Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
MF Ghost
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
Keisuke Takahashi knowing Ogata's Toyota 86 all this while, and out of all the cars, the iconic yellow Mazda RX-7 is the only car to ever do the MFG courses like the legendary mysterious demo race, which said guy used to do back in Takumi Fujiwara's time in Initial D.

Back to the race, and Kanata is slowly picking up pace while watching the 86's pace, with the others on tow against each other on a 300 kph dogfight: the Audi, Ferrari and Shun's GT-R, which he got too overconfident and overshot the turn.

As expected, Michael Beckenbauer crosses the finish line first, but the race for 9th between Kanata and Jackson Taylor's Porsche Carrera GTS, it's the final corners that determine Kanata's win for that position, as MFG's first race comes to a close.

Still though, Ogata's Toyota 86 has potential, but it'll take time to unleash that.
Nov 26, 2023 9:39 AM

Feb 2012
The yellow FD with a carbon fibre hood! "phantom of the demo run", so like the Ghost of Akina, it, too now has an otherworldly epithet.
Face reveal! Keisuke's sycophant Kenta is as clueless as ever.
The Mazda RX-7 is a classic yet they don't know its name? pffft Kanata replicated Keisuke's demo run in qualifiers and adjusted to his own style for the first round, whereas Beckenbauer was the first to beat the course record he set.
No wonder his bro Ryo thinks of them as the new generation.

The danger in the three way battle for third between Japanese, German and Italian makes! It for sure gave me real goosebumps. Had a bit of schadenfreude seeing the pervert Aiba overshoot disastrously.
yo man this series is absolutely delivering it with the Eurobeat. Take Akaba's overtake set to GO2's music The Ferrari 488 GTB just "gotta go" 😆 Syncing it with the first "hugh" of the song is an excellent choice.

Jackson and his Porsche have returned to 9th place, but Kanata risks everything to maximise the slipstream for his less powerful 86. Dangerous, crazy. A repeat of Aiba Shun? No... Kanata can actually pull it off. Hot Hot Racing Car by Go2 is one of the catchiest songs from my favourite label, SCP. The lyrics and tone are absolutely perfect for that intense breaking the 86 and 911 Carrera GTS had in their battle for 9th place.

Kanata did it!!! Jackson has just seen the talent behind that 86's wheel. If Kanata can get a more powerful machine, maybe Beckenbauer could be toppled.
No surprise, 1, 2 and 3 are the Porsches and the Ferrari. But Kanata has earned himself some rivals and fans.
Fun fact: the MFG outro song is Rock Me by Mega NRG Man Feat. Kiko Loureiro from Super Eurobeat Vol. 175

Oooh, updating the 86 next episode. And the shop they are at...Spiral Zero like Team Spiral from Initial D 5th stage??? I think the final episodes of this season will be about that and round 2 will be next season.
Fortress_MaximusNov 30, 2023 3:00 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 26, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
nice to see the rx-7 again

and kanata manage to stay in 9th place despite having a weak car but looks like the next episode the gt86 will have upgrades
Nov 26, 2023 9:53 AM

Jan 2017
What an absolutely stunning way to reintroduce Keisuke and his yellow "classic" something-7! This is a proper fanservice for this anime!!
Nov 26, 2023 9:58 AM

Oct 2017
Keisuke! The RX-7 made me nostalgic.

Kanata's insane, that last second break gave me chills. Thanks to his tire management he had enough grip left to pull it off. Ren getting jealous was cute. Now that the race is over, need more of them together.
Nov 26, 2023 9:59 AM
Sep 2015
So there are four rounds left, does this scream season 2 and 3?
Nov 26, 2023 10:01 AM

Mar 2021
It was so great to see Keisuke and the RX-7 again and to see how well he is doing and it was cute seeing Ren get jealous when other girls are talking to Kanata
Nov 26, 2023 10:37 AM
Jan 2023
Seeing Keisuke in a suit and with shorter hair is really weird
Nov 26, 2023 10:44 AM

Mar 2021
phantomfandom said:
So there are four rounds left, does this scream season 2 and 3?

more seasons are always welcome. this has been a very good adaptation in my opinion.
Nov 26, 2023 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
MF Ghost delivers what probably is the last action filled episode for this season (unless they plan to cliff hanger their way onto a 2nd season) with more overtakes than that Overtake anime. The last moments felt like it was the last episode of this season, talking about food, alcohol and the camera panning slowly to Kanata looking at the red GT86 and the ending theme already playing in the background for awhile. Felix Film has definitely delivered a proper adaptation with this one.
Nov 26, 2023 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Didnt expect them to finish the race before ep 12 XD
Not much of Kanata this episode.
Nov 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
Damn what a finish to the race. Glad there wasn’t an asspull to let Kanata win. Him placing 9th and having something to work towards is good. His epic finish over Taylor for 9th was awesome though.

