Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2023 4:32 PM

Jul 2011
Dickegrobe said:
This episode displayed one of the story's flaws. Especially the villains will often try to talk their opponents to death with endless explanations absolutely nobody asked for. Classic shounen move.
Yeah, lots of anime/movies could be significantly improved if ditching villains/heroes bad habit of talking instead of acting :)
Aug 3, 2023 8:27 PM

Sep 2021
The action was great. The comedy was great. The mystery is super intriguing. An outstanding episode!

Helck will have a lot of explaining to do, but it seems there will be plenty of time for that while he's on (forced) vacation with Vermillio.
I hope Hyura and the others are okay. There should still be a few winged knights in the castle after all.

I love how Hyura got to show off today. And Vermillio's magic was so cool. And between all the fights for survival, even the jokes kept coming one after another!

And the ending segment was the best part. Hon is probably the funniest character in the show!
Aug 4, 2023 7:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
With an unprecedented turn of events coming from a suspicious fight with human winged people and a mysterious teleporter we find Vermillio and Helck in a middle of a beach and no idea about this hero awakening trend that the humans apprently are a part of. The one who also spoke of a certain path and though Helck defended them I doubt he's still going to fight the demons. It's still all a mystery that we'll see how it unfolds.

Suspicious episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 4, 2023 10:19 AM
Dec 2020
KanameYuuki said:
So many mysteries and questions!!! I'm really digging this show.
Then you'll really love what's to come if you're intrigued on the mysteries.

FunnyPunch said:
I wish the episode had more movement. It isn't very high quality. That being said it is very direct adaptation of Manga. My only worry is that at such pace they might have trouble covering it in 24 episodes. They seem to be doing 3 chapters for episode. Helck is slightly above 100 chapters plus a lot of in-between content. So 36 episodes might be closer to covering everything - including a lot of important Omake.

I do wonder if they will bring some resolutions that Manga didn't finish to an end, but with 24 episodes I doubt it. I hope that at least with anime a lot more people will read Manga.
I also don't think they'll be able to cover the whole manga with this pacing. if they rush it at the end they'll destroy this anime
Koito91Aug 14, 2023 3:10 PM
Aug 4, 2023 12:21 PM
May 2021
Mystery about humans increasing now. I am really liking this series so far
Aug 4, 2023 7:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah Helck knew about the winged knight leader and even knew the detail about those person, the awakening process they got through, and the effect if you kills them. Too bad its all gone wrong when the gate seal was broken for real whatever the one that stabbed it to him, and Varmilio-chan with Helck got sucked into an unknown territory which pretty sure its a part of the human realm. Many seems disliking the direction of doing exposition over the supposed-to-be an intense. Fear not for me, as am quite an old folks, i can understand this kind of direction to not be surprising anymore and might enjoy every little bit of scene they did, especially by how the after-credit one showed me a little intermezzo behind the short hair of Varmilio-chan. Yes Azudora, short hair works fine with her too!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 4, 2023 10:34 PM

May 2022
Outstanding episode from what seems to be an outstanding series! Very fun, detailed characters, world scale seems ample, mystery, great humor, and finally excellent production by way of pacing. They do seem to cover a lot while keeping things entertaining. Cant wait for the next episode!
Aug 4, 2023 11:09 PM

Jul 2021
I was worried when Vermilio got pulled into the gate, thinking it would be a problem but out of all places, is a beach!

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 5, 2023 7:20 AM
Dec 2019
Cool they got transported somewhere. Now they gotta find a way back.
Aug 6, 2023 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
This show is getting extremely better and better! everything is not what it seems to be! you think Helck is the bad guy? nope? but is he also a good guy?  hmmm neither...there's always something that we aren't seeing in face value.
5/5.

Aug 7, 2023 7:25 AM

Jul 2016
Thought the winged dudes were angels invading hell, but they're transformed humans? And Helck hates humans. Hmm...

Anne from Management really just isekai'd with her sworn nemesis on an island. Dunno where this will lead to but I already know it's gonna be fun lol
Aug 8, 2023 1:36 PM

Nov 2009
And now we have Helck x Vermi's date adventure :)

lol

(Vermi finds Helck's "scent" to be comforting... hehe...)

Well, this is getting interesting... so now they have to find a way to return home while figuring out what's going on with the human world.

