Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2023 9:25 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Perrito
luksthefool said:
They serve to prove that even being close to attractive girls Rudy is not able to cure his ED as it is not caused by a lack of attraction but by a lack of affection.

Sooo... exactly what happened with Sara and the prostitute 4 episodes earlier? Do you need stuff like that hammered into your head for it to stick or something? Talk about lack of analysis, rofl.

About Badigadi, he was already interested in Rudeus as Kishirika had told him about Rudeus and his demon eye. Him encountering and defeating the beastgirls suitors was completely coincidental and wouldn't had made a difference if it didn't happen. Holy smokes, people.

We still don't know the implications of Rudeus and the princess using each others names because that was agreed in the last 5 minutes of the whole show. It most likely will have an impact later on, but it will be outside of this standalone cour, remember that we need to wait 6 months for more content.

So I still stand where I was, barely anything of significance happened this cour, just padding. The most interesting and expansive information came from Nanahoshi's episode, as stated earlier.

And all this is only considering the pacing and narrative, because that's the purpose of this thread. Add the bad production quality to that and you get a trainwreck.

@Perrito They serve to remind you of this fact, reaffirming something so that empty-headed people like you don't miss this important detail.

I don't see why it shouldnt happen, you're criticizing an event because it simply happens, this is the peak of "I think if things happened the way I like it would be better since it's to my taste"

And ? You should drop It.

Obviously because you didn't pay attention to anything else

I hope you don't torture yourself with this "trainwreck" in the next part, drop the anime
Oct 3, 2023 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to luksthefool
@Perrito They serve to remind you of this fact, reaffirming something so that empty-headed people like you don't miss this important detail.

I don't see why it shouldnt happen, you're criticizing an event because it simply happens, this is the peak of "I think if things happened the way I like it would be better since it's to my taste"

And ? You should drop It.

Obviously because you didn't pay attention to anything else

I hope you don't torture yourself with this "trainwreck" in the next part, drop the anime
@luksthefool

If you need that detail hammered so much to keep it fresh, you are the empty-headed person, and the fact that you don't see it is quite sad, frankly.

And no, I will continue watching and, if it is crap, give it the rating and critique I deem adecuate.

You are the one so insecure about the quality of the show that you are crying in every thread that's (correctly) pointing out its shortcomings.
Keep coping o/
Oct 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Perrito
@luksthefool

If you need that detail hammered so much to keep it fresh, you are the empty-headed person, and the fact that you don't see it is quite sad, frankly.

And no, I will continue watching and, if it is crap, give it the rating and critique I deem adecuate.

You are the one so insecure about the quality of the show that you are crying in every thread that's (correctly) pointing out its shortcomings.
Keep coping o/
@Perrito Did you start watching anime or watching any work of fiction yesterday? Because reaffirming events and remembering them is something very common in fiction in general, anyway, avoid Got,prison break,Hunterxhunter,prison school ,One Piece and especially Saint Seiya,they all "Hammer It to keep It fresh" or something

"Damn, the taste of this food is very salty, I should certainly try it again to see if it's salty"

This is called freedom to make a counterpoint to stupid criticism, something I should do more of by the way, I think the fact that fans don't object to people blatantly lying is cowardly

In fact, this argument that opposing something shows insecurity even reminds me of shippers when you mention that it was never the author's intention to ship certain characters and that there is no basis for the claim that it is canon,too used to it 🤔
Oct 3, 2023 3:59 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to Perrito
@Puppytay

80% of that stuff was already known from season 1 and Episode 0, what are you talking about?

The power struggle was already mentioned when Rudy met Eris.
Dunno if they'll do something later but Counter Arrow and Stepped Ladder were useless for the overall arc story.
What did we learn about the school? Just a couple of rich kids doing shenaningans not relevant to the story.
I don't care about any beastfolk princesses if all they are going to do with them is strap them to a chair until they wet themselves, what development did they have?
Again, we knew about Cliff already and his history, this season he didn't do squat except getting into a relationship.
Rudy having the mana capacity of a god was already mentioned by Orsted in season 1.
Again, Julie was presented but didn't do squat afterwards.
Zenith's location was already discovered in season 1.

