Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2023 3:54 PM

Jun 2014

Jul 6, 2023 6:20 AM
Apr 2022
Is honestly not bad but the original just has a different vibe if that makes any sense
Jul 6, 2023 12:49 PM

Feb 2020
UnAlive is still the only good song I have ever heard from her.
Jul 6, 2023 2:35 PM
Apr 2022
Serafos said:
UnAlive is still the only good song I have ever heard from her.

Yeah true with her and Garu (if I am thinking of the right one)
Jul 7, 2023 1:55 PM
Wannabe Idol ✌ ♥

Jan 2018
Who is this girl? Does she have any connection to the original?

Did you hear me?
I said I'm gonna do my best!!
Jul 9, 2023 8:48 PM
Oct 2013
ricejelly said:
Vtuber. No connection at all, it's just a cover. And the video was made by just two people (YUNARUN, MIU) who are not in studios or anything like that (like a fan video). I have no idea why they put it in the database, you can find hundreds more covers of this song on YouTube.
kagerou__Jul 9, 2023 10:08 PM
Jul 11, 2023 12:44 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
She sang better in the One Piece egghead volume trailer.
Jul 13, 2023 8:30 AM
Wannabe Idol ✌ ♥

Jan 2018
lost_time said:
ricejelly said:
Vtuber. No connection at all, it's just a cover. And the video was made by just two people (YUNARUN, MIU) who are not in studios or anything like that (like a fan video). I have no idea why they put it in the database, you can find hundreds more covers of this song on YouTube.

Thank you! I’m pretty out of the loop on the vtuber thing.

Did you hear me?
I said I'm gonna do my best!!
Jul 13, 2023 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
To be honest, I like this version of the MV (the video itself) better than the original one.

lost_time said:
ricejelly said:
Considering the music video was made under the Hololive company, and assuming the most likely had to get the approval from the rights holder to make it (Universal Music Japan is listed as a producer), this still counts as profesional animation, despite being a cover. The other covers aren't made by companies and usually don't even have animated MVs accompanying them anyway.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 13, 2023 12:49 PM
Oct 2013
abystoma2 said:
To be honest, I like this version of the MV (the video itself) better than the original one.

lost_time said:
Considering the music video was made under the Hololive company, and assuming the most likely had to get the approval from the rights holder to make it (Universal Music Japan is listed as a producer), this still counts as profesional animation, despite being a cover. The other covers aren't made by companies and usually don't even have animated MVs accompanying them anyway.
We don't know all this. The only information we know about this video is recorded in the credits. In the description of the video there is basically only information about her albums SINDERELLA and JIGOKU 6, not related to the cover. The only information about the video that we know from the description is <Original by YOASOBI Vocals by Mori Calliope Instrumental by https://twitter.com/haidl_live Mixed by https://twitter.com/yoshi_kennn Art and MV by https://twitter.com/Yunaree Logo by https://twitter.com/Spiritsnare> Maybe Universal didn't produce the song and it doesn't look like these people are officially workied on animation or anything like that. But I maybe wrong, I'm not exactly sure how anime gets into the database. I just think this video shouldn't be. I have also seen many animated covers from Hololive, but they are not added to the database.
kagerou__Jul 13, 2023 8:57 PM
Jul 13, 2023 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
lost_time said:
abystoma2 said:

We don't know all this. The only information we know about this video is recorded in the credits. In the description of the video, there is basically only information about her albums SINDERELLA and JIGOKU 6, not related to the cover. The only information about the video that we know from the description is <Original by YOASOBI Vocals by Mori Calliope Instrumental by https://twitter.com/haidl_live Mixed by https://twitter.com/yoshi_kennn Art and MV by https://twitter.com/Yunaree Logo by https://twitter.com/Spiritsnare> Maybe Universal didn't produce the song, and it doesn't look like these people are officially workied on animation or anything like that. But I maybe wrong, I'm not exactly sure how anime gets into the database. I just think this video shouldn't be. I have also seen many animated covers from Hololive, but they are not added to the database.
We know that Mori Calliope's channel is owned by Hololive Production, which must greenlit projects like this, so this is at least financially produced by Hololive, which makes it a professional comission for those artists.

