Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 4:17 AM
Jun 2015

I have to get this out.. Generally speaking, I really enjoy the anime. It’s kind of wholesome and refreshing, personally speaking, but damn.. Tsubasa has to be AT LEAST one of the top three most annoying characters of all time. Not only because of the way he acts and what he does, but also because of the "ahhh, ooohhaaah" at literally EVERYTHING that happens.. like bro, shut the heck up, I’m begging you.
I can’t be the only one who gets headaches from him, right?!
Mar 23, 4:25 AM
Jul 2023
this dude makes weird noises at the smallest things like my guy needs self control lessons ๐Ÿ›
Mar 23, 4:30 AM
Mar 2021
Merueme said:

I have to get this out.. Generally speaking, I really enjoy the anime. It’s kind of wholesome and refreshing, personally speaking, but damn.. Tsubasa has to be AT LEAST one of the top three most annoying characters of all time. Not only because of the way he acts and what he does, but also because of the "ahhh, ooohhaaah" at literally EVERYTHING that happens.. like bro, shut the heck up, I’m begging you.

Well what’d you expect from him?? He’s a growing high-school boy with zero experience of being with the opposite sex and not to mention his family is conservative ofc he would be nervous and flustered at the smallest of things atleast he ain’t like kazuya ๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 23, 4:51 AM

Nov 2021
Classic harem mc’s. Can't really expect much tbh always trashy
Mar 23, 5:01 AM

Feb 2021
Yep. Almost ruins the show completely.
Anteiku Anime Reviews
anteikuanimereviews.com
Mar 23, 5:20 AM
Aug 2021
finally a positive criticism.. he does annoy me a lot .. but I keep my focus on the adorable gals and that's that
Mar 23, 6:06 AM
Nov 2020
Merueme said:

I think this trope in general is annoying. Like the MC from Girl I like forgot her glasses was even worse with his inner voice echoing.
Mar 23, 7:50 AM
Jun 2022
Uruichi said:
Merueme said:

Well what’d you expect from him?? He’s a growing high-school boy with zero experience of being with the opposite sex and not to mention his family is conservative ofc he would be nervous and flustered at the smallest of things atleast he ain’t like kazuya ๐Ÿ˜‚

Exactly, i feel like either these people forget what were they like in puberty especially being from a conservative family and zero experience or they want their ideal self or "Alpha male" there in the show.This isn't the first rom com and this isn't the last in which this is happening cause' this is the reality with such type of guys. If you get annoyed by it then ofcourse this whole f*****g genre isn't for you especially high school going unpopular guys because in 70% of the times you'll literally find the same thing in similar magnitude as it is the reality. You can't expect everyone to be like hachiman or Ayanokouji, the guys there are supposed to be kinda "normal" not far from "normal".
Mar 23, 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
It's almost like he is a protagonist and he is somehow supposed to express himself, so we as an audience could understand what happens in his head.
On top of that he is a young virgin boi and busty gyaru beauty is teasing him quite literally all the time.

Mar 23, 8:31 AM
May 2020
not at all
he expresses his feelings very well
and also in the last episode he realised that he gave the wrong answer to fuyuki and corrected it asap and the hug he gave her speaks a thousand words โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š
remember that some main characters struggle to start a proper conversation even in the 12th episode
compared to that this couple is progressing at rocket speedโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช
Mar 23, 10:44 AM
Apr 2020
It's personally the least annoying romcom mc for me like I mean there's plenty even worse than him.
Mar 23, 12:52 PM
Sep 2023
It is unjust to criticize the main character for his lack of experience with girls and for his nervous reactions when receiving affection. It is completely natural for someone in his position to react in such a way, and it is unfair to judge him for it. Additionally, the character Bro adds humor to the show, so there is no reason to speak negatively about the main character over something as insignificant as that. If the anime is not to your liking, simply stop watching it instead of constantly complaining about it.
PromiseofordozieMar 23, 12:57 PM
Mar 23, 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
Tbh he’s better than most shounen romance protags. He’s not as bad as many tbh. Wayyyy better than Dress-Up Darling dude
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 23, 3:22 PM
May 2022
I just wish he could have had some evolution in his reactions. He's been with the main girl so many times that he should be a bit more used to the way she expresses herself. But still, him being an introvert and her being so outgoing makes me more sympathetic to his reactions.
Mar 23, 9:58 PM
Dec 2018
You’ve broken the mirror for me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ
I have really enjoyed this show but the female leads are better character wise. 150%
Mar 24, 2:45 AM
Jun 2015
I feel like everyone defending Tsubasa in this thread doesn’t get my main point.. Yes, characters in these types of shows generally act like this. I get that, I've seen and enjoyed my fair share of these shows, but bro.. He's talking to a girl on the phone, and as soon as the slightest form of "teasing" happens, this guy instantly starts LOUDLY moaning non-stop in to my ears- this is NOT normal behavior. Not in anime, not in Japan, nowhere! You can’t seriously defend that xD
Mar 24, 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
I've seen plenty of trashy ecchi/harem, I don't particularly enjoy it, but I'm hardly phased by it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 24, 11:26 PM
Jan 2021
Gantz-613 said:
You’ve broken the mirror for me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ
I have really enjoyed this show but the female leads are better character wise. 150%

