Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 12:13 AM
Jan 2022
The biggest question nobody is asking after studio name announcement for Season 3 is 'Why did they took 2 years to announce Studio name which is same as S2 i.e JC Staff, after initial announcement of Season 3?'.
Now take this as conspiracy theory but I believe that as reported initially by a very credible leakster Shounenleaks,Mappa was actually tentatively selected for OPM S3 but lateron Mappa rejected that offer due to their obvious stacked schedule.So they had to again go back to J.C Staff for Season 3.This theory is validated more by the fact that the S3 trailer is preanimated that means its not from actual anime,indicating JC Staff is very early in animation production.So in 2yrs of production JC Staff is still in early animation production with no release date, definitely validate that theory.
EDIT: Deleted bad rep about JC Staff as it will divert the topic.
gamiboMar 1, 2:25 AM
Mar 1, 12:29 AM
Dec 2020
you know who actually is ruining opm for me?
its not the studio or the director, its the people who constantly complain about it even tho we haven’t seen anything yet.
how many more posts like this one do we need?
Mar 1, 12:47 AM
Mar 2021
i think the fights aren't tht good as 1st season but still they managed build on the story based content in the 2nd season ,that is very good people are just hateful for that,Jc staff is really good...i don't care abt a**h*ls who comment bad on the studio by just sitting and waching anime in piracy sites
Anime Rules the world
Mar 1, 12:56 AM
Dec 2020
Naveen6662246 said:
i think the fights aren't tht good as 1st season but still they managed build on the story based content in the 2nd season ,that is very good people are just hateful for that,Jc staff is really good...i don't care abt a**h*ls who comment bad on the studio by just sitting and waching anime in piracy sites

i was also a little disappointed by the story in s2.
i read ahead in the manga tho and it should get better in s3
Mar 1, 1:10 AM

Jul 2015
People are saying that JC Staff doing third season is bad by default as if they never made Danmachi.

Mar 1, 2:05 AM
Nov 2022
keinboesewicht said:
its not the studio or the director, its the people who constantly complain about it even tho we haven’t seen anything yet.

The adaptation of S2 was still lame, and OPM, aka one of the biggest mangas of all time, deserves a proper adaptation. We’re not asking for tm, even if they made a Spider-Man movie with a 10 M budget everyone would complain because it’d look shit, and they’d be right. Good things deserve good things in return
Mar 1, 2:24 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to keinboesewicht
@keinboesewicht I should have not added that last line about JC staff being shitt. It definitely changed the topic. I will be deleting that last line now in order to not change the topic.
Mar 1, 2:29 AM
Apr 2020
pov me explaining how beyoncé act iii is gonna be a fortnite collab, album, movie, and an announcement that beyoncé will be mr one in the live action one piece
Mar 1, 9:13 AM
Dec 2022
keinboesewicht said:

Thank you, bro! I agree.
Mar 1, 9:40 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to keinboesewicht
@keinboesewicht And I'm getting sick cause of this cult-like optimism. Most of today's complainers back then believed that S2 would be sufficient enough to do justice to it's high quality and it's highly popular source material even if there is a change of studios and it's been made by a studio named JC Staff which isn't known for action animes. All the optimists got their share back then and sharpened their blades while waiting for this day to come. Let them complain. They deserve this at least.
Mar 1, 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
pre production time usually takes the majority of production time and its usually around 1-2 years alone and the actual production is only about 6 months for anime adaptations usually so its not that deep, you can watch this video to learn more https://youtu.be/Ip_GuLQErVg?si=EeCM56OSPqlIbNYF

also

Q: PA produces few anime project each year but from idea level, how long does it take for a project to create?

