Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 16, 2023 10:41 AM
Jun 2011
ShiIeoki said:
If 12 million+ is the diameter, then the petrification device should be in the center of the earth for it to turn everyone in the entire Earth to stone...

Was thinking about that too. It might even reach the moon if the center is on earth's surface.
sekinchanDec 16, 2023 10:45 AM
Dec 16, 2023 3:34 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Forget circumnavigating the world to find Why Man, he isn't even there. Honestly, it's to be expected when you have the voice firing off commands to stone the entirety of the Earth. Don't think they would want to be stoned themselves, so space is the only real alternative. And I suppose if you have one person on the Earth holding a petrification device right next to a speaker the Earth gets swallowed up, maybe?

Don't know how plausible it is to have the crew primed for space travel though. Astronauts go through training to deal with forces outside of Earth, and I don't like the thought of sending Magma to space after the gun episode.

Like that they revived the girl Ibara messed with, beautiful and strong like Kohaku. Let Ibara remain stoned forever.
Dec 17, 2023 6:57 AM
Apr 2023
رائعة جدا
Dec 18, 2023 7:25 PM
May 2019
Reply to Twintail_Daemon
Forget circumnavigating the world to find Why Man, he isn't even there. Honestly, it's to be expected when you have the voice firing off commands to stone the entirety of the Earth. Don't think they would want to be stoned themselves, so space is the only real alternative. And I suppose if you have one person on the Earth holding a petrification device right next to a speaker the Earth gets swallowed up, maybe?

Don't know how plausible it is to have the crew primed for space travel though. Astronauts go through training to deal with forces outside of Earth, and I don't like the thought of sending Magma to space after the gun episode.

Like that they revived the girl Ibara messed with, beautiful and strong like Kohaku. Let Ibara remain stoned forever.
@Twintail_Daemon
Don't think they would want to be stoned themselves

This is just my speculation, IDK if spoiler or not, but it's possible that Why-Man isn't actually an evil entity. Perhaps he(or maybe they) were trying to cure people including themselves but something went wrong, and they got stuck at the petrification phase? We'll eventually find out, or maybe it's already been revealed in the manga, IDK...
Dec 22, 2023 10:46 AM
Apr 2021
Everyone saying how the Senku x Kohaku ship has sailed when that ship hasn’t even left the dock in the manga I wish it did tho😭😭😭
Dec 24, 2023 12:51 PM

May 2015
WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT????????? MOON ARC?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2023 5:13 PM
Feb 2020
scientist of the week: senku

here are my thoughts from during the episode:

senku is all alone now i dont know what will happen next
he has to revive everyone and then i guess they will get the ship ready to head home unless something insane happens
i guess once they get home they will use the mesuda to heal tsukasa
i wonder if theres anyone who wont be revived
like ibara, moz, or hyoga

chrome is the first one senku revives, he probably should revive yuzuriha too so she can help put ryusui back together, also the episode thumbnail spoiled ukyo being revived

senku is back where he was before taiju revived all the way at the beginning
hes hungry and doesnt have much time to work because he has to survive

senku revived amarillys to help them find food but now all that food is very heavy to carry so they will need a member of the power team

but the food isnt good enough so he revived francois to cook something good

why did ruri truly call? did something happen on the main land? is that why this is the only time theyve been shown?

why did taiju not know senku got married and divorced but francios did?

it looks like mostly everyone is revived now but for some reason nikki looks very different from usual, whats up with her face?

yo and kirisame are still petrified under the ship

they revived kirisame so they could revive ginro and kohaku

kohaku hugging senku was in the opening

THIS IS SO COOL OARASHI VS MAGMA ARM WRESTLING!!!1

i completely forgot kokuyo was on the ship, why did he stay petrified for so long?

WHAT IS THIS SIGNAL? IT SOUNDS LIKE A HUMAN VOICE! IS SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE?

