Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2023 4:53 PM
Apr 2011
ThreeTwenty said:
Honestly Monster has the global impact potential of a Breaking Bad! Truly a top tier storyline.

i agree!! monster is one of my favorite anime, and the BB & BCS Universe are some of my fave television. I feel like if they got the right directors for, I could see cinematic similarities between the two that would make a live action Monster a success.
Jul 12, 2023 11:10 PM
Mar 2022
it's really underrated. It's impossible a big producer will interested with the anime. If it's really happening, i'm not really hope too much beacuse it will be a bit different from the original story and i'm not really sure the atmosphere of the anime series will be the same if the real life adaptation really produced. But it will be really amazing if there's any great/big producer will work on it.
Jul 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Apr 2023
I don't know. I'm just not that keen on live action anime, because most of them sucked.

To be fair, there have been decent live action anime like Kingdom.

Another concern of mine is that the series will just get overly milked to the point that it's robbed of what makes it great, especially if it's Disney doing it (although I doubt it will). Naoki Urasawa's work is too good to be reduced to product.

My last concern is, of course, stuffing. Even if they don't adapt the entire series into one movie, they'll still have to stuff a lot, which means cutting parts out. But that doesn't mean it won't be good. Kingdom had to cut some parts out but they still did a decent job adapting the manga.

They should probably have Naoki Urasawa somehow involved like how Eiichiro Oda is involved with the live action One Piece. Possibly one of the reasons why Netflix's Cowboy Bebop is (justifiably) hated is bc Shinichiro Watanabe played no role in the making of the remake, and he's talked about how much he loathes it.
FukokuJul 21, 2023 7:48 PM
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Jul 28, 2023 4:01 AM
May 2020
Fukoku said:
I don't know. I'm just not that keen on live action anime, because most of them sucked.

To be fair, there have been decent live action anime like Kingdom.

Another concern of mine is that the series will just get overly milked to the point that it's robbed of what makes it great, especially if it's Disney doing it (although I doubt it will). Naoki Urasawa's work is too good to be reduced to product.

My last concern is, of course, stuffing. Even if they don't adapt the entire series into one movie, they'll still have to stuff a lot, which means cutting parts out. But that doesn't mean it won't be good. Kingdom had to cut some parts out but they still did a decent job adapting the manga.

They should probably have Naoki Urasawa somehow involved like how Eiichiro Oda is involved with the live action One Piece. Possibly one of the reasons why Netflix's Cowboy Bebop is (justifiably) hated is bc Shinichiro Watanabe played no role in the making of the remake, and he's talked about how much he loathes it.
You have some interesting points, and tbh I agree with all of them. Mainly the fact that the story / it's objective might get lost in translation
Jul 31, 2023 5:23 PM
Aug 2019
maybe if they get the right actors, why not
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

160 by Finn086 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

204 by Finn086 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

139 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 1, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

95 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 1, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

104 by AdomaniaP »»
Jun 1, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.