Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2023 5:31 PM
Nov 2021
It has focus on chars as protagonist and the exact thing that happen in origins. Beside the original gundam will get remaster around sometime no need to ruin your fun.
You will like red suit giving jumpscares to everyone. Dont watch the movie it cuts out too many parts its like summary that skips things so low attention then watch but go for Zeta episodes . Just watch it for Chars to be honest, care less about the other kid protagonist lol ppl hate kids these days

Edit2: Ignore the elitist down below ,you understood the story from origins, whatever you didnt is told in Zeta gundam. The guys below are okay watching Unicorn directly skipping one year war but not directly watch Zeta, best part is both need one year war but Zeta explains Zeon war better than unicorn lol

Edit:where do these ppl below graduate from ? Like literally WHAT chars DOESNT USE RED ZAKU but RED RICK DIAS OMG ITS NOT CHARS ANYMORE I never said I hate Gundam 1979 either.
And no you dont need to watch original gundam. Zeta is completely spoiler free everything resolved in first gundam so just go Zeta for chars, animation kinda good but old still CHAR AZNABLE
Destined321Oct 11, 2023 8:59 AM
Sep 28, 2023 9:26 PM
Jun 2020
What no???? Do not tell people that. You’re telling people a horrible way to watch early Gundam. You literally have no idea what you’re even talking about…

Origin goes up to the One-Year-War and really only summarizes bits at the very end. If for some reason you watched Origin first, go watch the show or movies for first Gundam 1979, THEN watch Zeta Gundam which is the immediate sequel in release order.

Char is not the protagonist in Zeta, but he plays a major role like he does in first Gundam.

Also dissing Zeta’s Kamille when he’s literally the best Gundam MC next to Amuro the very first MC.
Sep 29, 2023 3:16 AM
Apr 2022
you forgot the og mobile suit gundam.
Sep 29, 2023 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
Why does OP hate 0079 so much?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 29, 2023 3:58 AM
Mar 2020
Bad take on UC Gundam Ngl. Char is a great character but skipping the WHOLE original gundam to Zeta isn’t right
Sep 29, 2023 5:02 AM

May 2015
Zeta is not a sequel to Origin. Besides, Char doesn't pilot his red zaku in Zeta, so that advice literally makes no sense.

0079 is the only correct way to continue after Origin, I did it this way, and actually enjoyed it more than Zeta. Watching Zeta straight after Origin would be a ??? experience.
Sep 29, 2023 12:03 PM
Jun 2020
Bro is so insanely dumb what is your edit???
Sep 29, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 2020
Destined321 said:
It has focus on chars as protagonist and the exact thing that happen in origins. You will like red suit giving jumpscares to everyone. Dont watch the movie it cuts out too many parts its like summary that skips things so low attention then watch but go for Zeta episodes . Just watch it for Chars to be honest, care less about the other kid protagonist lol ppl hate kids these days

Edit:where do these ppl below graduate from ? Like literally WHAT chars DOESNT USE RED ZAKU but RED RICK DIAS OMG ITS NOT CHARS ANYMORE I never said I hate Gundam 1979 either.
And no you dont need to watch original gundam. Zeta is completely spoiler free everything resolved in first gundam so just go Zeta for chars, animation kinda good but old still CHAR AZNABLE

“And no you don’t need to watch original Gundam.” Yes you literally do. How can you even say you like Char when you’ve missed out on a massive chunk of his story? Zeta will barely make sense if you skip first Gundam. You have no clue what you’re on about.

“Where do these ppl graduate from?” You can barely speak English. Also you have such insanely low media comprehension you’re telling people to skip first Gundam…

“Animation kinda good but old.” You say old like that’s a bad thing. First Gundam has the most amazing animation for 1979-1981. Zeta Gundam also looks beautiful for a serialized anime in 1985. Please stop you sound like a 14 year old who just discovered animation outside of Pixar and Dreamworks…
Sep 29, 2023 1:10 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to RUNDMT
Destined321 said:
It has focus on chars as protagonist and the exact thing that happen in origins. You will like red suit giving jumpscares to everyone. Dont watch the movie it cuts out too many parts its like summary that skips things so low attention then watch but go for Zeta episodes . Just watch it for Chars to be honest, care less about the other kid protagonist lol ppl hate kids these days

“And no you don’t need to watch original Gundam.” Yes you literally do. How can you even say you like Char when you’ve missed out on a massive chunk of his story? Zeta will barely make sense if you skip first Gundam. You have no clue what you’re on about.

“Where do these ppl graduate from?” You can barely speak English. Also you have such insanely low media comprehension you’re telling people to skip first Gundam…

“Animation kinda good but old.” You say old like that’s a bad thing. First Gundam has the most amazing animation for 1979-1981. Zeta Gundam also looks beautiful for a serialized anime in 1985. Please stop you sound like a 14 year old who just discovered animation outside of Pixar and Dreamworks…
@RUNDMT this is for origins viewers and every clue is there the Zeta gundam literally explains what happened in original gundam in short through show.

Your elitist mindset needs to stop. This is equivalent asking ppl to watch 1979 gundam CCA to watch unicorn
Sep 29, 2023 2:15 PM
Jun 2020
Destined321 said:
@RUNDMT this is for origins viewers and every clue is there the Zeta gundam literally explains what happened in original gundam in short through show.

