Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Another one of those boss type monsters, this one has the gimmick of a skeleton and undead themes.

Hell of a fight this episode though. Sunraku delivered a lot of stylish moves and gave that monster a run for its money.
Mar 17, 1:30 AM

May 2020
You know, recapping stuff that just happened last episode doesn’t seem like a very cool idea, but we know they would do anything to shorten the length of the actual episode content, so anyways. The usual grinding stuff which we are into for last, god knows how many episodes is getting a bit boring with the usual of dude screaming his lungs out with all sorts of lame vocabulary, but I’ll give it to the monster designs.

Those Lich actually did look scary, and moreover them hunting together in a bunch. Not sure how much they’d help with that task Vash has entrusted dude with, but at least Bilac getting the best out of it. I mean look what she did with that rusty as hell dullahan's sword, and while at it, dealing a final blow kind of too.

Not sure about crystal scorpions, but I hope they don’t play that convenient coincidence of dude again encountering a unique monster just because.
Mar 17, 2:51 AM
Jul 2023
The mini in this episode is very cute, Emul sure love carrots.
Mar 17, 3:09 AM

Feb 2021
6:10 歌う瘴骨魔 (utau shoukotsuma) - lit. singing miasma bone demon

8:06 兎銃「掌銃座」 - lit. Rabbit gun: palm gun position

The fight was pretty damn epic.
So the Crystal Scorpion will be the last boss of the season.
Cute SLF Theater
Mar 17, 3:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its easy to know bird-man gonna pay a little visit with those mysterious crystal scorpion. But to think that he'll do it right away. Bruh really can't hold the urge, eh?

Emul sleep talk kinda the most wholesome scene i've seen on this entire slf theater.

Last two episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 17, 3:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Tbf, testing out how powerful those lvl 100 monsters really are is not a bad strategy once you've defeated a unique one that wasn't meant to be defeated that early. It gives you some sense of perspective and you may be able to witness veteran players in action. Nonetheless that's for later, for now let's delve into what a cool fight that last one was, still emanating the mechanics of a video game where a boss multiplies itself and has different attack patterns. There sure are advantages on taking a blacksmith out on a quest, and this was no exception with that improvised weapon.

2 episodes to go.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 17, 4:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
LOL of course he goes back for the crystal scorpions

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 4:04 AM
Sep 2021
Another area boss is down & now we have reached eightfold, but sunraku took a U-turn to fight the scorpion monsters.
Mar 17, 4:09 AM
Nov 2023
That was a typical good SLF episode. The anime is great and popular; a season 2 is inevitable.
I'm a little worried about this season's finale, though. There is no way they can "cultivate" Birac, fix the battery and reunite with the group to create the clan and test the mechs, in such a short time, without it feeling rushed. I can sense the cliffhanger coming...
Mar 17, 4:49 AM

Oct 2017
Saying Sunraku to not be reckless is pretty much telling him to do it and here we go. Crystal scorpions next.
Mar 17, 5:11 AM
Oct 2016
Sunraku, Emul and Bilac continuing through this miasma filled forest trying to find the area boss. Which is a creepy humming skeleton, very unsettling especially in this dark forest. Only being able to hurt this thing with holy affinity weapons is truly grueling if you didn't have one such weapon. Sunraku probably should've investigated the path he would be taking to the eighth city and what monsters would be in the way of that path. A little pre planning can go a long way which Bilac pointed out. Sunraku is super lucky that Bilac came along since she could fix that rusty blade from that headless horseman to work long enough that Sunraku could slash all the hulking skeletons. A boss making clones is nothing new but the choral humming definitely adds another layer of creepy that would make you want to run instead of fight. Them sharing A heal pool helped Sunraku a lot since he could attack each clones without worrying about it being useless. Emul rabbit gun on Sunraku arm did make me laugh, her magic shooting helped him out a lot too. Beating that boss and advancing to the eighth city. Sunraku naturally couldn't resist going back to the forest so he could fight those crystal scorpions.
Mar 17, 6:17 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So lucky, Sunraku concidentally brought a party member who had mean to defeat the boss which was immune to Sunraku's twin daggers~

I wonder what would happen if he went solo against the lich boss.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 17, 6:35 AM

Dec 2022
well talk about making a game where the npc can dream too

anyway pretty sure everyone knew what sunraku was gonna do when he found about those scorpions heck i would do the same thing in his position
Mar 17, 6:42 AM
Oct 2019
BIG CARROTS, Yeahh sure Emul 😏
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

Dec 2016
BOOOOORING

Everything is so drawn out. Why the frack do we need to see the bad CG skeletons appear again when we know they won't fight Sunraku anyway.

