Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2023 2:54 AM
Jun 2021
I need a little help about the correct watching order of this series.
It's first time I am watching this and I am confuse about it, getting many different results from everywhere.
So please help and tell me from which one I should start so that I'll understand the whole series.
Dec 15, 2023 3:08 AM
Apr 2023
Satou__kazuma said:
It's first time I am watching this and I am confuse about it, getting many different results from everywhere.
So please help and tell me from which one I should start so that I'll understand the whole series.

Contact me on Discord Mitaki#5131 and I'll show you the complete watch order. It's such a hassle to type here, if you don't want to just go with this. Fate/Zero> Fate/ Stay Night: Unlimited BladeWorks> Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel 1-3. If you want to play the visual novel which I heavily recommend you should do that before watching Fate/Zero. But you could just watch and then play the visual novel if you get invested
Dec 15, 2023 3:09 AM

Jan 2017
Satou__kazuma said:

Here , there is everything :

"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 15, 2023 3:20 AM
Nov 2021
how do I turn off notifications for this particular anime thread? I am tired of seeing the same topic 50 times per weeks
Dec 15, 2023 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Alexioos95
Satou__kazuma said:

Alexioos95 said:
Fate/Stay Night 2006's visuals are outdated (especially when compared to Ufotable's), and if you don't understand Shirô, he can be extremely annoying...
Most people suggest to skip it

The visuals are fine for the most part excluding some rough parts towards the end. This adaptation's biggest issue is how it incorporates a few small but important revelations from the other two routes.
ToufiqHassan said:
how do I turn off notifications for this particular anime thread? I am tired of seeing the same topic 50 times per weeks

This topic really needs a sticky if there's not one yet.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 15, 2023 3:50 AM

Jan 2017
Theo1899 said:
The visuals are fine for the most part excluding some rough parts towards the end. This adaptation's biggest issue is how it incorporates a few small but important revelations from the other two routes.

People can't bear the style of the 2000s , especially when they know Ufotable , nowadays...
As for the revelations , most are "only" strongly hinted. The only one who's really spoiled is the one from Episode 18 , and a lot of people find it forgettable there. Edit : Well , there is also the one of Episode 17 , which can makes it redundant in UBW , but it's fine.

Theo1899 said:

There was one in the UBW TV before. It used the Reddit guide , but it seems to have been removed.
Pretty sure it was that one : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059&show=0
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 15, 2023 4:37 AM

Mar 2020
play the Fate/Stey Night visual novel or watch the adaptations of it (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel). I'd recommend the VN over the anime, but I recognise not everyone has the time for it. After that play Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and read/watch Fate/Zero (either order is really fine here) and that'll be it for the "main" story. From there there are various standalone or connected spin-offs that you can either watch in any order or in the order of that specific spin-off series.

Dec 15, 2023 4:53 AM

Mar 2020
Theo1899 said:
Alexioos95 said:
Fate/Stay Night 2006's visuals are outdated (especially when compared to Ufotable's), and if you don't understand Shirô, he can be extremely annoying...
Most people suggest to skip it

ToufiqHassan said:

I'm not sure a sticky would help at this point. Not only would MAL listing any order piss off those who believe in another, but I think popular conception of Fate as "insanely complicated" and "impossible to get into" because of people like Gigguk would lead people to still ask anyway. I mean, look at the subreddit, they have a watch order stickied but still get questions about it

Dec 15, 2023 5:12 AM
Nov 2019
Strongly recommend watching the old Stay Night before UBW because most people couldn’t bear the artstyle of the old one made by Studio Deen once they checkout ufotable’s animations.
Also, for not getting spoilers by other routes, sn -> ubw -> hf, since the later ones expose more secrets of the war.
Dec 15, 2023 5:47 AM
Jun 2021
thank you for your help.
Dec 15, 2023 10:51 AM
Feb 2022
Fate stay night - 2006 , Studio Deen
-Don't ignore this one just because of the superior later versions. Yes it is not as good as the other versions. But, it is not bad in any way. In fact this version correctly captures the atmosphere the settings and the mysterious vibe of the show better than the other versions. It is a nice introduction to the fate franchise and the characters. It's just that ufotable's budget for fate adaptations is really high.

Fate stay night - unlimited blade works , Ufotable

Fate stay night Heavens Feel movies, Ufoltable

Fate Zero , Ufotable

Case files of Lord El-meloi
Dec 15, 2023 10:59 AM
Feb 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Satou__kazuma said:

This is a great detailed answer buddy. You truly are a fate fan. Or maybe a fan of Nasu's work
Dec 15, 2023 12:22 PM
Jun 2019
People are always giving complicated answers so I'll give a very simple one. Watch the 3 fate/stay nights, fate/zero, and lord El Melloi case files after that you can watch whatever you want. Fate is not like Monogatari series where everything is connected Fate is a multiverse with different timelines.
Vic_M_C_2001Dec 15, 2023 12:30 PM
Dec 16, 2023 1:17 PM
Jul 2020
I think the perfect watch order is by release date. And it is recommended to watch the 2006 ver first. I'm trying to watch the full franchise like this. I also found a similar recommendation from Gamerant. But 2010 Carnival Phantasm made me watch more than just Fate/ series. I watched Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai. Then by reaching 2010, now I can watch Carnival Phantasm without Any problem. Right next I'm thinking of skipping Prisma Ilya as I'm not a big fan of "Mahou Shoujo". haha. Someone please tell me some good aspects of Prisma Ilya or I'll be as good as skipping it.
Dec 17, 2023 12:08 AM

Jan 2017
Rin-909 said:
Someone please tell me some good aspects of Prisma Ilya or I'll be as good as skipping it.

The beginning is a fun little Mahou Shoujo Parody of Fate.
But as we go further , Yuri Loli fan-service kicks in. Then epic fights and tragic stories in the line of Heaven's Feel comes too.

Aside from Illya's screentime , i can't think anything it does better than the rest of the franchise tho.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 19, 2023 12:01 AM
Oct 2020
My personal watch order is:

(Prequel)

Fate Zero (2 Seasons)

(Stay Night Trilogy)

Fate Stay Night (2006) (1 Season, 24 episodes)

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (2 Seasons)

Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel (3 movies)

I’ve not watch all of fate but this is how I originally watch my first few series’s, but I’ve heard Apocrapha is best to watch after my list
Okami Yurei

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.