Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Returner's Magic Should be Special
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It looks like Desir and his success is even reaching a wider audience in their world. One of the higher ups isn't happy unfortunately.

Seems this season isn't ever going to give Desir a break as he faces off against another opponent in the forest. I guess this show is really trying to showcase Desir's talents at every opportunity it gets.
Nov 11, 2023 10:03 AM
Nov 2023
i am really looking forward to this anime and so far it has been very good
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Imagine being surprised enough to have a fart that causes your own hair to fly up!

Nov 11, 2023 1:09 PM

Apr 2022
And the hunt begins

Hoping for some ruthless bullying of those self-important assholes next week
Nov 11, 2023 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
One down, at least we have made a start!! lets go battle royale!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 11, 2023 1:34 PM

Dec 2018
mid season episodes always leave us on a cliffhanger but this was good enough. interested in the battle between alpha and beta, we have one defeat already but there's so much more to go.
Nov 11, 2023 4:41 PM

May 2021
This show has the same amount of moving images as screen shots in this discussion. Very stiff animation, if we can call zooming and panning images animation. Story is also meh and considering it's already episode 6 out of 12 and only one participant was defeated, we might as well conclude that this season ends with this tournament as main focus. Gah, another tournament from going to school show. Kill. Me. Now.
Nov 11, 2023 6:37 PM

Oct 2022
I hate the opener but love the closer of this show

Pram was extra cute this episode. He all blushing around Desir
Even though it's a battle episode I enjoyed it hugely. Desir plays this mental math with people and his calm confidence with them is fun to watch. But they don't really show him thinking about his memories or make clear how he knows what he knows, or why he's reading what he's reading.
The whole nobles vs commoner thing is so cheesy and stupid. No school would waste resources on having students constantly fight each other; and if they hate the commoner so much, wouldn't even waste their time and money having them in their academy. It doesn't feel like an anime about these people saving humanity, it's a magic school with cheat skill anime. But Battle Royale can be fun when there are likable characters.
SuperAdventureNov 11, 2023 6:41 PM
Nov 11, 2023 6:55 PM
Dec 2018
homo shota = drop

not watching this generic crap for this.
Nov 11, 2023 7:18 PM

Feb 2019
that wasn't the final-final round; it was a warm-up before the final face-off between desir, romantica and pram vs azest and those two other goons. hopefully next week's episode will show more face-off time
Nov 11, 2023 7:18 PM
Jun 2021
I love how these subhumans trash anime all day. It’s already episode 6 and u still trashing it? Always hilarious to watch these lower life forms just go to every episode discussion for an entire season of a new anime trashing it. Like before it was funny how stupid it was. Now it’s just comical how sheep-like all these “people” are. Following the flock just ranting about how trash every single episode of every single new anime is.

Keep going little sheep, entertain me more.
Nov 11, 2023 8:14 PM

Mar 2013
Darn, I need to wait for another week, or probably two to three episodes to finish this tournament of theirs. A cool episode but...

Overall, you get to see a lovely lady, from head to toe, clinging to Desir to get to him. Now that's a nice scene indeed.
CrazyButNot4UNov 11, 2023 8:18 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 11, 2023 10:10 PM

Feb 2020
pretty fun and badass episode :p

Nov 11, 2023 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
Man things are really starting to get good. I would love for a little romantic tension with the blonde girl as well. I like her way more than romantica
Nov 11, 2023 10:27 PM
Oct 2019
not sure any singular aspect of this is great. but it's all around very good and enjoyable

i wish there were more episodes available to watch
Nov 12, 2023 4:32 AM
Sep 2022
Sokah said:
Imagine being surprised enough to have a fart that causes your own hair to fly up!

Hahahahahahaa so funny, epic!!!!
great episode!
Nov 12, 2023 6:36 AM
Apr 2023
As much as I kind of dislike tournament arcs, I somehow like how this one shows Desir's ruthlessness in any form of bout.
Looks like Desir is going to serve some humble pie buffet in the next episode or so.
Nov 12, 2023 7:32 AM
Sep 2021
desir and his team are qualified for the final round and all the other participants are enemy's for desir team, let's see how they handle this.
Nov 12, 2023 9:27 AM

May 2011
In ep.4 Brigitte-sensei said that groups must have 6 members at most.
Then why there are 8 members in Azest's group, lol?
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 PM
Dec 2016
Really poor pacing. It seems like nothing got accomplished in this episode. Anything that happened just reiterated on what was already established. The only thing added was they are doing well in the tournament, and they need to study. Everything else was pretty predicatable.
Nov 13, 2023 4:13 AM

Jul 2017
The ranking tournament has begun, and the Beta party is slowly rising up the ranks, as much as this is a newsworthy scoop that's unprecented.

