Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 21, 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
I love this show so much. So so much.

The level Manaria has to go to for Rae and Claire to get together for real is insane. Best wingwomen. Now I understand why everyone was so hyped for "best girl Manaria".

Manaria x Rae x Claire would have made for an interesting love triangle going forward.
In a way my wish for Rae to have someone love her instead of claire got fulfilled, but damn girl you could have hurt her a lot less Manaria.
Its almost a shame we did not get to see an arc like that, because if it happened after this I wouldnt like it either.

My only complaint about the story would be how sudden this feels, but after everything Manaria did its not like it came out of nowhere either. I guess my real issue with it is that we wont see more of Rae gaining Claires love while Claire struggles to accept her own feelings. They have reached "the end" after all, even though there is quite a bit of the story left.

For a show which openly talked about the issue of loving someone with a non matching sexuality Claire just loving Rae back almost feels too easy, maybe they get into this a bit more later in the story.

I really dont know how to go forward without new episodes for this anime. I did not expect to fall in love with this show like I did..

I said "I will read the LN" before, I even did read some volumes of stuff like Overlord or Re Zero years ago, but this is the first time I will actually go ahead and buy the LN to read the rest of their story. I did not see that coming. I guess only having 5 volumes instead of 20 helps.

10/10. Too cute. Animation was good enough to be enjoyable and it was consistent, which matters the most IMO. Artstyle was good too. And oh boy that OP and ED. I am addicted.

PS: Almost forgot about the bad end for Claire in the foreshadowing, she is the "villain" in the setting but what has she done to deserve that? Especially when the main romance was either of the princes, so commoners overthrowing nobility/royality was not the plot I assume. Why do I even care? Its just how dedicated I am to the plot now.
Comander-07Mar 21, 3:05 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 21, 2:42 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@GooseBolt First of all Manaria's been pretty specifically interested in Rei since her first appearance. She explicitly includes Rei in conversations despite Claire's protests and only really starts being explicitly antagonistic towards Rei (at least in Rei's perspective) after she says she's content with Claire not returning her feelings. Until then, Manaria goes out of her way to talk to Rae and in both the sub and the dub is not subtle about trying to seduce her with her tone of voice

Secondly, Manaria at the end of the day still wants to have Rei for herself which is why she gets the Floss Flower. Her actions contradict each other and she is hypocritical as a result. She tells Rei that unrequited love will always break but lets her love of Rei remain unrequited. She becomes furious at Rei for giving Claire up so easily. She expects Rei to not take a duel over Claire seriously because Rei said that she dislikes the similar ideas in Posie Amour. She tries to get Rae and Claire to interact more but Rae is stubborn and hates Manaria too much to notice. I'm rambling and idk how to say my thoughts exactly so sorry, but I don't really think Rae as she was would've actively pursued Claire without being shown that she either has to act or even can act and Manaria gets her to do both. Like...this is the first time in the entire series that Rae doesn't pass off her flirting and pursuit of Claire as a joke which is why their relationship fails to progress until Manaria shakes things up.

You can find the LN via seven seas, I'm not about to advocate for piracy of a series that I both love and know the author of personally. She's an amazing person and you should support her.
@KlldbyCuriosity very well written response, thank you for this! Reading all these "manaria sucks" comments by people who clearly paid no attention to the story was infuriating

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by you know the author personally? Thats pretty cool!
Mar 21, 2:45 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to Comander-07
@KlldbyCuriosity very well written response, thank you for this! Reading all these "manaria sucks" comments by people who clearly paid no attention to the story was infuriating

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by you know the author personally? Thats pretty cool!
@Comander-07 I mean I talk to her from time to time on social media which I will not disclose for her privacy

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Mar 21, 3:06 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@Comander-07 I mean I talk to her from time to time on social media which I will not disclose for her privacy
@KlldbyCuriosity Still pretty cool, I have been so out of social media I did not even consider that a possibility lol
Mar 22, 2:47 PM
Jan 2024
gave me depression 10/10
Apr 23, 12:02 AM
Aug 2015
I hope they do release a second season eventually!
I want to see them spend more time together with the support of their friends!
May 1, 12:35 AM

Dec 2020
Happy results happy ending.
Started off strong for me then sorta stagnated but still good overall.

When manaria said their situations were the same like naw not even. She create a situation from the result of her class difference power move sexual assault in which when she didn't get the results she wanted so she sulked. Nooooot even close to being the same
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

142 by foofighterz »»
May 20, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

68 by Baskarite »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

69 by keynutil »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 30, 2023

67 by AngelTomori »»
Mar 24, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.