The fight with the lich was so boring and stretched out. So many tumbles and cartwheels from the 2 stupid bunnies. Sunraku finally gets a holy weapon to deal damage, what does he do? Stand there like a f*cking moron monologuing while the lich also just stares at him. Same goes to infodump the audience once again how his stupid buffs work based on time and low health (we already know this from the crap-a-mon fight). This show relies so much on tell don't show despite the animators having the actual skills to make the fights more dinamic.

Mar 17, 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm, are they gonna end it with a cliffhanger where Sunraku may not be able to defeat the scorpion?! Here comes the bird brain in action again.

Mini theatre was so adorable.

P.S. It was unbearable watching this episode with normal playback speed. 😖
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 17, 11:14 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
tell me why best girl is blacksmith rabbit and i don't even like Arthur
Mar 17, 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
crystal scorpions next then
Mar 17, 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
The Canyon of Ancient Souls is where Sunraku, Emul and Bilac continued their walk, and encountering just a Crystal Scorpion fires up Sunraku's willfulness to fight it, though he restraints for the area boss first while chasing low levels off with Lycagon's Mark. The area boss: a Humming Lich, and without holy-attribute weapons, Sunraku is not able to land a hit. No matter, it's Bilac to help him carve an item while Sunraku and Emul buy time...though Sunraku may have just spawned an anomaly with different kinds of weapons, and it's a challenge to outwit and outlast them all.

A good thing that the Humming Lich and its clones all share the same HP pool, and Sunraku takes advantage of that weakness to clear out the clones in 1-hit KOs and target the main body before his power draws less, along with the Dullahan General's Decapitator with his Glowing Pierce. It was a fierce fight, but both Sunraku and Bilac managed to overcome their odds and move forward to Eightfold. It's so easy to tempt Emul with carrots to do his bidding, and while the rabbits are back in Rabituza, Sunraku takes this chance to rebel and go after the Crystal Scorpions, typical human thinking.

Totally doing something you are asked not to, that's the Sunraku way.
Mar 17, 1:08 PM

Mar 2007
You know, if that blacksmithing rabbit Bilal had been in Demon Slayer's Swordsmith Village Arc things would have turned out so different.

She jury rigged a holy weapon out of the Dullahan General's sword in less screentime than it took to make a 3 minute instant noodles, when the other guy was sharpening that Katana for 7+ episodes. Just saying.

Also Emul is easily distracted by promises of carrots.
Mar 17, 1:58 PM

Jun 2021
what are they really trying to make this rabbit the main waifu?

well I tell you what.... it is not working.
Yandere_@lover
Mar 17, 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Some epic action once again. Only 2 episodes of this left. ;(
Mar 17, 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
Blacksmith rabbit is best girl and I’ll hear no debates on it.

Another really good episode with a fun boss fight. The rabbit pile driver was a dope move and some new weapons for Sunraku. Looking forward to him taking on the crystal scropions
Marinate1016Mar 17, 3:31 PM
Mar 17, 5:41 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Of course he went back to fight those crystal scorpions 😂 he wanted to the minute he heard about them xD it so sad we only have 2 episodes left, but I’m sure we will get another season for this show so I’m excited to see where this season leaves us off at
Mar 17, 7:46 PM
Apr 2023
The more you watch Sunraku and Emul fighting a boss together makes you think it is how the voice actors really are in their daily life as a real life husbando and waifu. (context: Uchida Yuuma and Hidaka Rina are currently married in real life)
Mar 17, 9:00 PM

May 2019
At first I wasn't sure what Sunraku was up to when he dropped off both rabbits but when he made his way back to that foggy area I knew it was so that he could fight those crystal scorpions lol. With 2 episodes remaining there isn't much time left so I'm curious to see where this ends and hopefully a 2nd season is announced.
Mar 17, 10:08 PM

Feb 2019
the Rabbit Pile Bunker move was the best! lol i didn't think that dullahan's sword will last, but it survived and now, i wonder what bilac will do to polish it up. that post-credit scene was sooo cute! now i wonder what emul's dreaming about too lol
Mar 18, 2:48 PM

May 2015
What a spooky episode.
Mar 18, 3:42 PM
Apr 2023
All I could think after seeing the litch was its right arm consistently bends in 3 places, must be from the long arm tribe XD
Mar 19, 7:51 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see how He beat the final boss :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 19, 4:23 PM

Jan 2021
That was a really fun battle. I loved the teamwork between Sunraku and the rabbits. He used both of them to their full potential. It was hilarious seeing Sunraku throw them at the enemy multiple times. And of course the dude goes back for those crystal scorpions. C'mon you can't tell a battle junky not to fight absurdly strong enemies. Especially not something as cool as crystal scorpions.

