Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 18, 2023 12:30 AM
Dec 2021
Shenhe said:
@Confused_100 Elaborate on that for me will you?

Ryu Nakayama is working with PSD Delivery, a new studio that has worked on a few shows. If you want a source, just check out his and PSD Delivery's Twitter pages. Ryu Nakayama probably wasn't fired it was most likely a mutual parting of ways since both parties are better off separating at this point. Nakayama wanted to create and work in a better animator environment, something that MAPPA just will not do for the foreseeable future, unfortunately. MAPPA wanted a new director who could create a style that more Japanese fans liked. The situation is more nuanced than what you or @Confused_100 are saying as are most things in life. Realistically, there were people who loved CSM in Japan and people who hated it as well, just like everywhere else.
Dec 18, 2023 1:15 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to ImJustBetter2435
Shenhe said:

Ryu Nakayama is working with PSD Delivery, a new studio that has worked on a few shows. If you want a source, just check out his and PSD Delivery's Twitter pages. Ryu Nakayama probably wasn't fired it was most likely a mutual parting of ways since both parties are better off separating at this point. Nakayama wanted to create and work in a better animator environment, something that MAPPA just will not do for the foreseeable future, unfortunately. MAPPA wanted a new director who could create a style that more Japanese fans liked. The situation is more nuanced than what you or @Confused_100 are saying as are most things in life. Realistically, there were people who loved CSM in Japan and people who hated it as well, just like everywhere else.
@ImJustBetter2435 I'm with you on the nuance take I personally look into these things pretty deep but the difference is that I don't spout my ideas as evidence like what has been trending lately. To be clear that's my main take. Simply not enough actual information.
Dec 18, 2023 5:11 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to KenVaibhav
Yeah, Some people were complaining about the cinematic-like art style for Chainsaw Man.

The director is probably changed.
@KenVaibhav No, the director is DEFINITELY changed. The dude who did the 1st season has left MAPAA.
Dec 18, 2023 8:33 AM
Feb 2023
ImJustBetter2435 said:
Shenhe said:

Okay… Did I say it was because of Japan hating the direction? No. But btw most Japan hated it, that’s why it didn’t sell well in blu ray and why the ratings fell in Japan especially. So there’s proof that majority in Japan didn’t like the direction and the tone of the anime. Something hopefully will get rectified. Now for him leaving because of how bad working in Mappa is. I actually believe that as there are multiple reports since JJK that Mappa will be affected greatly because of their bad environment. Which isn’t surprising.
Jan 7, 9:26 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Adnash
@Shenhe Misinformation about many Japanese fans being angry about the director that could possibly lead to changing him, if his approach resulted in making a show less successful (even if still successful) than it could've been? Interesting. That was just a logical assumption - logical from the business' point of view and with including standards in the Japanese animation industry. I see no reason to treat it as misinformation, especially when I said "looks like" (suggestion) and added "given the backlash" (fact) later on.

What more revelations you have to offer, aside from corny memes and weird accusations? ;p
@Adnash you're embarrassing yourself, you're believing whatever gossip that's floating in the garbage community in "X". Ryu Nakayama wasn't fired, why would Manabu fire him when he himself recommend him to to direct S1 while Seshimo wanted Tatsuya Yoshihara to direct? Huh? Doesn't make sense? The adaptation was massive financial success. The CEO was disappointed that it didn't become the phenomenon that JJK or Demon Slayer were. How could CSM not be the most money they made when they funded it 100% by themselves. Take JJK of example, 23000(only Oricon and Amazon numbers) bluerays were sold for vol-1, now 90% of the money will go to Toho, ShueshaShuesha and MBS, while Mappa gets pennies. On the other hand Oricon sold 4000 bluerays of vol1 of CSM, all the money directlt go to Mappa, not to mention they sold millions of goodies in their own online store. Af for why Nakayama left, probably because he wasn't confident enough to lead the project again because of the pressure he was carrying, trying to outdo his buddy Tatsuya Yoshihara ( who I think is the next director). Mappa even had a animator training program with Nakayama, where talent like Shouichi, 10+10, Lighton, Riku, Idue were born. Whey tf would they want to fire him then?
Jan 7, 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
@Adnash you're embarrassing yourself, you're believing whatever gossip that's floating in the garbage community in "X". Ryu Nakayama wasn't fired, why would Manabu fire him when he himself recommend him to to direct S1 while Seshimo wanted Tatsuya Yoshihara to direct? Huh? Doesn't make sense? The adaptation was massive financial success. The CEO was disappointed that it didn't become the phenomenon that JJK or Demon Slayer were. How could CSM not be the most money they made when they funded it 100% by themselves. Take JJK of example, 23000(only Oricon and Amazon numbers) bluerays were sold for vol-1, now 90% of the money will go to Toho, ShueshaShuesha and MBS, while Mappa gets pennies. On the other hand Oricon sold 4000 bluerays of vol1 of CSM, all the money directlt go to Mappa, not to mention they sold millions of goodies in their own online store. Af for why Nakayama left, probably because he wasn't confident enough to lead the project again because of the pressure he was carrying, trying to outdo his buddy Tatsuya Yoshihara ( who I think is the next director). Mappa even had a animator training program with Nakayama, where talent like Shouichi, 10+10, Lighton, Riku, Idue were born. Whey tf would they want to fire him then?
@Anime_Skaddiel You've just casually ignored everything I wrote in this subject, pretended I said something as a fact (while I did not), only to proceed to shovel your own point of view and build up the whole narration around it. And you are telling me that I'm embarassing myself? Weird.