Also... yes... I also like Vermi with long hair, sadge she had to actually cut her hair :(
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 11, 2023 2:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This episode felt kind of random imo. They're fighting winged knights who turn out to be awakened humans but still aren't that strong, one of them is revealed to be an old buddy of Helck's, who is protected by Helck when uh, that character whatever her name was attacks. Helck then tells her not to kill them for some reason, and then his old buddy is impaled by a sword from on high by one of their own, again, for some reason, then the castle collapses and they all fall to the bottom floor where a portal to the human world happens to be, for some reason, and Helck and Anne from management eventually get sucked into it. That all was a bit rough, but the adventure is just starting, and I think it'll pick itself up again from here on out. Maybe

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 12, 2023 9:32 AM
Jul 2020
This series feels like a bad parody of the demon lord theme. Just watched through the 4 first episodes and each one was hard to watch. the series is trying to be funny but it just ends up being annoying. There is no substance in the series as far as episode 4. just tropes and unfunny bits
Aug 13, 2023 9:43 PM
Dec 2020
big plot twist this episode. I'm glad the tournament is finished now. I hope they explore the mysteries now that the winged knights have been revealed to be humans. I'm still waiting for the part that the manga readers are hyping about

IzanaSolos said:
Helck seemed unperturbed by all of this, indicating that he might be aware of the process. I wonder if this knowledge influenced his decision to join the Demon side. If these winged knights ever reach their full strength, it could be disastrous for others.
I think its pretty much confirm at this point that the transformation of the winged knights is one of the reason helck sided with the demons. I'm very excited for the flashback for that

FunnyPunch said:
I wish the episode had more movement. It isn't very high quality. That being said it is very direct adaptation of Manga. My only worry is that at such pace they might have trouble covering it in 24 episodes. They seem to be doing 3 chapters for episode. Helck is slightly above 100 chapters plus a lot of in-between content. So 36 episodes might be closer to covering everything - including a lot of important Omake.

I do wonder if they will bring some resolutions that Manga didn't finish to an end, but with 24 episodes I doubt it. I hope that at least with anime a lot more people will read Manga.
you think they might do a movie maybe after the 24 ep? because it's looking like 24 eps is not enough to adapt the whole manga

MegamiRem said:
So they have all awakened to hero. Probably did horrible experiements on the heroes and found out how to do that. Killing those angels is bad? Why? They'll be revived and get stronger or something? Is that the process to awaken too?
yo you might have hit the nail on this one. the normal human's awakening is def connected to the hero cless (helck's brother), and that's probably why he had to kill him. 

Stormy_77 said:
Now they get isekai'd ?? Wasn't expecting that.
prolly just transported somewhere in the world. it's bright unlike the demon world so maybe the human world
Koito91Aug 14, 2023 3:10 PM
Aug 14, 2023 1:54 AM

Mar 2007
xRyuk said:
Stormy_77 said:
Now they get isekai'd ?? Wasn't expecting that.
prolly just transported somewhere in the world. it's bright unlike the demon world so maybe the human world
It looks like the human world, but teleporting is always a bit dangerous because you never know where you're going to end up!
Aug 14, 2023 2:05 PM

Apr 2020
Best episode so far. They probably got teleported to the human world
Aug 15, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2017
Hyura is down, and both Kenros and Dorsche must do something to save her skin, though Vermilio will only see the outcome. Turns out, its leader is someone who Helck knows: Edil, though he went through a very rough episode of fusing power to awaken humans in order to take down the demons, which is a problem big enough already now that Vermilio learns of this ability. The Undead Hyura of the Ahald Tribe picks on Edil to prove her claim of being the next Demon Lord, they claim as Heroes, but have only a fraction of that power, it's clear that they have not manifested the full ability yet.

Helck defends Edil, though he got killed by other troops to cause a gate infilled with spatial teleportation magic to the barrier stone and swords from the winged knights. Dorsche finally activated his ability into zen mode, but it won't hold for long, so dealing with the barrier stone is faster from Vermilio's standpoint, and both her and Helck ended up being sucked into the gate with the barrier stone destroyed. The place that both Vermilio and Helck got sucked to is an island of calm and peace.

The extra manga content post-credits of Azudra not wanting Vermilio to cut her hair, it's funny. Even as Ista does the deed as he's losing more blood, he's fine with that too.

So, the both of them in a literal plot twist, Vermilio and Helck's adventure will start next episode.
Aug 15, 2023 8:31 PM
May 2023
Good episode. Did they get isekai'd?
Aug 15, 2023 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
anyways, guess hyura can regenerate her body parts. man, they made it seem hopeless from the cliffhanger in the previous episode. it's pretty obvious helck is on the demon's side despite stopping hyura from attacking the humans. the comedy in this episode with the barrier guy was not funny. "shut up. i'm concentrating." x10. this series is deviating heavily from the typical image of a hero by making all these human knights grow wings and power up with some BS awakening. but the pacing is kinda slow. when will we find out why helck turned against the humans and why? Vermikins cutting her pretty hair after getting rejected by helck.
Aug 21, 2023 4:07 PM
May 2023
The post credit is the best part of the episode. Change my mind
Aug 27, 2023 11:23 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
It would be absolutely busted to have an army of Helck's storm on the demons. If you only just awakened I don't imagine you would want to rush into battle, so it was kind of suspicious for things to go down that route. It appears that they had a Plan B in mind.

