Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2023 10:59 AM

Jul 2021
Should I read the LN? I've never read any LN before, but I'm honestly interested in the story. Tell me your opinion
Check out SNAFU
Sep 24, 2023 12:24 PM
Jun 2020
You can choose if you want to take my advice, because I only finished the first volume yesterday.

I wanted to start the light novel too after finishing season 1 of the anime and started with volume 7, but recognised, this didn't felt right, so I read from the beginning and finished the first volume in a span of 2 days.

And as someone who hasn't really touched a book, besides of manga, in a few years (thanks for that school), I really enjoyed it.

It was really beautiful written in a way which kept you reading and reading without noticing how time flew by and so I finished it really quick.

Give it a try if you want cause with the help from the anime it's easier to imagine what happens.

I don't know where you should start though, if you want to continue the story after season 2
SkullPlease19Sep 24, 2023 12:29 PM
Sep 24, 2023 1:15 PM
Jul 2015
LNs are a masterpiece. Even better than anime if you can imagine that. Even if you are not huge on reading I would recommend you give it a go. There is a reason they are called LIGHT novels. Give it a shot, it is more than worth it. You will end up getting hooked and will enjoy the experience.
Sep 24, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2021
It'll be a long journey if you start now!! But you can always start from volume 1. If you love the story in the anime, the LN will keep you hooked for hours with the detailed story about the events that happened in the anime.

Decide for yourself!!!
Sep 24, 2023 1:19 PM
Jun 2013
I have never been into reading, but I bought the first volume at the beginning of this season and finished it in a day. Three weeks later I'm caught up in the light novels. As someone that hates reading, even I suggest the novels. Looking forward to the last novel being translated in March.
Sep 24, 2023 1:20 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
directly start from volume 10 i suggest
thats a chill volume
ull figure out if the series interests u as a novel or not
its a shorter size than other novels so thats that too

also read it at ur own pace, part 2 is plenty far away

Sep 24, 2023 1:22 PM
Jul 2015
BerriesSan said:
thats a chill volume

NO! Please don't. It is essential for EVERYONE to start from the beginning. No reason whatsoever to skip.
Sep 24, 2023 1:22 PM
Mar 2023
I'd start reading the light novel from the beginning. That's what I did after watching anime It was very good there's a lot of information left out that fills in some gaps and it's just a very good ln
Sep 24, 2023 1:25 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Reply to SteelCobraSRB
BerriesSan said:
thats a chill volume

NO! Please don't. It is essential for EVERYONE to start from the beginning. No reason whatsoever to skip.
@SteelCobraSRB wtf why, anime did a plenty good job getting u gist of the story, having to read 10 volumes of a story u already know, especially when u have no clue if u enjoy novels or not... u want op to not read the series or something?

Sep 24, 2023 1:56 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to BerriesSan
@SteelCobraSRB wtf why, anime did a plenty good job getting u gist of the story, having to read 10 volumes of a story u already know, especially when u have no clue if u enjoy novels or not... u want op to not read the series or something?

@BerriesSan The anime skips out on quite a few details in each episode due to how much content is covered in a short time. From my experience reading LNs, starting from the beginning is always best as the anime adaptation usually omits stuff.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 24, 2023 2:00 PM

Jul 2021
_cjessop19_ said:
@BerriesSan The anime skips out on quite a few details in each episode due to how much content is covered in a short time. From my experience reading LNs, starting from the beginning is always best as the anime adaptation usually omits stuff.

thanks y'all, might as well begin from V1
Check out SNAFU
Sep 24, 2023 2:27 PM
Jan 2023
Yes the LN is fantastic because there are multiple scenes written in POV that is not Rudeus really helps flesh out characters.
Sep 24, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2019
Light Novel is a cut above the anime adaptation, which is already pretty great. I suggest just starting from volume 1. It’s not like these are huge long novels, and there’s a lot you don’t get from the anime. You can “know” what happens but reading the LN you’ll have a much more in depth look at why it happens. You’ll come to love and appreciate each character even more. The events that follow this season are insane and fantastic. The story you’ve gotten from the anime so far is still world-building and the real meat of this series is yet to come. You won’t regret reading the LN for sure.
Sep 24, 2023 3:35 PM
Jan 2021
Cyruskilla said:
Should I read the LN? I've never read any LN before, but I'm honestly interested in the story. Tell me your opinion

The pause in the end of part 2 of 86 led me to read light novels in general. I got into reading more, and now I have read the ln for tensei and do recommend it, though you will find that you want to talk with it to others but they only watch the anime (at least that's me)
Sep 24, 2023 4:29 PM
Oct 2012
Personally I think the LN is the best way to enjoy the series. While the majority of the anime is amazing it misses out on a lot of content and character context - the manga is quite easily the worst form of Mushoku Tensei.

That being said, the last few novels dip in quality.
Sep 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Mar 2020
Absolutely. While the anime production so far has been top notch, it’s still always good to read the original material. For instance, the last episode changed a few of the scenes a little. Not enough to ruin the story but some changes I think that didn’t go as well as what was written in the LN. But do give them a shot.
Rose Hurricane!
Sep 24, 2023 4:48 PM
Feb 2023
Yes, I'm not a huge reader myself, but the light novels just kinda sucked me in. they are extremely well written and give so many small details about the world that is left unsaid in the show. I do not recommend the manga at all. honestly, I usually prefer them due to the visual media, but it is a poor adaptation at best.
Sep 24, 2023 4:51 PM
Feb 2023
BerriesSan said:
thats a chill volume

why in the world would you start so late in the manga? there is so much world building and scenes that are left out of the anime that you would be super confused if you just picked up there. this is a story that's best read from the beginning. If not, you are missing out on a lot.
Sep 24, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 2022
Yes, yes and yes, the LN has massively more context and lore, there are several details and dialogues that they fail to put in the anime because the LN is gigantic
Sep 24, 2023 6:41 PM
Aug 2022
Yes. It´s a Masterpiece.
But start from Vol. 1, don´t skip anything as it´s a lot deeper than the anime. Don´t look for spoilers.
Once you are done with them, go for the Side Stories and Redundancy.
You will not be dissapointed.
Sep 24, 2023 7:13 PM

Aug 2019
I haven't read the lns, only the wn. But if you're interested in the story then do read it. It's easily one of the best novels I've read till date.

Sep 24, 2023 8:03 PM
Mar 2019
Funnily enough, I was in the same boat as you back when the 1st season ended. MT was my first LN, and I devoured it.

So yeah, I'd say you'll enjoy it. And starting from the very start is worth it.
Sep 25, 2023 12:25 AM
Dec 2022
Cyruskilla said:

after season 2 part 1 the story ended in Vol. 9. I recently re-read it again so around pg. 155 the scene where Fritz fell over Rudy came. I highly recommend you to read it from there as the cave scene has lot more than shown in anime.
You will definitely not regret it
Sep 25, 2023 10:48 AM

Sep 2023
Start from the beginning. It's worth it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.