The Alpha class, especially Blue Moon, will be coming after the Beta party in the final around, and that's where yet another comrade of Desir's, Azest Kingscrown, comes in. As expected, both Doneta and Percival have their eyes on Romantica and Pram respectively, though she would be the one to monopolize Desir for herself since she hasn't forgotten about him. The final training...is history training, because within the Shadow Worlds lays scenarios set by the Academy, clearing which they would pass the tournament. All because Desir already knew what would happen from the get-go as a time traveller.

Romantica being erotic about Pram's secret with Desir, they kinda pissed off Desir a bit. But Azest coming straight to declare war on him since the last time that he defeated her, it's the same spirit that would change their future together. Desir readies in a proper manner and walks into the coliseum, rivaling many parties (including Blue Moon) for the final round of the Ranking Tournament. The battle royale starts here, though Desir is separate from both Romantica and Pram, and finds a noble targetting him, though he makes light of her with his inverse magic.

One down, 29 (or more precisely, 27) to go. Desir whacks strong.
Nov 13, 2023 11:00 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay now the good fight begins. Ofc he has one win already, MVP DESIR STRIKES AGAIN! (:
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 14, 2023 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
Nothing much happened in the first half but the tournament finals is here. Lets watch them kick some ass. Desir's already at it.
Nov 14, 2023 8:30 AM
Dec 2022
another good episode. not to flash by I don't know how it's entertaining with the menemul animation and a average story, world building. I am enjoying his own
it a really will made anime
Nov 14, 2023 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
Desir was lucky he was solo it seemed (unless he was holding back substantially).

A team about to become single rankers.
Nov 15, 2023 7:26 PM

Aug 2011
I think the studio did their best to hype it up but it was a little bit unsatisfactory. Music was good, but the rest was underwhelming (especially the animation).
I feel they decided to invest screentime so wo could perceive how the bond between characters strengthen, but the truth it felt as plot-wise there was little progress.

» Escapism.

Nov 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
this is such an engaging episode! and bit of a cliffhanger! i wanna see those higher class beg on their knees! but Desir is doing this for a better purpose! they really need to get stronger to change the future! but the higher class' attitude and pride is gonna be a mess and a big problem for Desir!
5/5.

Nov 30, 2023 12:43 AM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the "we'll go tie shopping" and then it turns into a "EH EH EH" battle.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 2, 12:43 AM
Jun 2012
Magical Battle Fotnite Tournament begin!
Jan 19, 4:25 PM
Jan 2023
Excellent, the past knowledge coming in handy again, knowing exactly what will be going down.

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty epic battle, plus blue moon appear to be underestimating them.
Apr 15, 8:19 AM

Jul 2023
The qualification ranking tournament round begins, Desir and his party members defeat other party members one by one, showing their strength, they make headlines and the snobby nobles cant ignore them anymore. The blue moon decides who they want to fight on his party, Ajest, now the leader decides to take on desir as he made her taste defeat in the entrance exam, Hadun has his mind on romantica, and the guy who beat up parm in the arena targets him.
To prepare for the final round Desir and his party study history as the round will consist of preventing a random historical conflict (with sabotage from other parties allowed), While studying, ajest herself declears war on Desir.
The next day it begins, the top 9 ranked people will be promoted, which is their goal, with that they all enter the shadow world with bunch of other high ranking parties. Desir finds himself spawned in a random location, he is first set on finding his teammates but one of blue moon's party members finds him right off the bat and start a battle. The girl definitly shows her ability but desir's knowledge and skill is still too great and he defeats the member from blue moon.

Parm is definitely gay for Desir, too bad he already got a love interest. Though he hasnt shown much love interest for her which is kinda dissappointing, he just smiles at her. Alot

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

59 by Shiro099 »»
Jun 5, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

65 by LionOfParadise »»
May 12, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

25 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

28 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

39 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.