Funny how everyone knows who Anne is and does a poor job trying to cover it. Half expected Helck to kick off a rock or something to avoid getting sucked in, but since she's on a beach... yep that doesn't look like the demon world to me. Helck has to be nearby since she was covered by his cape, but huh.

What was once a beat the winged people mission has now turned into a distress scenario. The demon kingdom is going to be under plenty of stress if they don't make it back, but this would be the time for Helck to show her the way home.
Aug 27, 2023 11:44 AM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
This episode was so good i needed to rewatch it to write this comment. Hyura is a total badass, not only is she the only one with any leadership qualities in the team, but she has sword skills to back her up. If Helck didn't exist she should become the next demon king imo. The rest of the contestants are useless as usual. I think the teleportation marks the end of the epilogue and character introduction, now we just need to wait for the plot to unravel and focus on our main duo. I read some comments about dropping this show due to bad quality, but for me it's the story and worldbuilding that is the star of the anime and it's done very good.
Sep 5, 2023 6:10 PM
🇵🇰🇯🇵

Dec 2018
A little misunderstanding and boom. Some scenes are out of my mind, mysteries/questions whatever.
Sep 6, 2023 2:13 AM
Aug 2021
Argh, didn't like this episode at first. Watched it again and yeah the pacing is slow.
Sep 7, 2023 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
slow start in my opinion. i keot watching and get a lot of laughs here and there. but backstory is slowly growing.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
Sep 8, 2023 3:39 PM

Oct 2018
Quite an improvement from the last episode, comedy was nice for the most part.
Sep 9, 2023 5:31 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
That post-credits scene was hilarious. Weird to have it after such a cliffhanger, but I still laughed at Azudra's stupidity. It's just hair, man! It grows back!
Sep 9, 2023 8:38 AM
Feb 2018
Great anime adaptation so far.
Sep 9, 2023 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
Next episode should be great.
Sep 9, 2023 10:43 PM
Nov 2016
o very much interesting this episode. Can't wait for more....
My Candies:
Sep 10, 2023 3:37 AM
Nov 2018
The fight in this episode was definitely interesting. And the plot is certainly moving along so will see what the series has for its future.
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 AM
Oct 2021
good finish. surely next episode going to an epic one..
My Candies :
Sep 10, 2023 7:16 AM

Jan 2012
Best episode so far by a big margin. Finally get some plot development and action.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 10, 2023 10:54 AM
May 2022
Makes you question things
Sep 10, 2023 12:38 PM
Thread creator

Oct 2017
Woah, that portal.
Sep 10, 2023 12:42 PM
🇵🇰🇯🇵

Dec 2018
Reply to zzoyz
good finish. surely next episode going to an epic one..
@zzoyz yes, I also liked the ending. It was such an epic one
Sep 10, 2023 1:11 PM
Dec 2022
Looks like the real Dark Souls starts now.
I am really enjoying this show, but the production I feel is holding this one back, a bit like Mashle last season. I may go and check out the source material after the season is done.
Oct 4, 2023 10:01 PM

Jul 2023
Thoughts: Everything isnt quite explained well maybe its just a translation thing and the fighting animation is quite lazy. Though im only here for the comedy and characters.
Summary: The appeared leader takes of his helmet and its revealed helck knows them and that the winged knights are awakened humans. The participant the got her arms shopped off regrew her arms and beat the leader, but the floor under them all breaks and they fall to a underground layer where a teleportation gate appears. Lady vermille trys breaking the energy source and was successful but she got hit by an object into the gate, helck jumps in the gate with her before it closes.
Oct 7, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2021
Luckily that She have a good regenerative abilities :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2023 12:51 PM
Mar 2012
I love it I love it I love it
Jan 22, 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
Azudra had exactly my reaction. She does look very nice even with the shorter hair
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 10, 10:41 PM
Jun 2022
Another Miss , Tsk Couple More Then Done.
Apr 30, 10:08 PM
Oct 2021
I'm extremely disappointed with the studio for butchering such amazing fights at their core. Really takes away the appeal and stakes of everything happening. I'm appalled by this outcome. I'm not sure if the source material featured any of these so I'm in no position to criticize but these scenes had so much potential.
May 27, 10:43 PM

Feb 2019
helck looked like he figured out what was going on, but really, when will he start sharing deets about why he suddenly switched sides and is now hating humans?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 29, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 29, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 29, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 29, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 28, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.