Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 4:53 AM
Jul 2021
So this whole trailer, I mean every single second of it is animated by Keniichiro Aoki himself. Yes one man. Aoki is a beast when it comes to action animation, he single handedly carried s2, nearly animated on every single episode. Animated all the highlight fights . So him carrying whole OPM s3 is highly possible. Having no director credit for even pre-animated trailer is concerning. It means they're not even into deep in production, possibly forced by animation producer to give something to fans who have been demanding something from months. Frieren is nearing it's completion, Frieren's last episode isn't finished yet. They could get some of them to join s3. If it's releasing in late 2025, I think we'll have something amazing from the staff. It's going to a mess anything less than that. Since the directors name is not yet revealed, it's fair to say that s2 director won't be returning. The Character designers however are amazing they managed to rope in Ryosuke Shirokawa, who's a KyoAni regular and does highly detailed character designs, the other being Chikashi Kubota who's the definition of "VETERAN". As for how I know the trailer is pre-animated, someone confirmed privately with Aoki on X. ALSO SUPPORT THE STAFF AND STUDIO. No amount of doom posting will get you your S1 nor Mappa/Bones/Ufotable. S2 had young Chris, Juilian Bentley, Daniel Baron and Rioo who were very inexperienced back in 2019. Now all of them are different kind of beasts. If we get even some of them to atleast help Aoki with action animation, we're guaranteed to have a good product.

If you want to know about how much Aoki dedicated himself to s2, watch this video. He's the real S-class hero of One-punch Man.
https://youtu.be/bPy_YkAedjc?si=BCwjXGiF_wWuucCJ
Also if you have twitter, please go show him some love. That might motivate him to work even harder.
https://twitter.com/jumpaoki/status/1763493299028217983?t=nJkPcK_Ada-3zp4cCdmPQQ&s=19
Please, I beg you do not insult him or the studio on his posts. Japanese animators take everything seriously.
Anime_SkaddielMar 1, 5:15 AM
Mar 1, 7:58 AM
Jan 2015
Nice to see somebody defending them for a change. I still stand by my original opinion of the second season, but I won't deny it was good.

If there's one thing for sure, OPM is a "read the manga" story. Could live your entire life and still not get the anime to cover the thing, let alone if One will ever put an end to the narrative anytime soon.
Mar 1, 8:12 AM
Jul 2021
Notshane said:
Nice to see somebody defending them for a change. I still stand by my original opinion of the second season, but I won't deny it was good.

If there's one thing for sure, OPM is a "read the manga" story. Could live your entire life and still not get the anime to cover the thing, let alone if One will ever put an end to the narrative anytime soon.

I'm not defending s2. I'm asking people to support the staff for s3, instead of mindless hate.
Mar 1, 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
lmao last time i watched a pre-animated trailer it was AoT Final season P1, you know how shit it was and it's from mappa, one of the most prominent studio rn, and AoT's animation never got better by much till the end

a pre-animated trailer from J.C Staff doesn't sound good at all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 8:51 AM
Jul 2021
A pre-animated trailer isn't a bad thing when the staff themselves make it. It's a bad thing if they have to outsource the pre-animated trailer. In this care the staff for the trailer are participating in the anime itself. If you want to name a disappointed name a proper one least. While Attack on titan trailer was definitely misleading, the animation for the show itself wasn't that bad.It's better than most animes that supposedly have good animation. Hell's Paradise on the other hand is what I call cluster fu**. If you didn't know Chainsaw Man also had a pre-animated trailer.
Mar 1, 9:06 AM
Aug 2020
jackoffwanker said:
lmao last time i watched a pre-animated trailer it was AoT Final season P1, you know how shit it was and it's from mappa, one of the most prominent studio rn, and AoT's animation never got better by much till the end

if OPM 3 looks as good as AOT season 4 we're eating good lol
Mar 1, 12:31 PM

Jun 2019
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
A pre-animated trailer isn't a bad thing when the staff themselves make it. It's a bad thing if they have to outsource the pre-animated trailer. In this care the staff for the trailer are participating in the anime itself. If you want to name a disappointed name a proper one least. While Attack on titan trailer was definitely misleading, the animation for the show itself wasn't that bad.It's better than most animes that supposedly have good animation. Hell's Paradise on the other hand is what I call cluster fu**. If you didn't know Chainsaw Man also had a pre-animated trailer.
@Anime_Skaddiel better than most anime? yes. similar quality as other mappa big shows? no.

having mappa taking on ur fav anime would make u have high expectations, everyone wants JJK or CSM treatment, while Jigokuraku was ass, still doesn't change the fact that AoT's Final Season is arguably a huge disappointment, Part 1 and 2 especially (arguably is the keyword here).

