Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 29, 2023 9:58 AM
Apr 2020
Loved this season. Not quite to the level of season 1 (a legit 10/10 in my book), but damn close. I really enjoyed how they were laying the groundwork for the next cour in October. Cannot wait for the 2nd half of season 2. 9/10 for me
Jun 29, 2023 4:33 PM

Mar 2021
Noooo, its the third anime I watch this season that cuts like this, with a part 2, whyuuuu !

Im so intrigued but also so confused, this academy is so weird, some bad things are hapenning in the shadow, always
And I still dont get Philomela, cant understand this character, I guess she's shy and all but there's something else

Hype to see whats next
Jun 30, 2023 11:11 AM
Nov 2015
I can't describe how much of a disappointment it was. After a long time, it was one of the rare series that I was excited about saying "yeah... finally the sequel season is coming". I could predict that would be behind back in technical details and directing aspects compared to his first season. But I was very disappointed in terms of the story and the main theme. If I were to choose that the 2023 Spring season is an anime that shines and is the best, I would choose Mahoutsukai no Yome season two.

Except for part of the middle of the anime where the dialogues of Chise and Elias and either one or a few episode after that where Alice pours out his heart to Chise episode, there was no part that I liked.

So in summary, in the season where the told about school story, I didn't like any episode about of the school. The only reason I like those 1-2 episodes is because of the nostalgic feelings I have for what I watched in 2017. (I watched the first season currently in Fall 2017.)

Will I watch the sequel of the secound season? Of course I will watch. Let's see how much worse they can do.
Jul 3, 2023 2:40 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah, as a manga reader when I found out they were going split cour with this I figured this would probably be the stopping point they'd go with, it makes sense. I will say experiencing the first portion of this arc animated was more enjoyable than reading it, where it came across as at times kinda slow and dry. It's funny though, Volume 18 of the manga comes out here in just a couple days, and judging by where 17, the last I read/own currently, left off we're finally gonna be getting the climax of this arc. I look forward to reading it and then seeing it animated in the Fall lol.

That aside I normally don't even bother to comment on the first half of split cour seasons of shows. It feels kinda pointless since I like to save my thoughts for the end, but I will say I think on the whole I enjoyed the story more or less as much as in the first season. Solid 8/10.
Jul 4, 2023 5:06 AM

Jan 2014
here I thought we get to see who's the villain, and yet they did it again, left it hanging for 2nd cour.
Jul 5, 2023 3:34 AM
Jun 2023
I can't wait for Season 3. Also the big eye at the end of the episode reminded me of LOTR and the Eye of Sauron. I think season 3 is going to be absolutely epic!!!!
Jul 8, 2023 11:36 AM
Dec 2022
I really like it. I recommend.
Jul 10, 2023 11:55 AM

Dec 2018
definitely more of a character development focused season, and still many questions.
Jul 16, 2023 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
Lucy and Zoe was unexpected, but Isaac pulling Philomela away like that just made me giggle. o(〃^▽^〃)o
I thought it was Chise at first, but color me surprise! My, oh my. Just loving this group around our MC.
I literally jumped out of my seat. It's been a while since I reacted in such a youthful way. xD
Too bad we were left hanging about the true mastermind behind all bad things going on.
Well, obviously Philomela's grandmother has something to do with it thought.

Still, loved every single episode. It was just as amazing 
as the 1st season, so I'm excited for the 3rd. (^///^)

9/10 for me! Easily one of the best series this season!
YukiTsubakiJul 16, 2023 5:39 PM
Jul 19, 2023 11:49 PM
Mar 2016
hm. season 1 have 24 episodes and this type of anime is not really my style because it's talking a lot and no fighting like other shonen does. season 1 was aired in 2017 and I watched it at that time. how the hell if I can remember all of the events that happening in that season 1. oh well. who care? the anime is not worthy to do a refreshing so I just crew the spoiler and watch season 2. Not to mention I'm fully time employee. doubt I have time to refresh memory from anime that I do not interested.
Jul 20, 2023 9:12 AM
Mar 2016
currently reached episode 6. hmm. this college arc is much longer than I thought. unlike in season 1 it's like an adventure with a lot of arc within those 24 episodes. why every anime with season 2 or sequel are always having 1 longest arc of all time. the same goes for to your eternity in which season 2 is like just 1 longest arc while season 1 is like an adventure with a lot of arcs within those season 1.
Jul 24, 2023 9:06 PM

Jun 2007
Cool season.

It stands to reason that it can't be like season 1 due to Chise not being so defenceless and unknowing anymore.
I don't really get the complaints in reviews that it's just oh so different to season 1, the style is identical as well as the magical stuff etc.
Did people really want Chise to sit in that house for 20 more seasons with every problem just randomly arriving at their door?
I really hope she becomes even more capable.
Aug 6, 2023 4:54 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing really happened this season.
Aug 14, 2023 4:04 PM

Aug 2019
god damnit it ended :(
since only the ones who have killed could see the plants who have the cousins killed. and since when could Cartaphilus just take over chises whole body like that.

i think i prefered s1 more so far. this has way more characters which is good but it also means less chise and i think chises developement has been the most interesting part of the show
HiljainenSipuliAug 14, 2023 4:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2023 9:26 PM

Jul 2008
Well everyone got some progression here, but no resolution. I'm liking the principal and the cats a lot more.

There is more coming right? Otherwise its a terrible end.

8/10 for me.
Oct 8, 2023 9:33 PM
Dec 2022
The waste tower feels more like a dungeon in the isekai world. Philomena's grandmother is someone to watch out for.

Now to the second cour. Hope it won't be long.
Nov 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
Alice's trick-or-treat was awesome! Haha!
The shadow forms of those cats looked badass!

So Fabio is not the enemy. It looks like he has a different agenda. I still wonder who the real opponents are and what they are trying to achieve. Is it the Sargant family? I'm looking forward to what happens in part 2.
Nov 7, 2023 3:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mysterious continues and the person/persons under all is the shadows!!!
Cool the caith sith!!!

kekeke
Feb 26, 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
I expected a bit more conflict for the final episode, was all rather mellow.

Overall simply a sequel of the first season, very similar feeling. I would've liked to see a bit more school life and only get to the real plot in part 2, but oh well. 6/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

32 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

31 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2023

36 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 9:20 AM

» Will we get a beach episode?

Catalano - May 24, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.