Let me rephrase it to you and others in perhaps the simplest way possible: I do not know the details. I am not sure what exactly happened in that situation with the CSM anime's director. I neither care that much nor are interested in it a lot, only reading news on the matter from time to time and commenting what I've read. I'm not an obsessed fan analyzing every bit of public information about MAPPA only to seethe about it with randoms on the Internet. I only casually speculate just like many other folks, but funnily enough I see my posts generating so childish reactions that it's partially funny, and partially worrysome, given how poor reading comprehension of some people posting in this thread seems to be.

I appreciate the information you've shared, of course. I read about most of things mentioned in your post, but about some I did not. Sadly, I don't browse the website you mentioned earlier ("X", formerly Twitter), so surely there are some things I must've omitted (both actual facts, casual speculations, but also gossips, even coming from those weird MAPPA haters who need to yell about anything, everything and anyone related to MAPPA when there's an occassion).

Your post of course goes in favor of the concept of Ryu Nakayama not being fired, and I agree with it. A company deciding to not continue working with someone is not equal to firing this person and breaking the contract.

We just came to the same conclusion from different roads, yet met at the same place, it seems. I saw it from the perspective of a corporation not wanting to continue working with someone, because of reasons I mentioned earlier. It wouldn't be anything new in the world of corporations. Even successful people might not hear about continuing the coopeartion, because of various reasons known to corporation's higher-ups. Was the CEO of MAPPA's words of disappointment crucial to it in Ryu Nakayama's case? I don't know, how would I know, lol. But knowing how corporations operate, I can see it being the reason. CSM was a financial success and the anime became a viral, but so what? It wouldn't be the first or the last example of someone leading a successful project who was not offered working further under certain company's banner.
You, on the other hand, support the idea of Ryu Nakayama just quitting himself, because there weren't enough, or at all, huge reasons to stop working with him. I see it differently, but I respect your point of view. Like I said, we came to a similar conclusion, so no need to argue about whose speculations, aka subjective view on a situation with basing one's knowledge on publicly available information, is "better" than the other.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation and have a nice day.
Jan 10, 5:12 AM
Jul 2021
Adnash said:
@Anime_Skaddiel You've just casually ignored everything I wrote in this subject, pretended I said something as a fact (while I did not), only to proceed to shovel your own point of view and build up the whole narration around it. And you are telling me that I'm embarassing myself? Weird.

Let me rephrase it to you and others in perhaps the simplest way possible: I do not know the details. I am not sure what exactly happened in that situation with the CSM anime's director. I neither care that much nor are interested in it a lot, only reading news on the matter from time to time and commenting what I've read. I'm not an obsessed fan analyzing every bit of public information about MAPPA only to seethe about it with randoms on the Internet. I only casually speculate just like many other folks, but funnily enough I see my posts generating so childish reactions that it's partially funny, and partially worrysome, given how poor reading comprehension of some people posting in this thread seems to be.

I appreciate the information you've shared, of course. I read about most of things mentioned in your post, but about some I did not. Sadly, I don't browse the website you mentioned earlier ("X", formerly Twitter), so surely there are some things I must've omitted (both actual facts, casual speculations, but also gossips, even coming from those weird MAPPA haters who need to yell about anything, everything and anyone related to MAPPA when there's an occassion).

Your post of course goes in favor of the concept of Ryu Nakayama not being fired, and I agree with it. A company deciding to not continue working with someone is not equal to firing this person and breaking the contract.

