Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which fate series have better ending......
Jul 6, 2023 7:54 AM

Nov 2021
I want to start fate series but I have a lot of questions anyone who knows please let me know......
• Does fate anime has multiple endings like visual novel (for example does fate ubw or other fate series like fate zero, fate heaven's feel anime has two or multiple endings)
• I am personally not a big fan of sad endings so please let me know which fate series have good endings.....I searched this on google too but it is pretty confusing because most of the time it tells about visual novel I just don't understand......
I really would appreciate the help....... 

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 6, 2023 7:57 AM

Jun 2016
The way they handled the different endings is by putting each one in a different series.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 6, 2023 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
neel_senpai said:
Does fate anime has multiple endings like visual novel (for example does fate ubw or other fate series like fate zero, fate heaven's feel anime has two or multiple endings)

Yes.
Each Routes is a whole different scenario coming from the same base.
And each of them have 1 or 2 end , on top of a lot of "Bad End" you can get by making crappy choices.

neel_senpai said:
I am personally not a big fan of sad endings so please let me know which fate series have good endings.....I searched this on google too but it is pretty confusing because most of the time it tells about visual novel I just don't understand......

None of those adapted in the Animes are happy or sad , they are all extremely bittersweet.
One of the theme of the series is fate/destiny , after all.
The most satisfying one is the Fate Route ending , with the Epilogue.

Edit : As for which one to watch , the 3 Routes build-up on the previous one , so you have to watch them all and in order if you want the full picture.
If you want a complete order , for the whole franchise :

Alexioos95Jul 6, 2023 8:08 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 6, 2023 8:04 AM
Dec 2021
neel_senpai said:
I want to start fate series but I have a lot of questions anyone who knows please let me know......
• Does fate anime has multiple endings like visual novel (for example does fate ubw or other fate series like fate zero, fate heaven's feel anime has two or multiple endings)
• I am personally not a big fan of sad endings so please let me know which fate series have good endings.....I searched this on google too but it is pretty confusing because most of the time it tells about visual novel I just don't understand......

1. yes it does
2. ubw and heaven’s feel both have good endings (idk about the fate route i haven’t read/watched it). ubw has 2 endings, one is the normal one and the other is called “sunny day”. sunny day is the more happy ending.
Jul 6, 2023 8:06 AM
Dec 2016
If you're interested in Fate series, watching all of these 3 - Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel & Fate/Zero- are kinda mandatory.

If you just want to avoid ending on a sad note, maybe try watching Unlimited Blade Works first (introduces you to the world, characters & setting in the most beginner friendly way), then Fate Zero (a PREQUEL to ALL 3 routes of Fate Stay Night, so some might even recommend watching it LAST - but because you specifically said you wanted to avoid ending on a sad note, I'd say let Fate/Zero just be the middle, "tragic flashback" chapter that SETS up "Heaven's Feel"... DO NOT SKIP Fate/Zero though because it easily has the best writing, characters & direction in the ENTIRE Fate franchise).

Then finally end with the Heaven's Feel movies, which though REALLY dark, at least ends on a relatively more positive note.
Jul 6, 2023 8:08 AM

Jan 2021
It's recommended to watch UBW and Heaven's Feel first, and then Zero. If you've seen Jujutsu Kaisen, you'd know how the zero thing works. Similar to how JJK 0 is a prequel film, Fate/Zero is also a prequel to the other three. Some people recommend watching it first, it's your choice either way. Once you watch all three, you'll get the big picture. The 2006 anime has dated animation, but OSTs are incredible, so there's that if you want more.

As for the happy ending thing, 2006 is bittersweet, UBW is happy enough, Heaven's Feel is quite dark with a happy ending, and Zero is a straight up tragedy.
Jul 6, 2023 8:15 AM
Feb 2022
there is no way in hell i em explaning to you how this all works
Jul 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Nov 2021
neel_senpai said:

Just go in this order
2006 - UBW - HF - ZERO

There is nothing more to ask in this, you will understand after watching.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 6, 2023 8:27 AM
Feb 2021
Fate/Zero is a prequel to the other three. That’s where I started, but it spoils some plot points (supposedly. I’m not sure what got spoiled) while all three routes spoil it. I would recommend, however, that you save the Heaven’s Feel trilogy for last, and maybe skip Stay Night since it sucks from what I’ve heard.
Jul 6, 2023 8:31 AM

Feb 2011
Just watch Fate Zero. Then read the visual novel if you enjoyed it.
Jul 6, 2023 9:07 AM
Mar 2015
Watch Fate Zero, then UBW, then Heavens Feel. Easy
Jul 6, 2023 9:29 AM
Jan 2020
neel_senpai said:

I’m not familiar with the spin-off series, but all the mainline fate routes are sad. They are just sad in different ways.

Just watch Fate/Stay Night (2006), UBW Tv series, HF movie Trilogy, then Zero.
Jul 6, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2021
Theo1899 said:
The way they handled the different endings is by putting each one in a different series.

then suppose I started watching heaven's feel ....
will it have one ending or two endings???