Shame we didn’t see the groomer Aiba fall off a cliff.

Ren better hurry up and make a move before hugging girl snatches Kanata up lol
Marinate1016Nov 26, 2023 12:31 PM
Nov 26, 2023 1:32 PM
Jan 2014
Good to see that Keisuke is still driving the FD. I thought it was pretty funny that Kenta has followed Keisuke into adulthood too. Good episode overall.
Nov 26, 2023 1:52 PM
Aug 2020
great episode,

i can really enjoy everything, ost, animation, race

it was too short, really...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 26, 2023 3:45 PM

Jan 2018
The legendary FD... It's been a while! Lol for Kenta.

Cannot wait for the second race if it's possible within this season.
Nov 26, 2023 4:08 PM

Apr 2022
HE MADE ITTTTTTTT!! another sick fucking episode, that rx-7 scene at the beginning was so good, keisuke nostalgia is strong. had to rewatch that scene thrice and then rewatched the scene with kanata at the final turn like 5 or 6 times, real good stuff and the commentator also did a good job there. the threeway dogfight was fire.
Nov 26, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2007
Nozomi may got overtaken during the race, but she didn't miss the opportunity to overtake post race.
Nov 26, 2023 5:00 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Good ep!

So will Kanata start in 9th position during the next race? The #1 seed has such an advantage lol
Nov 26, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2019
What a crazy race! They even went through Silent Hill lol.

Nov 26, 2023 6:44 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the race ended.
Love how 2 girls want him. Just like Takumi all over again.
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM
Oct 2019
I really like the interaction between the characters and the songs are wonderful too
Nov 26, 2023 10:56 PM

Jul 2021
amazing episode but now the question arises as to how the 86 is going to improve. with the 8 million you would think they would make some upgrades, the question is which upgrades as i don't think kanata can come into top 3 without any significant upgrades. he needs to be able to hold his own on the straights and then no doubt he can aim for top 3.

they already announced a lot of future races but this has only 3 more episodes left. give how old this franchise is i want to think that they are planning to adapt it fully as to not adapt it would be a waste as it is so entertaining to watch.

rx7 reveal was no surpirse i knew from the start that the demo runner would be keisuke i mean who else would do it?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 27, 2023 12:45 AM
Dec 2022
What a good overtake from Kanata, reminded me of Takumi's overtake against that Evo guy without wings on 4th stage

And two eurobeats from Go 2 this episode, they really like songs from Eurokudos albums don't they?
Nov 27, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2014
The nostalgic feeling of seeing Keisuke once again put a smile on my face. Unsurprisingly, he still has Kenta by his side, so things still feel the same here as it did back in Initial D! XD

But still, I was really happy to see Keisuke's Mazda RX-7 FD, which is mostly known as the phantom, in motion once again, with it doing the demo runs for all of the courses on the MFG calendar, where his times were unmatched until the arrival of the stuck-up Beckenbauer. Hopefully we'll see someone giving him a good run for his money sooner or later, as his attitude makes me want to smack him off his perch myself.

The climax of the race was excellent. The battle for 3rd place was intense, but Aiba pushed too hard with his tyre management and ended up overshooting the heavy braking zone at the end of the Kamaboko Straight. As a result, he fell down to 6th place. It's also another showcase of how impressive Akaba did in his Ferrari 488 GTB, with a well deserved 3rd place from him.

Kanata had to give it everything just to hold Taylor's Porsche 911 Carrera GTS at bay. The Eurobeat song kicking in when the pair hit the same braking zone with Kanata regaining 9th spot, was awesome. I do like how Taylor went to Kanata and congratulated him personally after the race. As for Nozomi, she continues to make me like her more with how she hugged Kanata so willingly, which was even more funny since it was in front of Ren and the other MFG angels.