A: For our original shows, on average takes about three years. (by Horikawa)

https://twitter.com/PAWORKS_eng/status/1116720485113290752

so for anime adaptations that is like 2 years or even 1.5 years total
Mar 1, 9:57 AM
Dec 2020
nopanicman said:
@keinboesewicht And I'm getting sick cause of this cult-like optimism. Most of today's complainers back then believed that S2 would be sufficient enough to do justice to it's high quality and it's highly popular source material even if there is a change of studios and it's been made by a studio named JC Staff which isn't known for action animes. All the optimists got their share back then and sharpened their blades while waiting for this day to come. Let them complain. They deserve this at least.

youre not doing yourself a favor.
you should neither be optimistic nor pessimistic.
just because you got hurt when you were on one extreme you went to the other extreme
Mar 1, 10:59 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to keinboesewicht
nopanicman said:

youre not doing yourself a favor.
you should neither be optimistic nor pessimistic.
just because you got hurt when you were on one extreme you went to the other extreme
@keinboesewicht I'm neutral in this shitshow tbh. Just chilling while waiting my next webcomic chapter, not a fan of manga expansion and I literally don't give a fuck about overall anime quality neither I need it to be peak to watch and enjoy. I just observe nature and point out facts. I'm also not comparing it to the first season. I'm comparing it to the other popular works and seeing it is bad. They preserved the source of it's low performance, so it will be bad again. It is what it is and I have no problems with it.

But... for the topic of choosing a side, the people in your optimistic-pessimistic chart who are obsessively complaining about studio quality also don't need to see new stuff to solidify their argument. They have their complaining fundamentals laid by season 2 developer team. You guys on the other side are obsessively defending JC Staff, provoking the other party while dreaming of things that don't exist. It's called copium. Happened back then. Didn't end well.
Mar 1, 11:04 AM
Dec 2020
nopanicman said:
@keinboesewicht I'm neutral in this shitshow tbh. Just chilling while waiting my next webcomic chapter, not a fan of manga expansion and I literally don't give a fuck about overall anime quality neither I need it to be peak to watch and enjoy. I just observe nature and point out facts. I'm also not comparing it to the first season. I'm comparing it to the other popular works and seeing it is bad. They preserved the source of it's low performance, so it will be bad again. It is what it is and I have no problems with it.

But... for the topic of choosing a side, the people in your optimistic-pessimistic chart who are obsessively complaining about studio quality also don't need to see new stuff to solidify their argument. They have their complaining fundamentals laid by season 2 developer team. You guys on the other side are obsessively defending JC Staff, provoking the other party while dreaming of things that don't exist. It's called copium. Happened back then. Didn't end well.

you said „im neutral“ and „shitshow“in one sentence lol
im not defenfing jc staff. im actually neutral
Mar 1, 11:08 AM

Apr 2020
Nobody is asking this cause it doesn't matter.
It's guess work, at best and isn't massively important to the consumer, who:

A) Doesn't know much about Japanese Animation Studios and their business practises
and
B) Despite that kinda knows that these Teaser Trailers are made before production even starts, no matter the studio.

Also...MAPPA beeing a potential Studio for the adaptation, at the time, isn't really news. I think it's pretty well known.
Studios rejecting projects and other studios picking up said projects isn't that crazy, to be honest.
Merve2LoveMar 1, 11:13 AM
Mar 2, 4:45 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Merve2Love
Nobody is asking this cause it doesn't matter.
It's guess work, at best and isn't massively important to the consumer, who:

A) Doesn't know much about Japanese Animation Studios and their business practises
and
B) Despite that kinda knows that these Teaser Trailers are made before production even starts, no matter the studio.

Also...MAPPA beeing a potential Studio for the adaptation, at the time, isn't really news. I think it's pretty well known.
Studios rejecting projects and other studios picking up said projects isn't that crazy, to be honest.
@Merve2Love A fun tidbit is that for Season 2, Shingo Director of Season 1 was actually interested in directing the OPM S2 but he was never approached by J.C Staff.He himself said this in interview.Some People here are defending J.C Staff in order to sound different from general consensus.These people should know that we still could have got great Season 2 only if J.C Staff was not arrogant to approach Shingo.J.C staff just doesnt like to approach outsiders. So expect same trainwreck as Season 2.

More topics from this board

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

22 by JoySeeker »»
Jun 2, 4:47 AM

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

41 by Jokuc »»
May 24, 8:52 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM

» Is it Releasing this Fall, or next year winter or maybe even later and the episode number

Jatin587 - May 5

16 by DayRivia »»
May 12, 5:17 PM

» THIRD HERO VISUAL (GENOS)

OvergrownRover - May 2

20 by deg »»
May 5, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.