Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 6, 2010 4:41 AM
Aug 2009
Xavierxenon said:
ZingFreelancer said:
That was fracking gay episode!
I hate it when they brake it up right on the interesting stuff and then start a new episode with boring discussion and face 2 face stand-ofs. Just so they can end it the same way agaaaain.

Well after looking through your list I can tell from that alone your a complete moron without you even needing to write something like that.

People need to just lighten up and enjoy things for a change. I thought this was a brilliant episode and I especially loved the toads.

Agreed.

And who'd continue watching an anime if (s)he just gives it a score of 5~?

Anyway, great episode 'n quite un-naruto-like to be "smart enough" to leave his two Kage Bunshin do the Giant Rasengans~

That way of cutting off the episode at the climax is commonly used anyway: who'd want to absolutely watch the next episode if each of these had a beginning, a middle-part and an ending of the story in itself?

-Eleni
Jun 6, 2010 7:11 AM

May 2008
Too much speaking at the begining, though the frogs were epic~~
Jun 6, 2010 9:45 AM

Mar 2010
Sometimes it feels like they're trying to draw it out as much as possible. I liked seeing that everyone was okay, but waiting to see the battle was hard. I like the pocket slug with information! :)
Kakashi!!! I think Shizune's done for too! :( Maybe Kakashi's just out of chakra? I wish.
Awesome battle! I hope they keep Naruto strong like this! I also enjoyed the soundtrack to this episode it was very good! :)
Jun 6, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
shinra tensei is one hell of jutsu!

me wants more awesome fights :) .
-= Space for Rent =-
Jun 6, 2010 6:11 PM

Dec 2008
This episode was pretty awesome, epic fight!
Jun 6, 2010 9:45 PM

Aug 2009
they are unfair to the asura path, he got crushed in an instant twice already, first by choji's father then now by naruto in sage mode xD
nevertheless, EPIC episode
Jun 7, 2010 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
Eleni said:
Xavierxenon said:
ZingFreelancer said:
That was fracking gay episode!
I hate it when they brake it up right on the interesting stuff and then start a new episode with boring discussion and face 2 face stand-ofs. Just so they can end it the same way agaaaain.

Well after looking through your list I can tell from that alone your a complete moron without you even needing to write something like that.

People need to just lighten up and enjoy things for a change. I thought this was a brilliant episode and I especially loved the toads.

Agreed.

And who'd continue watching an anime if (s)he just gives it a score of 5~?

Anyway, great episode 'n quite un-naruto-like to be "smart enough" to leave his two Kage Bunshin do the Giant Rasengans~

That way of cutting off the episode at the climax is commonly used anyway: who'd want to absolutely watch the next episode if each of these had a beginning, a middle-part and an ending of the story in itself?

-Eleni

Actully most people like to finish off the series even if it's crap to complete it not everyone is the same imo
Jun 7, 2010 8:54 AM

Sep 2009
i loved pain's epic attack , but i'd like to see naruto fight rather than the toads >.>
Jun 7, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
link9us said:
Queen_Stars said:
I don't get it!!!
Why do the girls have to have the draw-backs???
They do little, get little attention, Tsunade had the blood phobia, and now, we see that she is indeed a hag???
- Jiraya and Orochimaru were her age, yet looked fine and fought great
- The 3rd was 68 at death, yet he looked fine and fought great
- Danzo is 72, yet he looks fine and is a great nin' (I'll stop there)
- Chiyo fought great, yet she was suppose to be at deaths door
Why is age an issue for Tsunade, our one and only aging lady?

The ending was funny...
Chijo's 'wind style' inhale and Naruto's 'wind style' fart (Sakura is no fun at all).:p

The writer is a man, thats why.

Not really a strong argument because if you check most stories where women kick ass the writer is still a man. Actually women usually prefer to put some sexy boys doing all the work and the girls are even more useless in there stories.
Anyway you pretty much implied like Tsunade did nothing when you where saying about how the others could fight well. So the answer is that she used a tone of chakra healing everyone so she didn't have much to fight with and she gets older because that technique makes grow older faster. Also if you look closely she didn't really looked worse that the third Hokage or Chiyo.

