Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you expect a third season?
Jan 3, 5:14 PM
Mar 2016
Are you expecting Girlfriend, Girlfriend to get a third season?
Jan 3, 5:24 PM
May 2023
Yes. I need it. I want it. I desire it
Jan 3, 5:31 PM

Sep 2022
Probably, the manga is finished and the anime is 2/3 of the way through its adaptation, which means that season 3 would be the last so at this point why not finish it?

Jan 3, 6:48 PM
Dec 2022
man, I doubt it. just go read the manga. the ending was pretty decent.
Jan 3, 8:11 PM
Dec 2021
DUH, I mean what else?
Jan 3, 9:44 PM
Sep 2021
Kast2 said:
Probably, the manga is finished and the anime is 2/3 of the way through its adaptation, which means that season 3 would be the last so at this point why not finish it?

I wish that would have worked for bloom into you.
Jan 4, 12:28 AM
Nov 2020
Lost_Hearts said:

yep i hope, i have expectation for this anime to be good
Jan 4, 12:29 AM
Nov 2020
Kast2 said:

maybe yes maybe no?
Jan 4, 1:35 AM

Sep 2018
Sadly no. Anime adaptations are made to promote the source material and the manga is already over. Exceptions can be made for very popular stuff or passion projects, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Then why did s2 come out if the manga finished in May? When a second season comes fairly close to the first (within 1-2 years), it's because both s1 and s2 were planned from the start. s3 isn't even planned at the moment, otherwise they'd have announced it at the end of s2.

The good thing is that the manga is quite enjoyable so I recommend it. Comedy usually works better in anime than manga, but in this case (probably because the anime doesn't have particularly outstanding production value) I didn't feel this issue at all; I might even have enjoyed the manga a bit more.
Jan 4, 1:50 AM

Jan 2023
I think there is a decent chance, hopefully, as a third season would conclude the story :)
MeguSae38Jan 4, 7:16 AM
Jan 4, 7:05 AM
May 2023
Nirinbo said:
Sadly no. Anime adaptations are made to promote the source material and the manga is already over. Exceptions can be made for very popular stuff or passion projects, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Then why did s2 come out if the manga finished in May? When a second season comes fairly close to the first (within 1-2 years), it's because both s1 and s2 were planned from the start. s3 isn't even planned at the moment, otherwise they'd have announced it at the end of s2.

The good thing is that the manga is quite enjoyable so I recommend it. Comedy usually works better in anime than manga, but in this case (probably because the anime doesn't have particularly outstanding production value) I didn't feel this issue at all; I might even have enjoyed the manga a bit more.

Do you know if the manga for girlfriend, girlfriend is doing well?
Jan 4, 7:47 AM
Aug 2021
CARZOOt said:
Nirinbo said:

it is finished. the ending was pretty good. You may want to read it instead of waiting and hoping for a season 3.
Jan 4, 8:23 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Nirinbo said:

@CARZOOt it doesn't look like the anime provided a significant boost to the manga sales...
Jan 4, 3:26 PM
Jul 2021
I kinda doubt , the manga is already finished so they have no real obligations to do it , plus the anime/manga isn't super popular , so the chances of having a s3 would be if the anime boosted the sales of the manga or they really care for the anime only or they re completionist
Jan 5, 3:43 AM
Jan 2023
Lost_Hearts said:

after seeing my girl shino radically change I need to see more of her in all of her tenure and echiness helping build the harem, makes me think of the great momo, only thing left is rika realizing she needs to be friend of the girls and there is that.
Jan 12, 9:02 PM
Mar 2016
Hi everyone, Ask yourself this question if you expecting a season 3.
- Is this season make enough money to compensation the studio those involvement in the project?
- Do they have enough source material for a sequel? ( But I read the comment saying Manga is finished so ignore this question)
- Is this anime popular enough for a sequel? (Include popularity in Japan and outside Japan)
Jan 15, 6:40 PM
Jun 2022
KinjiKido said:
Hi everyone, Ask yourself this question if you expecting a season 3.
- Is this season make enough money to compensation the studio those involvement in the project?
- Do they have enough source material for a sequel? ( But I read the comment saying Manga is finished so ignore this question)
- Is this anime popular enough for a sequel? (Include popularity in Japan and outside Japan)

- no clue
- I checked and yes, there are enough unadapted chapters for a decent third season
- also no clue
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Jul 2019
PEAK, PEAK NEEDS A SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE NEED THIS ADAPTED TO THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 10:02 AM

Apr 2013
No, I think it was already unexpected to get a 2nd season, a 3rd would be a miracle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Horn_dawg_2019 - Oct 8, 2023

36 by Gator »»
May 16, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

76 by Gator »»
May 16, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

41 by Gator »»
May 16, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

66 by Gator »»
May 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

34 by Gator »»
May 15, 9:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.