Wolf (Takeo Takahashi) is literally the chief director of studio Passione...

And? Studio Passione only does adapt shitshows anyways, so turning trash into smth good must be impossible in most of the cases. Moreover the Higurashi (or whatever) Remake, that is considered worse than the original, wasn't directed by him. Spice and Wolf is a peak Novel to work with. If the the Anime stays as good as the first episode, the director has proven that he is the right one to do it properly.
Apr 3, 1:46 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to AshTheChamp
LostSpectre said:

And? Studio Passione only does adapt shitshows anyways, so turning trash into smth good must be impossible in most of the cases. Moreover the Higurashi (or whatever) Remake, that is considered worse than the original, wasn't directed by him. Spice and Wolf is a peak Novel to work with. If the the Anime stays as good as the first episode, the director has proven that he is the right one to do it properly.
@AshTheChamp He's literally the OG fucking director, there's no shot in hell he's going to fuck this one up.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

42 by metatron13 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

51 by MegamiRem »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

68 by MegamiRem »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 6:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.