I have to agree that this episode ended fast. It felt like they were trying to kill time at the start. They wanted to end it with the rasen-shuriken i guess.
The things that bothers me every time with this big shounen anime
and Naruto especially is how bad the technical department is. Artwork especially reaches ridiculous levels of simplicity.

I didn't imply Tsunade did nothing.
People don't think the way I do obviously.
What I stated is; why do females have to have a draw back?..

Tsunade is ranked with her ex-team, yet she has to have the specific physical dissability of aging, plus, she had the blood phobia.
All other characters her age and over have recivede attention; survived or died, they were powerhouses with no limitations, and for the most part, they're male.

Sakura did a load of nothing, dispite wanting to so something. Eventually, she then turns to the new token female (Tsunade). Sakura is suppose to supass Tsunade, yet hasn't yet, dispite Naruto and Sasuke excelling.

I just think the ladies get quite a hard time, those that don't are minors we realy see (Temari, Konan, or the dead lady Pain and Chiyo).
By the way, the 3rd was hot (I know I'm weird to say that).;)
Gleam_QueenJun 7, 2010 3:35 PM

Jun 7, 2010 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
one hit KO from sage naruto
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 7, 2010 11:54 PM

Dec 2008
The first half was lame... Everyone miraculously unharmed. Second half... Epic!
Jun 8, 2010 6:08 AM

Jan 2009
animation is a mehhhh the animators could have put more work on this pain vs naruto episodes dont tell me they are just planning a 1 episode only that has great action like what they did with episode 85 and 143
Jun 8, 2010 3:44 PM
Jun 2010
Well First of all Tsunade is to me the gretest hokage in the series. She alone stopped almost everyone from dyng an cuired all the village simultaneously. But of course, with socienty being a bit sexist in naruto most girls are healers or support and not front liners. This is becuase of KIshimoto`s inexperience in creating female characters and his dislike for them. However he pulls some good moments with them.

Also Tsunade is already old, she uses a "Mermetic Jutsu" to look young. When she lost all her chakra she became old again but she`s still the same only her apperance changes. Pretty much like when Saske lost all his chakra an couldnt contain orochimaru anymore.

The frogs were awesome "Stay down you Mut!". That dog must be inmortal, he has been chopped, incinerated, buried and now had a giant sword through his spine.

I hope next chapter we get compulsive hd action like we had with itachi, deidara, kakuzu and kakashi.

Isnt Katsuyu cute, Aww Im growing a slug fetish.

4/5
JorgeazgadJun 8, 2010 3:54 PM
Jun 9, 2010 3:47 AM

Feb 2009
did i miss something or did they skip kakashi's fight with the robot Pain?
Jun 10, 2010 9:27 AM

Apr 2009
Rukku said:
You mean the guy whose head splits open to shoot crap. All I remember is Kakashi blowing up Pain's rocket aimed at Chouji with his Mangeko Sharigan.
Jun 10, 2010 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
madaodono said:
Rukku said:
You mean the guy whose head splits open to shoot crap. All I remember is Kakashi blowing up Pain's rocket aimed at Chouji with his Mangeko Sharigan.

The rocket shot by robot pain was his last move before he fell to the ground dead.

I loved this episode! Rasen-shuriken actually being thrown was tight...although, the preview for EP 164 spoiled that it's obviously not a game ending move. And even though the toads fighting was more epic, they're nothing compared to Naruto's one hit kill!

It did suck watching Shizune get her soul ripped out, and seeing Choji salute Kakashi's body was pretty emotional...but I'm not worried about them
Jun 14, 2010 2:41 AM

Jun 2009
Toad battles awesome!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 16, 2010 10:24 AM
Jul 2008
This will be epic!
Jun 19, 2010 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
This fight will definitely be a long one.
& Naruto's improvement is 10x better than he was before.

Jun 20, 2010 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
I like how they did a quick check on all the other characters, otherwise I would have wondered what happened to them this whole fight LOL.