HOLY CRAP SOMEONE IS TRYING TO ACTIVATE THE MEDUSA
WHAT IS GOING ON?
THEY ARE SO LUCKY THE MEDUSA WASNT CLOSER TO THE SPEAKER OR THE WHY MAN WOULD HAVE WON
HIS POSITION IS CLEAR

THE VOICE OF THE WHY MAN IS SENKUS VOICE
WHAT IS THIS?

the why man is either not human or not on earth if hes trying to petrify the entire planet

why is there an artificial senku voice? whats even the purpose of such a thing!

finally someone is asking the serious question
why is the medusa on this island?
did one of the astronauts do the petrification? these are their decendants after all

soyuz remembers something about the shape of the medusa. what is this? is it valuable?

again nikkis face is all messed up who animated this?

who is this new guy they revived? he looks quite different from when he was a statue

OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO COOL
HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE
ITS RAINING MEDUSAS?

THE ORIGINAL MEDUSA MUST HAVE BEEN ON A SATLLITE AND NOW AFTER MANY YEARS ITS CRASHED DOWN ONTO EARTH AND BROKE APART AND ACTIVATED

i cant remember if it was a theory from matpat or a spoiler from somewhere else but i did hear that the why man was on the moon a long time ago

WAIT... IS SENKU GOING TO GO TO SPACE
Dec 27, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2022
"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

This story makes you appreciate the technological achievements of mankind. It only makes sense that the final goal would be to recreate what's considered our greatest achievement: going to the Moon! I just love how Senku says it so casually, as if building a space rocket is anywhere near as "easy" as building a ship. 😂

We really went from the Stone Age to the Space Age, so to speak, and I love it! And the revelation about the voices being actually synthesized Senku's... does that mean Robo-Senku is the real villain? 😂
Jan 5, 4:21 PM

Jan 2021
Was hoping for a better Kohaku reunion, but it was still nice. Also, Kirisame is so cute.

Feb 29, 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to ShiIeoki
If 12 million+ is the diameter, then the petrification device should be in the center of the earth for it to turn everyone in the entire Earth to stone...

No. You need to specify radius of the effect to use the device. Why-man said the diameter of the earth so the petrification blast would cover the entire planet if the device would be anywhere on the surface.
Mar 12, 11:43 PM
Dec 2022
Revive plan lmao
beloved Ginro and Kohaku are back
epic party

a human voice on the transmission this time Why-man knows they have the device now EVIL SENKU? DARK AND TWISTED SENKU AHHHHHHHHH
how did they get a fake voice in this stone world

new guy reived this guy strong lmao master Ginro the device came from space parabolic antenna vippeee WHY MAN IS ON THE MOON

space age time
Apr 13, 1:12 PM
Mar 2019
Revive everyone, no exceptions.
Ginro back to normal, Perv.
May 9, 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
Wholesome episode. The revelation was crazy. Now I'm really curious to know how they will manage to build a space rocket.
Also, I hope our team revived the statues from the bottom of the sea bed. It just feels bad if not so.
May 17, 8:24 PM

May 2022
To the moon we go. Every season this anime becomes more insane.
May 20, 5:24 PM

Dec 2007
episode 20 : goosbumps , goosbumps , goosbumps , damn ending that raising the bars too high.

lol how senku just hear what he wanted to hear from this makujitsu(?) guy and just went off.
though the fact that those "orbs" came from the sky absolutely doesn't answer anything that this arc questioned. as a matter of fact, if this orb had fallen to this island, why there were still people?
also, if those orb are those in charge in petrify the whole world, than shouldn't had senku found at least one nearby japan? yeah i'm aware that nature is moving and all, but at least one should have stayed in one place lol
and also from the fact that in season 1 we saw that the big "blast" came from antartica and wasn't just "small blasts".
oh well i'm asking too many questions that this arc gonna answer anyway i guess (for example, this majitsu(?) guy, if he had been petrified by those orbs, why he have the orb "tattoo" on his arm?)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2023

137 by KoniginElle »»
Jun 2, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2023

127 by Rithic »»
May 28, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2023

94 by KoniginElle »»
May 22, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

99 by User-Name »»
May 20, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2023

98 by User-Name »»
May 20, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.