We just came to the same conclusion from different roads, yet met at the same place, it seems. I saw it from the perspective of a corporation not wanting to continue working with someone, because of reasons I mentioned earlier. It wouldn't be anything new in the world of corporations. Even successful people might not hear about continuing the coopeartion, because of various reasons known to corporation's higher-ups. Was the CEO of MAPPA's words of disappointment crucial to it in Ryu Nakayama's case? I don't know, how would I know, lol. But knowing how corporations operate, I can see it being the reason. CSM was a financial success and the anime became a viral, but so what? It wouldn't be the first or the last example of someone leading a successful project who was not offered working further under certain company's banner.
You, on the other hand, support the idea of Ryu Nakayama just quitting himself, because there weren't enough, or at all, huge reasons to stop working with him. I see it differently, but I respect your point of view. Like I said, we came to a similar conclusion, so no need to argue about whose speculations, aka subjective view on a situation with basing one's knowledge on publicly available information, is "better" than the other.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation and have a nice day.

Bruh💀, I apologize for that. That day I had a nice party in my office, I was quite drunk, I saw a few notifications pop on my phone and rambled on and on. I probably didn't even read most of it. I was quite pissed reading the remarks on twitter about CSM being a "flop" or "fail".I vented all that here. I'm genuinely sorry dude😅
Jan 22, 9:33 PM
Dec 2022
Nah japanese otaku community just hate the 3D animation tho. I sill can let that pass. They do not know how hard it is to draw chainsaw man in 2D bruh.
The most signifant part I loved about Chainsaw man ss1 is its cinematography. I feel bad that they couldn`t enjoy the show while I could. Lol
Im a huge fan of Tatsuki Fujimoto and I have read all of his mangas, except this Fire Punch one. I dont know why, cause my fr recommended me not to read this manga cause its too pervert and sexual violence???. I really need some review from yall about this one. Cause it wouldn`t be fair to ignore one of Tatsuki's works.
Apr 9, 10:05 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to DatajI
Nah japanese otaku community just hate the 3D animation tho. I sill can let that pass. They do not know how hard it is to draw chainsaw man in 2D bruh.
The most signifant part I loved about Chainsaw man ss1 is its cinematography. I feel bad that they couldn`t enjoy the show while I could. Lol
@DatajI And a director got fired because of this show and the Bluray sales sucked... so that means the show was very disappointing in many ways
Apr 10, 9:01 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Leon888
@DatajI And a director got fired because of this show and the Bluray sales sucked... so that means the show was very disappointing in many ways
@Leon888 There's no confirmation on anything about Nakayama being outrighted "fired", just shit people spread around with no source.

And Manabu Otsuka did consider the anime a success overall.
Apr 13, 1:14 AM
Jan 2018
I can see the art style changing but I don’t think the cinematic feel will change given it’s a movie it will probably lean more into it.
Apr 17, 1:45 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Oongbuh
@Leon888 There's no confirmation on anything about Nakayama being outrighted "fired", just shit people spread around with no source.

And Manabu Otsuka did consider the anime a success overall.
@Oongbuh Such a huge success that in Japan they hated it and Mappa complained strongly about the poor Bluray sales... lol
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Leon888
@Oongbuh Such a huge success that in Japan they hated it and Mappa complained strongly about the poor Bluray sales... lol
@Leon888 "Complained strongly about the poor Blu-ray sales", now you're just saying shit out of your ass. The most Otsuka said is being disappointed that it didn't reach JJK's numbers, but again, he explicitly mentioned that he considered it a success in general. Never "complained strongly".
May 4, 10:11 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Catalano
I hope they change nakayama, he simply is a bad director, he should retire and go sell potatoes. No, at second thought, selling potatoes is hard work, him selling it would be an insult to actual hard working potato sellers, nakayama should just become a NEET and leave us alone. Fuck him
@Catalano you don't know what you are talking about
May 8, 1:03 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to Adnash
Looks like, given the drama stirred mostly by otaku in Japan, the director will be changed. How about the rest of the crew? Time will tell, but I can imagine people who shared the first season's director's vision on adapting CSM in animated format getting fired.
@Adnash it's also possible that he left because Mappa is a horrible company that's collapsing in on itself and bleeds staff like no tomorrow
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New Trailer when?

KanjiWrld - Apr 13

4 by JesseBoi »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

» Rezebros our time has come

mahrjose - Dec 20, 2023

18 by Dragevard »»
May 9, 12:40 PM

» Expecting less and enjoying the chainsaw man movie is the best way not to feel disappointed.

DatajI - Jan 30

48 by Leon888 »»
Apr 9, 9:56 PM

» Possible Director/Directors predictions

XINE0717 - Mar 5

11 by HunterZ_PT »»
Apr 8, 1:13 PM

» Expected release date ?

Animeboy153 - Feb 13

25 by Sammstar »»
Mar 11, 8:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.