The next episode will be more chill, as expected. It'll be interesting to see what upgrades that Kanata and Ogata will do to the Toyota GT86 in preparation for the 2nd race.
Nov 27, 2023 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
Ultra supaa late breakingg
Nov 27, 2023 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
Aiba's fail made me lol hard
Nov 27, 2023 5:38 PM
Apr 2022
They missed the chance to play "Dogfight"...
Nov 27, 2023 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
That was a really good ending to this race! I'm glad Kanata lost and he has room to grow. Cool to see Keiuske.
Nov 28, 2023 7:42 PM
Sep 2023
gives us another "mystery" of MFG
Nov 29, 2023 4:59 AM
Nov 2019
I made a review of this anime and I got 5 confused users…. 🤣🤣 like honestly

If I say this anime has a boring list of cars… or doesn’t have many Jdm cars

Em I wrong to say that ? After all my review is my opinion
If you like seeing European super cars race
That’s you…

But I prefer the all Japanese car list of initial D

And if that confuses people on this page or website
So be it 🤣
Not my problem

Dec 1, 2023 7:42 AM

Apr 2018
That last episode doesn't feel realistic. How can you hit a car on the right side back, at 200mph and go straight like nothing happen. ( but it's fine though because it's a manga so i'll let it pass ) .
--
But weird to me that the mangaka, didn't use his liberty to draw some stylish cars.

Just some cars without stylish paint.

All white, light blue or red...

Why didn't he draw some patches, some sponsors ... or any stylish paint like we can see. ?

--

Beside that, the sol part isn't natural and isn't funny... It's kinda suks compare to Initial D or any SoL...
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Dec 2, 2023 10:00 AM
Nov 2022
Amazing Episode, just enough thrill at the end of the race. 8/10
Dec 2, 2023 4:32 PM

Aug 2020
The Rx-7!!! Was excited to see Keisuke and that car again!
Dec 4, 2023 6:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The race ended and it was the first of others!!!

Great result and waiting for more emotion!!!
kekeke
Dec 8, 2023 2:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that very last part of the race was epic with Kanata's driving skills
Dec 14, 2023 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
Fantastic episode! A lot of epic moments, as it should be for the very final part of the race. It was my favorite episode so far.

Kanata's done very well. While his car was underpowered, compared to the other vehicles participating in MFG, he could compensate all shortcomings with his skills and talent.

Seeing yellow Mazda RX-7 again was awesome on its own, but knowing who was the mysterious, insanely good driver, was even better. Initial D fans will surely be aware of his identity. ;)

Oh, and Keisuke has appeared at last. 🙂
Dec 23, 2023 9:52 AM

Nov 2009
Why is Keisuke so damn ugly now? Ugh! What happened to the style goddamit! Gimme the Legend movie designs!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 25, 2023 7:47 PM
Jul 2020
What a nice episode
Jan 13, 12:47 AM
Dec 2022
The appearance of the famous FD RX-7!
Feb 9, 7:06 AM

Jan 2021
You know... 9 episodes for 1 race is actually a nice pace.
May 6, 7:19 PM

Mar 2016
Cheh, these kids don't even know about the legendary RX7, what a bunch of uncultured individuals!
It's nice to see Keisuke doing well, bro is a real estate boss now and his older brother, Ryosuke is just as impressive. They already came from a wealthy family, but now they're probably proper billionaires.
It seems that the touge races that happened during the night back then as part of Project D's first massive undertaking were not very widely known publicly. IIRC they did have a website for fans to follow the races and the victories that Keisuke and Takumi earned, but it looks like all of these are still very underground, different from MFG.

An epic finale for MFG's first round!
The three supercars' 300+km/h dogfight was awesome! Seeing the German, Italian and Japanese cars running head to head was exhilarating, it's a shame that the GTR's tyres are done for, out of the 3, it would've beaten the Ferrari and the R8 thanks to its upgraded downforce mods from the NISMO package.

On the other hand Kanata did a great job to maintain his position, even when the blue porche was reeling him in, he stayed composed and made use of the tyres he's been preserving to dish out one last power move and got to be in the 9th place on a GT86. Fantastic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 10:11 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 11 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Dec 10, 2023

37 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 9:26 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2023

43 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 7:14 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 12, 2023

54 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.