From what I remember, the other "animated" covers are msotly just still pictures with effects, so they don't qualify as they aren't animated enough (this was the reason that entry of Hololive's LUVORATORRRRRY cover was rejected, for example).

Jul 13, 2023 8:06 PM
Oct 2013
abystoma2 said:
lost_time said:
We don't know all this. The only information we know about this video is recorded in the credits. In the description of the video, there is basically only information about her albums SINDERELLA and JIGOKU 6, not related to the cover. The only information about the video that we know from the description is <Original by YOASOBI Vocals by Mori Calliope Instrumental by https://twitter.com/haidl_live Mixed by https://twitter.com/yoshi_kennn Art and MV by https://twitter.com/Yunaree Logo by https://twitter.com/Spiritsnare> Maybe Universal didn't produce the song, and it doesn't look like these people are officially workied on animation or anything like that. But I maybe wrong, I'm not exactly sure how anime gets into the database. I just think this video shouldn't be. I have also seen many animated covers from Hololive, but they are not added to the database.
We know that Mori Calliope's channel is owned by Hololive Production, which must greenlit projects like this, so this is at least financially produced by Hololive, which makes it a professional comission for those artists.

From what I remember, the other "animated" covers are msotly just still pictures with effects, so they don't qualify as they aren't animated enough (this was the reason that entry of Hololive's LUVORATORRRRRY cover was rejected, for example).
Many covers of the song "強風オールバック" looks quite animated. Does this mean that any person involved in some kind of official activity and uploading any animation on YouTube that is not known how created can be added to the database?
Jul 13, 2023 8:17 PM

Aug 2020
Stop bumping this garbage please
lost_time said:
abystoma2 said:

Many covers of the song "強風オールバック" looks quite animated. Does this mean that any person involved in some kind of official activity and uploading any animation on YouTube that is not known how created can be added to the database?

Its just a hololive simp with administrative power in MAL really.

I mean, theres PLENTY of actual animated JP youtube stuff out there thats not on here, but a bandwagoner cover of a song thats barely months old is here? Its clear as day.
Keep scrolling
Jul 14, 2023 12:34 AM

Nov 2013
RobertsahDHDA said:
Its just a hololive simp with administrative power in MAL really.

I mean, theres PLENTY of actual animated JP youtube stuff out there thats not on here, but a bandwagoner cover of a song thats barely months old is here? Its clear as day.
If that was the case, plenty more of Hololive stuff would be accepted instead of being rejected.

Btw, mods aren't the one submitting stuff, just approving them, so it's really a matter of someone submitting it in the first place.

Plenty of actual animated jp youtube stuff out there, but how many of those pass the "professional work" criteria? And how many of those that pass have actually been submittedf as an entry?

Of course hololive animation is more likely to get submitted as it has a large fanbase.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's a conspiracy behind it.

Jul 14, 2023 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
lost_time said:
abystoma2 said:

If the creator is considered a professional by MAL standards, then their other previously non-profesional animations can likely added too. But the doujinshi rule still applies, so fan animations (=animations using characters the animator doesn't have actual rights to) won't get accepted.

Jul 16, 2023 7:27 PM
Dec 2019
Castlevania is not in MAL but this is ? What a joke.
Jul 17, 2023 3:35 AM

Nov 2013
MasterMarkits said:
Castlevania is not in MAL but this is ? What a joke.
Castlevania is American animation, so literally not anime, yes.

Jul 17, 2023 10:24 AM
Jan 2009
Why is this even a listing on MAL? This is stupid.
Nov 12, 2023 3:43 PM

Mar 2019
I didn't like her voice haha.😝
Nov 27, 2023 9:14 PM

Jun 2015
BRUH I'm a massive Hololive fan but why is this here? Seriously... I've watched this video so many times but I'm not going to put this on my list. Ridiculous.
Read Toriko!
Mar 4, 1:28 PM
Jul 2019
Nice cover and still is great.
Apr 17, 12:59 PM
Mar 2019
Sounds faster than the original, even though it isn't.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.