Finally we get some kickass action with Naruto in Sage mode :)
Jun 21, 2010 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
Lol'd at the omake at the end... but yeah, the toads are badass. :]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 24, 2010 12:46 PM

Feb 2009
Best part were the toads owning them summons!
Jul 8, 2010 3:55 PM
Nov 2009
Naruto is really awesome at this part of the story. Naruto can now throw the Rasen Shuriken, I can't wait for the next episode!

Jul 15, 2010 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
Some badass action in this episode).
Aug 15, 2010 12:56 AM
Aug 26, 2010 9:21 PM

Mar 2010
COOOL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 21, 2011 5:34 AM

Sep 2008
... The episode felt so short. D: But it was still awesome (maybe because of the frogs, as others have pointed out). The one with two swords is particularly awesome. :D Gamabunta's great, too, of course!

I was pretty irritated when Pain regenerated the Pain that was "killed" by Kakashi though. :| And when I saw Kakashi lying there and Chouji crying over him, I was still clinging to the hope that we'd hear Kakashi telling Chouji not to cry over people who haven't died yet or something... D:
May 10, 2012 10:26 AM

May 2010
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 10, 2012 10:27 AM

May 2010
Epicness. Just like in the manga. >_<

naruto sage mode ftw!! :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jun 28, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
FUUTON: RASEN SHURIKEN !!!!!!!!!
TB-01Jun 28, 2013 5:41 PM
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Oct 26, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Naruto is so damn strong. :D
Mar 21, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, I guess Kakashi may actually be dead. I like how Naruto finding out was handled, "I see". He looks powerful now, but let's see how it goes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 31, 2014 3:58 AM

Mar 2014
WILL YOU GUYS STOP ACTING LIKE KAKASHI IS REALLY DEAD ?!? He can't be :( *cries*

Other than that, the episode was great, Naruto has become so strong. He used to be this annoying dead weight, and now look at him. I'm proud :)
Sep 1, 2014 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
NARUTO IS EPICCCCC.
Epic Fuuton: Rasen-shuriken
Nov 15, 2014 1:02 AM
May 2012
Fuck.........fuck........fuck................FUCK YEAH!!
He freaking threw his Rasenshuriken!!
The frogs are badass, too!!
Jul 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Aug 15, 2015 3:08 AM
Jul 2012
I don't get rid of the feeling that Madara controls/is Pain. At least Madara の voice was used in some sentences Pain said (Japanese audio)... But that's just an impression I had + some of my suspicoious thoughts (haven't read the manga or seen further episodes).
Nov 2, 2015 4:51 PM
Oct 2015
fuck this is gonna be an epic fight just took one down like nothing
Jun 30, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
Another good episode, this arc is probably my favorite in the series so far.
Oct 1, 2017 10:24 PM

Dec 2016
Now shit is starting to kick off lads!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 23, 2018 10:13 PM
Aug 2014
Still can't believe Naruto manages to make toads looks so cool.
Aug 24, 2019 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
Cmon Naruto you got this!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 12, 2020 4:28 AM

Mar 2019
I have no words.I just hope The Nine Tails will be unleashed now.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 11, 2021 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
at first this episode going to be all aftermath of the destroying jutsu, but then came the start of the fight.

finally next episode we get to see what narutp had been working on.
Sep 15, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Naruto got the drip with the new Sage mode. He looks mighty fine.

He's holding off well against the Pain's.

That madlad finally understood that the Shuriken in Rasen-shuriken has a certain purpose.

Oct 10, 2022 2:32 PM
Apr 2022
niwunfiundsjncsmndkvjsndkvjnsdkjvnskjdnvknnk
Jan 8, 2023 1:29 PM
Oct 2021
Im just amazed by everything thats been happening.
Jan 1, 11:23 PM
Nov 2023
Excellent entry and the fighting arc is very good
Apr 8, 2:56 AM

Jun 2017
Tsunade's original old look seems a bit too much. She was about the same age as Jiraiya, right? But her wrinkles were extreme! She could be Jiraiya's aunt.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
Yesterday, 12:29 PM

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

71 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 17, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

81 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 14, 12:56 PM

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

45 by DollarstoreYuji »»
May 13, 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.