I think that’s usually the point. Most of these types of romances make the MC bland for a reason… it’s way easier for the average dude to relate / it’s easier for the watcher to envision themselves in the situation. Hence why the silent MC video game trope is so popular.

Many people argue anime like this are bad because of the MC, I don’t think an anime should be considered bad based on the decision to have the watcher be able to be a stand in for the MC.

Also the girls are always going to be likable comparably to the MC. Shoujos typically do the same thing.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 25, 8:05 AM
Jan 2022
i feel like they try to keep the mc bland and lame so that anyone can put them selves there. but man, this show is cute, but very slow and was a little dissappointed.
Mar 25, 12:54 PM
Sep 2023
Merueme said:
I feel like everyone defending Tsubasa in this thread doesn’t get my main point.. Yes, characters in these types of shows generally act like this. I get that, I've seen and enjoyed my fair share of these shows, but bro.. He's talking to a girl on the phone, and as soon as the slightest form of "teasing" happens, this guy instantly starts LOUDLY moaning non-stop in to my ears- this is NOT normal behavior. Not in anime, not in Japan, nowhere! You can’t seriously defend that xD

what do you expect from a romance anime, that reaction is what makes romance anime fun to watch
Mar 25, 1:40 PM

Sep 2016
He's nothing out of the ordinary, pretty much the most cliched shounen romcom protagonist possible.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 25, 1:49 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
He's a normal romcom MC, they're all a bit annoying, you can't expect much. imo Tsubasa is not worse than other MCs in similar anime.
Mar 25, 4:03 PM

Aug 2017
He's an all right guy. Worst MC in my recent memory is the one from Rental Girlfriend. That guy PAYS girls to go on dates with him.

Merueme said:
this is NOT normal behavior. Not in anime, not in Japan

Japanese guys are supposedly super herbivorous. I think it's very easy for outsiders to go there and pick up girls, as no one else approaches them.

These romcom MCs cannot be carnivores. The shows would be over within a few episodes.
CarbonMDMar 25, 4:08 PM
Mar 25, 4:15 PM

Aug 2020
How else will coomers relate?
Keep scrolling
Mar 26, 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
He must protect his virginity.

I enjoyed his lips getting ravaged this final episode. Deserved far worse for being in love hotel equivalent.

The quest for sexual anime with gorgeous girls continues. Thanks for subscribing to my personal blog.
Mar 27, 11:52 AM
Apr 2016
Tsubasa seems pretty normal to me. I'm guessing you don't know many socially awkward/anxious people.

When someone doesn't know how to act in a certain situation, they'll panic and make a fool of themselves due to nervousness. Being that this is anime, it's a bit exaggerated, but some people irl are similar.
Mar 31, 1:59 AM
Dec 2014
Agreed, he sucks lmao.
Apr 1, 7:40 AM

Oct 2018
Talking to the mc must feel like talking to an AI.
Apr 2, 9:49 AM
Oct 2009
It's made this way, a boring guy with no traits at all and doing nothing gets great gals... This will get you nowhere, you won't be able to meet someone like that also a chance of a random encounter where everything goes well is extremely low. Well yeah MC is annoying as hell, relax and get satisfaction.
BTW Has anyone noticed tha Sayurin wears Russian flag ?
Also i don't like gigantic boots they are out of proportions, they annoy me very much, too.
Apr 13, 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
Are y'all talking about MC being annoying with the "ahhh, ooohhaaah" sounds etc in dubbed voice or japanese? Feels like it matters but haven't found a comment asking.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favourite gal, till episode 6?

tamal4030 - Feb 17

25 by bastek66 »»
May 29, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

75 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 22, 4:02 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

40 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

113 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

105 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:00 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.