Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
I mean, Chihiro is by far the cutest girl in the anime, the prettiest.

And if the male MC dates Chihiro, he wouldnt have to worry about "competition" from other guys, or feeling "inferior" when next to the female MC, and no height complex either if with Chihiro

Edit, after reading replies = You repliers have to understand that the following 3 things are things that a man looks for in a woman at the very least:

1- A cute girl. Chihiro is cute (and so is Moe)

2- A girl who he doesnt feel inferior to. MC feels like hes inferior to Yamada, but he wouldnt feel inferior with Chihiro (or Moe)

3- A girl who wont be chased around by other guys, since a man wants peace. Chihiro and Moe are not being chased by guys and that would give him peace since he wont have to worry about other people being nosy, unlike what would happen if he dated Yamada. If he dated Yamada, tons of other guys would be trying to get with Yamada, even if they knew that she was dating the MC

Chihiro fits these descriptions above (and I guess Moe as well).

For his own mental health sanity, the MC should NOT be chasing after Yamada.

oooo3333Mar 5, 4:41 PM
Mar 4, 3:30 PM
Jan 2024
oooo3333 said:

And the male MC wouldnt have to worry about "competition" or feeling "inferior" when next to the female MC, and no height complex either if with Chihiro

It’s true that Ichikawa has some kind of “inferiority” regarding Yamada’s greatness, but I don’t see a romantic relationship with Chihiro (Yamada’s friend). In fact, she doesn’t even consider Ichikawa as a romantic interest.

However, the inferiority complex would end in the following chapters. There’s a notorious development of Ichikawa as a character and you’ll see his peak in the end of the season (if you’be already read the manga, you might know what I’m talking about).

I should mention that it would state clearly why both of them love each other.
Mar 4, 3:34 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
That’s certainly one shallow way of looking at the relationship and series as a whole.
Mar 4, 3:34 PM
May 2023
oooo3333 said:

And the male MC wouldnt have to worry about "competition" or feeling "inferior" when next to the female MC, and no height complex either if with Chihiro

I’m asking respectfully, but… how the hell did you come up to that conclusion?
(You explained it but it’s like “what?”)
Mar 4, 3:54 PM
Jan 2024
SenshadouOtaku said:
oooo3333 said:

I’m asking respectfully, but… how the hell did you come up to that conclusion?
(You explained it but it’s like “what?”)

I asked myself the same thing, but I hope he has a reason…
Mar 4, 4:01 PM
Oct 2021
so you are watching with your eyes and ears closed you said
Mar 4, 4:05 PM

Apr 2021
oooo3333 said:

There has been hardly any interaction between the two, without the involvement of Yamada.

There is absolutely no romantic interest between the two.

Chihiro is basically Yamada’s friend

And she is not the prettiest of the group
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 4, 4:18 PM
May 2021
nai NAI NAI NAI , friend with benefits
Mar 4, 4:28 PM
Jul 2021
I am for the canon ship between Ichikawa and Yamada. But if I had to go with a second one it would be Moeko and Ichikawa. I like the chemistry that they have together and I like how teasing Moeko can get with Ichikawa.
Mar 4, 4:39 PM
Sep 2021
I don't see it at all, sorry
Mar 4, 5:07 PM
May 2023
ejleon said:
oooo3333 said:

There has been hardly any interaction between the two, without the involvement of Yamada.

There is absolutely no romantic interest between the two.

Chihiro is basically Yamada’s friend

And she is not the prettiest of the group

Fr 😭 I forgot chihiro was a thing
Mar 4, 5:46 PM
Dec 2022
Chihiro? Fr? I had to look up who that even was cause I forgot her name
Mar 4, 6:06 PM
Mar 2021
oooo3333 said:

Your idea relies on the concept that you are better off with someone similar to you (be that in physical stature, social standing or some other metric) which is a flawed way to view romance both in anime and in real life.

The person that you would be happiest with could be anything from someone just like you, to someone who is your polar opposite. In Ichikawa's case, seeing Yamada as someone above him has pushed him to become better. He has an inferiority complex but is actively tearing it to pieces as the story progresses. If constantly bettering yourself is considered the happiest way to live life, then Yamada is the absolute best match for him.
Mar 4, 6:07 PM

Mar 2021
Ichikawa and Chii are barely even friends, they don’t interact much with each other.

Also Ichikawa pushing past his insecurities is one of the main points of the series and his character development.
Mar 4, 6:27 PM
Nov 2023
You gotta be joking lol.
They’ve hardly interacted. I’d understand your suggestion a bit if you said Moeko
I agree with the others his development is amazing and if Chii was better he’d have fallen for her instead
Mar 4, 6:34 PM

Feb 2023
No.

Just because they are both short doesn’t make them a couple.

pretty sure OP is trolling.
Mar 4, 9:45 PM

Apr 2021
what a bad take, like of all yamada friends this is the one that ichikawa talks the less with. They have no chemistry whatsoever, and neither one is interested in one another. Plus chihiro doesnt really comes as someone who is pursuing a romantic relationship, actually i would say she doesnt pay attention to romance, like her other friends do.
Mar 4, 9:47 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to justhuman22
I am for the canon ship between Ichikawa and Yamada. But if I had to go with a second one it would be Moeko and Ichikawa. I like the chemistry that they have together and I like how teasing Moeko can get with Ichikawa.
@justhuman22 def agree with you, i like the chemistry and interactions of ichikawa and moeko, and it would have been more understandable than saying chihiro.
Mar 5, 12:13 AM
Sep 2023
On the latest chapters, Kobayashi is
, while still being oblivious about his relationship with Yamada.
Mar 5, 2:49 AM
Aug 2020
justhuman22 said:

true moeko seems to have good vibe with ichikawa. But yamada and ichikawa buildup trust till now is unbreakable. And nice pfp btw cant wait for Yumiella greatness today and hopefully getting her with Patrick
Mar 5, 2:55 AM

Sep 2016
Nah, he would be better off with Moeko and his onee-san.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 5, 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
That would undermine the whole premise of the series.