Glad we have two episodes left. Leaving it with next weeks episode of just fighting random enemies would have been weird.
Mar 19, 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ Sun still scaring the poor Skeleton Wyverns...

Lich huh...

And they're going with the "bunny gun" again, LOL

Tho I think it's pretty OP that Sun got these special bunny NPCs with automatous AI function where they can take your orders and take their own actions/ thoughts to help the players.

Plus... the bunny NPCs can somehow "dream"... huh...

LOL @ Sun ditching the bunnies and going to hunt the Crystal Scorpion himself (cause the bunnies is constantly nagging Sun to not get close to the Crystal Scorpion... LOL)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 20, 7:42 PM

Oct 2022
Sunraku showing some responsibility. He does not want to risk the life of his favorite killer rabbit Emul, so when he decides to go on a suicide mission he leaves her behind (much to her chagrin)

Mar 21, 3:37 AM

Oct 2022
Sanraku on his way to get a harem of bunny girls....... Literally 😂
Mar 21, 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
After the tense fight against Wethermon, this last couple of combats have been hella fun. Sunraku, Emul and Bilac make a wonderful improvised team.
And of course he went back for the Crystal Scorpions lol.

Emul dreaming of carrots and Sunraku was cute.
Mar 22, 2:26 AM
Jun 2012
Nice fight sequence. Smooth animation.
Mar 23, 4:59 PM

Nov 2009

They're trying to satisfy multiple level of fetishes.

The Full bunny - Emul rabbit form that jumps and runs around on all four, 80% Bunny, 20% Human

The half bunny - Bilac with humanoid stance and moves like a human crafting stuff, 60% Bunny, 40% Human

The humanoid bunny - Emul changing into her human form and sometimes just reveal her ears or tail, 10% Bunny, 90% Human

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 24, 3:03 PM
Oct 2023
Animenya bagus banget bentar lagi tamat
Mar 26, 11:22 PM
Mar 2024
Sunraku the journey for lycagon i cant wait for the next episode
Mar 29, 5:22 AM
Mar 2019
Now Sunraku is truly OP. Since, I don't play video games anymore, I'm just going to live vicariously through him. :)
Mar 31, 5:22 AM

Jun 2019
Two cute bunnies on my shoulders. How cute it can get? LOL. But, their team work was really amazing. Loved it.
Apr 1, 11:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing fight and anwsone strategy to win the death!!!
kekeke
Apr 7, 5:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sunraku and Bilac combo to defeat the Lich was absolutely great! Now they finally reached that crystal city (which looks beautiful) and both rabbit left... for Sunraku go fight the most dangerous zone with the scorpions alone LMAO he's going to regret that, reminds me so much of my early WoW days where I would go alone in the highest level zone and just get spawn killed ahahaha
Apr 12, 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to OutOfGalaxy
@OutOfGalaxy would be hilarious, ant the girl crushing on him would have hilarious reaction to lol
Apr 15, 8:43 AM

Mar 2019
Bilac best rabbit!🐇
Apr 19, 6:15 PM
Mar 2019
He couldn't wait to Solo.
Apr 20, 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
Their own rabbit like bunker was a cool moment.

I have a feeling Sunraku is about to get himself killed.
May 7, 12:24 PM

Sep 2023
I wonder if the "the best defense is a good offense" line is another shout-out to Eyeshield 21. Like when they showed Ryokan Kurita. That was this anime right ?

Ah, that was Doctor Stone.
Still wonder if it's a reference or just a common saying is supposed.
Zharux11May 7, 12:30 PM
It used to be WTF is meaning, all I know is loyalty.
Now it's all I know is meaning, and I'm loyal to that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

108 by Demonskunk »»
Jun 2, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Abysmally slow pacing is ruining the anime

GangsterCat - Nov 19, 2023

40 by Tetraquads »»
May 28, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

60 by KyoyaTempest »»
May 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

91 by leeyo69 »»
May 17, 1:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.