The major point of this season was curing Rudeus ED and the slog of Sylphie wanting to tell him who she was for 7 chapters. Taking that into consideration, just add the bad production quality and the result is a bad season. A deserved 4/10.
@Perrito What are you talking about?

Counter arrow and stepped ladder were not uselsss tho? they helped rudeus through his quagmire saga.
Cliff is also researching curses and how to reduce//nullify their effect, that's comes in really important later on(oh and his relationship with lise is also important).
Julie is training to be a craftsmen of figurines using earth magic? which also becomes important later on...
of course rudeus plans to marry syphie which is obivously really important.
badigadi is introduced, who is a demon who is also an important point to the story(albeit he comes in later than the rest)
Rudeus is now allies with Areil and Luke and would assist them(cus of syphie)which that's also obviously important(Multiple story arcs happen later on just because of this)
and Nanahoshi was introduced and we learned more of the teleportation incident, everything about her is super important.
(Zanoba got some little character little development but his whole "thing" doesn't start until volume 10 which is gonna be in s2 cour 2)
(Same with beastfolk princesses rn there just silly or slightly comedic characters at this point in time, they do get a role later tho)

So a good amount of stuff did happen aside from the main arc of this season(which was rudeus and syphie getting together)
So No this wasn't a bad season, it just setting up a lot of stuff for future seasons? I don't remember there being a rule where the setup has to be paid off in the exact next episode.....(also what bad production quality? this is still better production quality than 98.3% of all other anime out there)
Oct 5, 2023 3:31 PM

Nov 2010
Reply to luksthefool
@Perrito So first watch it before talking off the top of your head without paying attention to the story.
They serve to prove that even being close to attractive girls Rudy is not able to cure his ED as it is not caused by a lack of attraction but by a lack of affection.
You dont like MT,you can say you like something so you can look look you have the right to criticize something present in the story without looking like a hater.
I don't have to describe paragraphs present in the LN or dialogues from the anime, because I know they are present there.
Who is crying and you for having your lack of analysis and narrative understanding exposed, anyone can lie about what the motivation for the criticism is in order to be validated, which is your case,Go watch slime or re:zero and I'm sure you won't encounter these problems that seem like a nail in your flesh to you
@luksthefool
I think a lot of the vitriol here is just people not understanding the arguments made, so let me try to put it in a very simple picture:

In season 1 we had these beautiful montages during the opening that showed some world lore and some smaller events in a relatively short timespan in a very nice example of 'show don't tell'.
What I and others are getting at is that a lot of season 2 could just been shown in a similar format to these montages, and it would have lost nearly nothing.
So season 2 feels like they stretched these little montages into a full blown season when there was little reason to do so.
Oct 10, 2023 11:33 AM

Oct 2020
As I watched this season I definitely started to worry people would find it slow and uneventful. Having read most of the LNs I enjoyed this season immensely, but compared to what has come before I can totally see how people would feel that virtually nothing happened. Lots of important characters and plot lines have been sown this season, but it will take some time for it all to become apparent. Hopefully people will stick with it, as the scope of the story does get bigger and bigger.
Oct 10, 2023 4:07 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to zwolf12
@luksthefool
I think a lot of the vitriol here is just people not understanding the arguments made, so let me try to put it in a very simple picture:

In season 1 we had these beautiful montages during the opening that showed some world lore and some smaller events in a relatively short timespan in a very nice example of 'show don't tell'.
What I and others are getting at is that a lot of season 2 could just been shown in a similar format to these montages, and it would have lost nearly nothing.
So season 2 feels like they stretched these little montages into a full blown season when there was little reason to do so.
@zwolf12 But your argument and his argument are different, he is attacking elements of the story that clearly have a purpose.
I liked the op, both the music and the animation are good, but I also understand those who say that they would prefer it not to be there, as it actually takes up the time used to show more LN scenes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.