Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 9, 7:29 AM

Aug 2020
After 105 hours I completed the visual novel and I must say, I think it was so amazing there’s certain things that I liked better in the visual novel like getting to know the side characters unlike the anime, where we kind of know them but don’t know them entirely as a character. Idk how you guys would rate them but imo clannad visual novel > clannad anime and clannad after story anime > clannad after story visual novel. Lmk what u guys think.
Jan 9, 7:44 AM

Jul 2015
It is nearly impossible to make a good adaptation of Visual Novel due to all the required routes, side stories and other important thing, while remaining true to the source material. Clannad is one of the very few adaptations that actually managed to do the impossible.

Jan 9, 7:15 PM
Jun 2015
Piromysl said:
It is nearly impossible to make a good adaptation of Visual Novel due to all the required routes, side stories and other important thing, while remaining true to the source material. Clannad is one of the very few adaptations that actually managed to do the impossible.

Even then they didn't get it ALL, but they did a damn good job of working with the time they had.
Jan 9, 9:45 PM

Mar 2013
For your title's question: it's up to you if you have a lot of time to play the VN, it should also help the creators "if you buy it" but if you don't have time, then anime it is.

but you already played the game so, I'd suggest watching it instead of asking.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Apr 2018
personally i don't like rating visual novels and their adaptations against eachother. visual novels always have alot of content that wouldn't be possible to translate into an adaptation. i agree that the visual novel always has things it does better, as for Clannad specifically i found character development went crazy in the visual novel, but thats really more a strength of the medium and not reslly a fair comparison.

for context i read the clannad visual novel back in 2007 just before the anime came out.
Jan 11, 4:27 PM

Aug 2020
astralkill00 said:
For your title's question: it's up to you if you have a lot of time to play the VN, it should also help the creators "if you buy it" but if you don't have time, then anime it is.

but you already played the game so, I'd suggest watching it instead of asking.

Nah I just want to know ppl’s opinion on that anime adaptation for both parts of the visual novel (clannad and after story) and if y’all have the same opinion as I do. I already completed the visual novel and anime and I’m not really complaining or anything like that if anything I like the anime (both parts) but there are parts where the visual novel did better than the anime and vice versa.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.