Mar 5, 5:51 AM
Jul 2021
Sekiro94 said:
justhuman22 said:

true moeko seems to have good vibe with ichikawa. But yamada and ichikawa buildup trust till now is unbreakable. And nice pfp btw cant wait for Yumiella greatness today and hopefully getting her with Patrick

Oh yeah. Ichikawa and Yamada are cemented as the main ship for sure. I don’t think there is any going back.
I am definitely excited for this week’s episode! The anime does Yumiella’s facial expressions and tone justice. The light novels are amazing, but it is really really nice to see her animated.
The next episode should be very fun. Also. I am not going to spoil anything.
Mar 5, 6:10 AM
Aug 2020
justhuman22 said:
Sekiro94 said:

Oh yeah. Ichikawa and Yamada are cemented as the main ship for sure. I don’t think there is any going back.
I am definitely excited for this week’s episode! The anime does Yumiella’s facial expressions and tone justice. The light novels are amazing, but it is really really nice to see her animated.
The next episode should be very fun. Also. I am not going to spoil anything.

She is only saving redemption of show. She is op yea, but they way she talks, thinks, and everything she do is amusing af. Others are generic af. And her VC is perfect
Mar 5, 9:48 AM
May 2022
justhuman22 said:

I absolutely second that
Mar 5, 2:04 PM
Oct 2022
"MC should go for someone else so he doesn't have to grow as a person as much!"
Mar 5, 7:31 PM
Jun 2023
LucenProject said:
"MC should go for someone else so he doesn't have to grow as a person as much!"

Then the same guys goes ahead and starts complaining that the mc is pathetic and doesn't grow as a character
Mar 5, 7:34 PM
Jun 2023
Thats just how you feel and what your standards or criteria of dating are so maybe not apply it on every single guy out there wether or not it be a fictional character also
Mar 6, 6:50 AM
Feb 2023
oooo3333 said:

And if the male MC dates Chihiro, he wouldnt have to worry about "competition" from other guys, or feeling "inferior" when next to the female MC, and no height complex either if with Chihiro

Edit, after reading replies = You repliers have to understand that the following 3 things are things that a man looks for in a woman at the very least:

1- A cute girl. Chihiro is cute (and so is Moe)

2- A girl who he doesnt feel inferior to. MC feels like hes inferior to Yamada, but he wouldnt feel inferior with Chihiro (or Moe)

3- A girl who wont be chased around by other guys, since a man wants peace. Chihiro and Moe are not being chased by guys and that would give him peace since he wont have to worry about other people being nosy, unlike what would happen if he dated Yamada. If he dated Yamada, tons of other guys would be trying to get with Yamada, even if they knew that she was dating the MC

Chihiro fits these descriptions above (and I guess Moe as well).

For his own mental health sanity, the MC should NOT be chasing after Yamada.

ok first things first, YOU DO NOT get to decide who loves who, you should not be running around telling everyone that "he should love her", "she should love him because they match", etc. like for the love of god...that's NOT how relationship works. If he wants to know about her and pursue her then let him be.

Second, If Ichikawa, the boy who is knowledgeable about love, asks Chi, who is very clueless about love, to go out with him, what would be Chi's response? If you atleast watch who Chi is, then you should know it by now.

Lastly, "competition" lovewise is not an uncommon thing and that is part of the growth. It makes a man be dedicated to his partner and that's exactly what Ichikawa is doing right now. He wants to break out of his shell and Yamada is his motivation and goal. I get the part that men want peace. But men will get their peace when they achieve their goal.
Mar 6, 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
my guy, u just outed urself as single...
its "love" its not a shopping mal, re u rly saying he dhould date someone else because they look more balanced? LOL 💀
Mar 7, 1:20 AM
Feb 2018
Settling down actually turns into the worse relationships.
Mar 7, 1:12 PM
Jun 2021
Slothfulslug292 said:
Chihiro? Fr? I had to look up who that even was cause I forgot her name

same bruh. idk how the hell this man came to the conclusion. this chihiro has no presence in the anime
Mar 7, 3:14 PM
Oct 2016
you need to work on yourself homie, this is a toxic and weak mentality. it’s also kind of the point of the anime, sometimes you can’t see the good in yourself but others can and if your too focused on not being good enough you will drive those people away
Mar 8, 2:34 AM
Apr 2017
oooo3333 said:

I don't understand. You mean it's what you look for not "a man". How do you go about representing everyone?

oooo3333 said:
2- A girl who he doesnt feel inferior to.

I don't feel inferior to anyone and why do you have to? It's just one's attitude to the situation. My partner might earn more or less or be successful in some areas and so? Everyone has their own qualities. Be happy with yourself.

oooo3333 said:
3- A girl who wont be chased around by other guys, since a man wants peace.

Why can't the MC want to put up a good fight? Perhaps he prefers the competition? Usually the good stuff gets taken and sold out...
Mar 9, 7:47 PM
May 2022
Bro these are imaginary middle schoolers
Mar 9, 8:26 PM

Jun 2010
Chii is too dumb for love.
Mar 10, 12:41 AM
Oct 2019
What do you implied here?
Short should have been with Short? LMAO
Mar 11, 10:19 PM
Apr 2023
You shallow fucking idiot. Stop projecting your tastes and insecurities onto the rest of us men. You like who you like and you can't just change that because someone else has less competition. That wouldn't be fair on the second choice. So shut up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.