Your elitist mindset needs to stop. This is equivalent asking ppl to watch 1979 gundam CCA to watch unicorn

There’s nothing elitist about it! You’re telling people to literally just skip the first part of the story. And then you’re acting like people are elitist and stupid for telling you that you’re wrong. Zeta vaguely summarizes the events of the one-year war, it’s not a supplement for the entire first show. It’s like telling people to just skip to the second Lord of the Rings movie or just to skip to the second book of Dune. “I know there’s 8 Harry Potter movies but you can just skip to the 4th everything before doesn’t matter” that’s what you sound like rn.

Also are you also saying people shouldn’t watch Unicorn? Another really good show in the franchise? You should watch all the shows… especially the Universal Century shows… a lot of hard work and love was put into each and every one.
Sep 30, 2023 2:01 AM

Jan 2021
I appreciate your perspective, but I would argue that this is a poor recommendation.

Yes, from a certain lens, Char can be considered a main protagonist in both The Origin and Zeta, but that does not make them connected enough to skip the original 79 series/movies. Not only are you skipping a large amount of events from Char’s life during the One Year War, but by jumping from Origin to Zeta, Amuro’s significance as a major character and rival to Char will be thrown completely out the window. Harry Potter without Voldemort would mean the main plot and conflicts no longer exist. The same applies with Amuro and Char: they are integral to one another’s stories.

Although I began my Gundam journey with The Origin and went on to get into the series just fine, I regret not watching original series first, as it meant that I already knew about certain reveals and in 79 and certain characters and scenes went over my head. The most safe watch order for the “Amuro and Char” Gundam story is 79 to Zeta to CCA and then watch The Origin, maybe even before CCA if you want. But even watching The Origin to 79 to Zeta as I did is a heck of a lot better than going from The Origin to Zeta.

I do agree with your take on the Zeta movies is a fair one. I have only seen the Zeta show myself, but have read almost unanimously from fans that the Zeta movies and a bit jarring swapping between animation styles and changing the ending.
Sep 30, 2023 11:25 PM

Oct 2015
Don’t quite understand this post.

I have guided many people into UC Gundam for more than a decade. I have never told people to skip the original 0079 because it explains the one-year-war and how the White Base crew becomes a war heroes.
Char is a major character, not the protagonist. Well, he is an antagonist with a very strong ulterior motive. He is the rival of Amuro in the original, a mentor to Kamille in Zeta.
The Origins is more a prequel to the One Year War. I labelled it as optional but highly recommended to watch. If people started with Origins, I always told them that the original 0079 is the next. Followed by the side stories or straight to Zeta.
Based on my past experience, war veterans really like side stories such as 0080 War In The Pocket and 08th MS Team.
Oct 1, 2023 5:35 AM

May 2022
dude I have watched like 10 eps of Zeta till no, this show and the og trilogy and even I can already tell how much of a shit take that is....
Oct 1, 2023 9:01 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Kvothe_1
dude I have watched like 10 eps of Zeta till no, this show and the og trilogy and even I can already tell how much of a shit take that is....
@Kvothe_1
Good for you then not everyone is elitist like you also you are failing yourself if you stop at 10 episode of zeta lol mr elite
Oct 4, 2023 2:12 AM
Sep 2020
Zeta is good but so is the original gundam anime and while zeta may explain some of the events that occurred during the anime it’s still better to watch it just to better understand not only the historical events of UC but of amuro ray and the other characters.
Oct 8, 2023 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
such a bad take. clearly OP has forgotten that Char is not the only recurring character in Zeta, Amuro is grown up and there are other members of the white base that appear in it too, like Kai. 0079 also shows a lot about zeon which includes Chars story too, so I don't know why you'd skip out on it.

at this point I'm thinking this post is just sad bait to trigger gundam fans tbh
Oct 11, 2023 8:55 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to RUNDMT
Destined321 said:

There’s nothing elitist about it! You’re telling people to literally just skip the first part of the story. And then you’re acting like people are elitist and stupid for telling you that you’re wrong. Zeta vaguely summarizes the events of the one-year war, it’s not a supplement for the entire first show. It’s like telling people to just skip to the second Lord of the Rings movie or just to skip to the second book of Dune. “I know there’s 8 Harry Potter movies but you can just skip to the 4th everything before doesn’t matter” that’s what you sound like rn.

Also are you also saying people shouldn’t watch Unicorn? Another really good show in the franchise? You should watch all the shows… especially the Universal Century shows… a lot of hard work and love was put into each and every one.
@RUNDMT then its stupid to not watch unicorn right ? Yea exactly just watch Gundam zeta like unicorn too then
You want ppl to watch unicorn but not Gundam Zeta ?
Destined321Oct 11, 2023 9:00 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 6 Discussion

Led_Wayline - Aug 8, 2018

28 by JoexySun »»
Jun 5, 6:15 PM

» Why did that 🤡 Declare war instead of making Peace Negotiations?

Perfectly_Balanc - Nov 5, 2023

4 by Armio »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 5 Discussion

Tokoya - Sep 27, 2017

49 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:17 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zurgboy00 - May 21, 2016

67 by DoisacChopper »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Oct 24, 2015

63 by DoisacChopper »»
Sep 28, 2023 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.