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 6, 2023 10:00 AM

Jun 2016
neel_senpai said:
Theo1899 said:

It only has the one ending. The other "good" ending from Heaven's feel is not adapted anywhere as far as I know.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 6, 2023 10:03 AM

Mar 2023
Best way would be to read stay night vn first, which adapts 3 routes: fate route, ubw route and hf route. Zero is a prequel.
If you are going anime only, I would recommend zero, then ubw, then heaven feel.
There is really no way to go about without compromise on anime only, because fate route has no good adaptation and I feel this is the least jarring as animation improves steadily and the amount of spoilers from starting with either zero or ubw is still about the same. Btw, alternative is ubw, then hf, then zero. But most, including I, would still recommend starting from zero on anime only.
watsymJul 6, 2023 10:08 AM
Jul 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2021
Theo1899 said:
neel_senpai said:

It only has the one ending. The other "good" ending from Heaven's feel is not adapted anywhere as far as I know.

is that ending happy or sad .??

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 6, 2023 10:09 AM

Mar 2023
neel_senpai said:
Theo1899 said:

The one adapted is the happier one. I would say the one not adapted into anime is the saddest ending imo
watsymJul 6, 2023 10:12 AM
Jul 6, 2023 10:31 AM
Mar 2022
Don’t know how fate zero had the best ending to people. Maybe the most depressing but best?
Jul 6, 2023 10:33 AM

Jan 2017
Philleotardo1954 said:
Don’t know how fate zero had the best ending to people. Maybe the most depressing but best?

Depressing = good , atleast for a lot of peoples.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 6, 2023 10:34 AM

Nov 2021
watsym said:
neel_senpai said:

The one adapted is the happier one. I would say the one not adapted into anime is the saddest ending imo

ok thanks..... I am gonna watch heaven's feel from now....
see you again 👋

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 6, 2023 10:40 AM

Mar 2023
Philleotardo1954 said:

Fr. I think some people read and voted based on the first post instead of question, picking where to start, so result came up weird.
Zero's ending doesn't feel as much as an ending, since the story just continues into fate/ubw/hf routes.
Jul 6, 2023 10:43 AM
Mar 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Philleotardo1954 said:

Edge doesn’t equal good. Even if it’s the best show. (Spoiler) castor literally kills children. But alright if you say so
Jul 6, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2016
neel_senpai said:
watsym said:

see you again 👋

Bhai, you won't even understand most of Heaven's Feel if it's your very first Fate series/movie. Watch at least Unlimited Blade Works before it.
Jul 6, 2023 10:54 AM

Nov 2021
Arjun_Manoj said:
neel_senpai said:

see you again 👋

Bhai, you won't even understand most of Heaven's Feel if it's your very first Fate series/movie. Watch at least Unlimited Blade Works before it.

ok thanks for the advice really appreciate it😄

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 6, 2023 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
Philleotardo1954 said:
Alexioos95 said:

Edge doesn’t equal good. Even if it’s the best show. (Spoiler) castor literally kills children. But alright if you say so

or to be more accurate.
caster and his master mutilate children.
Read the visual novel nerd
Jul 6, 2023 1:51 PM
Dec 2022
Dude watxh zero then UBW then heavens feel then apocrypha then grand order
Jul 6, 2023 5:44 PM
Mar 2022
I thought UBW has the best ending because I rlly liked rin and shirou together
Jul 6, 2023 9:24 PM
Apr 2020
neel_senpai said:

I’ll just make it simple for you, there are 3 routes: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel. Fate Zero works as a prequel to all three of these Fate you could call the mainline ( They are not actually the mainline, they are just the original and popular ones, there is no such a thing as a mainline in the fate universe, every fate is THE mainline) I would highly recommend you to watch UBW first, then Fate Zero, then the Heaven’s Feel movies and then you can watch the other “side” Fate animes(if you don’t want to watch all of them it’s okay, just watch Apocrypha and Grand Order because they are GOATED)

End of the most simple Fate explanation you’ll ever get, honestly is not that complicated as people make it sound
Jul 7, 2023 3:54 AM

Nov 2021
NagiNoAsu-Fan said:
neel_senpai said:

I’ll just make it simple for you, there are 3 routes: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel. Fate Zero works as a prequel to all three of these Fate you could call the mainline ( They are not actually the mainline, they are just the original and popular ones, there is no such a thing as a mainline in the fate universe, every fate is THE mainline) I would highly recommend you to watch UBW first, then Fate Zero, then the Heaven’s Feel movies and then you can watch the other “side” Fate animes(if you don’t want to watch all of them it’s okay, just watch Apocrypha and Grand Order because they are GOATED)

End of the most simple Fate explanation you’ll ever get, honestly is not that complicated as people make it sound

yeah after hearing you I pretty much understand everything.....
thanks, really appreciate it

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 7, 2023 3:55 AM

Nov 2021
FactualTakes12 said:

does ubw also have happy ending like Rin and Shirou end up together ⁉️

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 7, 2023 6:04 AM
Jan 2020
neel_senpai said:
FactualTakes12 said:

I mean to an extent all the routes Fate, UBW, and HF have a “happy” ending but also has tragic undertones.
Jul 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Nov 2021
zckfox said:
neel_senpai said:

I mean to an extent all the routes Fate, UBW, and HF have a “happy” ending but also has tragic undertones.

it broke my heart 💔😢

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jul 7, 2023 3:21 PM
Mar 2022
neel_senpai said:
FactualTakes12 said:

Yea I said that lol
Jul 8, 2023 11:38 PM

Nov 2021
FactualTakes12 said:
neel_senpai said:

Yea I said that lol

sorry my bad .......😅

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.