Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2023 10:23 PM

Jun 2011
Watched it in Japan - Ikebukuro Sunshine grand cinema. We got a mini flash light key chain with the movie title on it.
The movie itself was a nice take on what if all the main characters were together.
Leon as always hard carried.. Jill comes second.
Rebecca her sole existence to cure the party. But she's a cutie so gets a pass.
Redfields meh.
Alot of action in the movie. The main villian was interesting till his lame end.
6.5/10 

Jul 13, 2023 7:12 PM
Apr 2018
The movie released today in Mexico, it was everything I expected. Tons of fan service, action scenes, cheesy lines and tons of guns and explosions, I liked a lot
Jul 23, 2023 11:31 PM

Mar 2007
That was a lot of military vs. zombies action packed fun. Exciting and satisfying.

The animators who worked on Jill need a raise, the expressions and all looked quite realistic. Great job.

Nice to see all 4 major characters - Chris, Claire, Jill and Leon together in the same film.

Leon hard carried most of it. I felt bad at the start when he said "I loved that bike!" Awww.

What is the name of that martial arts kick he did around the 1:12:35 mark? Not exactly a spinning back kick, maybe some martial arts fan can tell me? It looked fabulous. Now wondering if it's a real kick that they teach, because it's practical, or whether it is one of those "looks cool but never use this in a real fight" like the Guyver Kick that Scott Adkins (Yuri Boyka) made famous for modern audiences.

Jul 24, 2023 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
I actually like the movie, second favorite from the CGI ones. Damnation is still my favorite.

Yes the story and pace is all over the place. But i was expecting fanservice and got a lot of fanservice.

The characters were pretty much like they are in the games, like Leon with cheese jokes, Jill hot super cop etc. Also full of references from past games, even locations and weapons. So for that i think the movie was good
Jul 26, 2023 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
it lacks cool martial arts kung fu fighting like Vendetta did but still very good

as Jill said the main villain in this movie is stupid since he wants to kill everyone because he feels guilty on killing his best friend that was commanded by corrupt evil elites

only Ada Wong is missing on the main girls i think but sure glad Jill is finally part of the 3DCG movies of this franchise and Jill is sexy hot
Jul 28, 2023 12:56 AM

Aug 2011
god damn cap coom can't stop the horny remake jill attention
Jul 28, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2021
It was kinda of more of the same, but a little less cheesy than Vendetta. Damnation is still the best RE CGI movie.
Jul 29, 2023 1:06 AM

Mar 2012
This new movie is very awesome!!👍🏻👍🏻 Go team!!👏🏻👏🏻

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Jul 31, 2023 12:49 AM

Apr 2022
At this point the resident evil films are basically just fast and furious movies with zombies in them.

Honestly, this is one franchise that just does not work in movie form at all. I’ll just stick to the games.
Jul 31, 2023 2:53 PM
Jul 2014
Runasius said:
At this point the resident evil films are basically just fast and furious movies with zombies in them.

Honestly, this is one franchise that just does not work in movie form at all. I’ll just stick to the games.
yep i dislike realistic cgi over animated/game format because my subconscious tends to take the realism standard to a higher level and just tears through the plot holes and plot armor. from injuries to little detail that i personally experienced in real life like how certain guns should sound. takes away from the enjoyment and immersion.
Aug 6, 2023 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
i thought it was cool to see all the main characters again but that was the highlight, the action was kinda lame an the story wasnt interesting

also Jill shouldnt look like she came out of RE3 
Aug 6, 2023 9:26 PM

Apr 2022
silversaint said:
i thought it was cool to see all the main characters again but that was the highlight, the action was kinda lame an the story wasnt interesting

also Jill shouldnt look like she came out of RE3 

I don’t really get why they don’t just use Resident Evil 4 remake Leon instead. Infinite darkness existed and used both Leon and Claire from the remakes, so why not just do that?
Aug 10, 2023 8:20 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
Finally got to watch this movie and it was pretty cheesy but not as fun as I would've imagined. Seeing Jill back in action after the events of RE5 was pretty neat, her new model is also very pretty but it's not Julia Voth levels of stunning.

I love all of these characters but this crossover was quite lackluster in terms of character development or at least a new arc. Didn't see anything I didn't know before from Leon, the Redfields and Rebecca, only Jill had some development to her character. The villain was extremely forgettable and his plan and motivations were extremely dumb even for RE standards.

The CG animation was incredible as usual even though the action wasn't as entertaining as the other movies. Hope we get to see this group back in a better written adventure (or game, please Capcom, I'm tired of Ethan lol)
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Aug 19, 2023 3:25 AM
Oct 2020
Got to watching it a month late, but worth the hype.

Glad to see everyone finally interact with people. Glad to see Leon and Jill meet for the first time in a proper debut.

10/10
Aug 31, 2023 4:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a very simple plot!!! kekeke
Oct 14, 2023 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
The gunshot sounds so good!
Maria and Jill were so hot during their fight scenes! I wish I could get my hands on Maria's corpse. I want to eat her!

This was a good action movie, and the animation quality is excellent! I can even see Jill's blemishes, etc. The story started excellent. It's too bad it fell apart when the villain became dumbass, especially after he made that monologue. I wish he transformed into something cooler, like a Tyrant. Also, he had every advantage to make his plan successful, but he threw it all away for no reason. Nonetheless, watching the all-star cast do everything possible to beat a giant monster was cool.

I like the villain's plans. I also want to eliminate 90% of the world's population to restart human society. Then, we can rebuild it into a utopia where everyone is equal, wealth is equally distributed, and only people with the best genes can populate the world. Everything will be controlled to a tee to maintain peace for as long as possible!
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 PM

Feb 2013

Coulda just called it Fanservice Island.
Kind of your typical rollercoaster drop. Started off a bit slow, then got good with the classic separation and survival elements of the franchise but then slowed down and really suffered from a lack of expansion on the villain. Decent enough watch to pass the time while my pillows dried.
Jan 18, 7:55 AM

Mar 2019
I found this villain pretty pathetic to be honest, but it was cool to see the hot Jill in action, it was a fun movie to pass the time... ( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤──

More topics from this board

» Resident Evil: Death Island CG Animated Film's Trailer Reveals July 7 Debut in Japan

deg - Apr 11, 2023

6 by borkaa93 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.