Regarding J.C Staff, they have number of upcoming shows on plate and i heard they don't usually rely on freelancers too much (i could be wrong) so in-house is the last hope here now if the in-house staffs expanded a lot since OPM S2, maybe they could nail it but like i said they have a number of upcoming shows.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 12:32 PM

Jun 2019
Reply to ratliker63
jackoffwanker said:

@ratliker63 different perspective i guess but i get it XD
Mar 1, 2:26 PM
Sep 2020
Anime_Skaddiel said:

pre-animated trailer is a bad thing because it means they don't got shit done.
Mar 1, 4:48 PM
Jul 2021
Spoopy69 said:
Anime_Skaddiel said:

Well the release date hasn't been announced. The trailer showcased what Aoki, Shirokawa and Kubota are capable of.
Mar 1, 9:39 PM
Oct 2021
No cambiará en nada a la segunda temporada será una mierda y así será siempre por qué el estudio es mediocre y es un asco en líneas generales
La tercera temporada será un asco
Mar 1, 9:39 PM
May 2021
jackoffwanker said:

aot s4 animation was very good except part 1
Mar 1, 10:34 PM
Sep 2020
Anime_Skaddiel said:
Spoopy69 said:

Well the release date hasn't been announced. The trailer showcased what Aoki, Shirokawa and Kubota are capable of.

yea but it's not common for the industry to lleave an announced show on the shelve for very long, i think they might try to release it in fall or winter
Mar 1, 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
character designers does not mean they are also chief animation directors btw so im gonna wait for the core staff announcement more before judging

because preanimated trailer with no credits is already a big red flag on how the production schedule is going
Mar 1, 10:44 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to ratliker63
jackoffwanker said:

@ratliker63 no, not for opm s3
Season 4 p1 was bad and p2 average, most of them were cgi, and not a good cgi.
Just p3 was very good, that's because they had 2 years time for 2ep 1h.
Mar 1, 10:44 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to ratliker63
jackoffwanker said:

Mar 2, 5:42 AM
Jul 2021
deg said:
character designers does not mean they are also chief animation directors btw so im gonna wait for the core staff announcement more before judging

because preanimated trailer with no credits is already a big red flag on how the production schedule is going

CDs do CAD work most of the time. It's very normal. Anyway that Garo correction was by Kubota.
Mar 2, 5:43 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
deg said:

CDs do CAD work most of the time. It's very normal. Anyway that Garo correction was by Kubota.
@Anime_Skaddiel its not guaranteed that cd are also cad though thats the point
Mar 2, 6:04 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to deg

@deg it's blue flag actually not red lol
Mar 2, 6:05 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
deg said:

@Anime_Skaddiel Kubota didn't do anything in S2 except the very first KV of S2 and the same for S3 so far
anyways i think kurodo was the CAD
Mar 2, 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to todd2580
@deg it's blue flag actually not red lol
@todd2580 ye its you again the one defending season 2 so bad lol youre in the minority here
Mar 2, 6:34 AM
Jul 2021
todd2580 said:
@Anime_Skaddiel Kubota didn't do anything in S2 except the very first KV of S2 and the same for S3 so far
anyways i think kurodo was the CAD

Is it Kuroda? I was guessing Kubota because, he did similar corrections in Gurren Lagan
Mar 2, 11:16 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to zero00guard
@zero00guard Attack on Titan had VERY good CG, specially for part 2.
Mar 2, 11:42 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Oongbuh
@Oongbuh yeah you're right 😒
Mar 2, 11:42 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Oongbuh
@Oongbuh yeah you're right 😒
Mar 2, 9:10 PM
Oct 2021
La tercera temporada será una mierda
este teaser es solo un adelanto que se tardaron en hacer en un año y medio
además de eso con un dibujo ya se compraron a la gente pero la realidad es que no es ni siquiera una buena animación
jc staff es un mierda que pinto colores con este teaser y la gente se la comió entera se comieron un dibujo de garou y una animación mediocre que asco

More topics from this board

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

40 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 1:23 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM

» Is it Releasing this Fall, or next year winter or maybe even later and the episode number

Jatin587 - May 5

16 by DayRivia »»
May 12, 5:17 PM

» THIRD HERO VISUAL (GENOS)

OvergrownRover - May 2

20 by deg »»
May 5, 6:37 AM

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

16 by AuraBorealis005 »»
May 4, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.