Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was a special one for Chise and the students, felt like it was designed to test them physically and mentally.

I actually love the psychology of this episode with the cast. I'm hoping Chise learne a lesson of sorts this episode but the unique world of this show also fascinates me.
May 25, 2023 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
One truly, can only dream of such flexible working hours as Elias has, lol. Now, it would not be our Chise if she somehow did not draw some kind of problem on herself, cant have a nice camping trip now can we.

Fairies to the rescue ?
May 25, 2023 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
Having just got back from Scotland and the highlands it was really cool to see a Kelpie and Nuckelavee, two of the most famous Scottish folk tales. The Nuckelavee in particular was really scary.

Really good that Chise is getting some experience fending for herself and breaking her reliance on Elias. With everything that’s been happening lately, she’ll definitely need the training.
May 25, 2023 8:40 AM
Aug 2020
it was really a great episode,it is slow but very interesting.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 25, 2023 10:00 AM
Jan 2015
cool fantasy vibes
May 25, 2023 10:49 AM

Mar 2020
This episode embodied more of the fantasy vibes that Season 1 had, with all the creatures, and I liked that the two creatures seen this episode, the Kelpie and Nuckalavee, are actually part of Scottish folklore, which is a nice touch. This was an important trip for Chise, and it's nice to see her trying to fend for herself, instead of Elias always having to protect her. Hopefully this bit of training pays off as she always seems to be on someone's radar, in a negative way.

I will admit though, the investment that I had towards this show in Season 1 was much stronger than it is now, mostly due to Season 2 being in a much smaller scope of the world, but nonetheless, there were some nice visuals this episode to enjoy.
May 25, 2023 1:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course it wasn't going to be a chill trip, RIP Chise's hair though, they were finally growing
May 25, 2023 4:12 PM

Sep 2017
And just like that we're done with the camping trip. Thought it would be a few eps tbh. Woulda been a good chance to develop some of the new side characters more. Especially their relationship with Chise. But ok Chise did a thing and chilled the big ass salt water monster.
May 25, 2023 4:14 PM

Jun 2015
Brilliant eps and story as always as to be expected from The Magus bride. Like the new hair chop. Horrors must be destroyed
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 25, 2023 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
Chise's hand acting by itself? Well she's saved thanks to that atleast.
May 25, 2023 5:39 PM
May 2017
Very good to great episodes are commonplace in this series.

Chise is a monster. Cute but dangerous.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 25, 2023 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
Elias dividing his head in two like a pumpkin made me shiver in such an unpleasant way.

Another good episode.
May 25, 2023 6:33 PM
Mar 2015
It helps that her hand can transform
May 25, 2023 9:29 PM

Apr 2022
ahh man i was really liking chise's longer hair.
first half was actually a wholesome survival training, that creature's first appearance was pretty cool though.
May 25, 2023 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
The camping trip that has Elias more worried if Chise gets herseflf into danger, and the moment that he duplicates himself, it's just a shared fragment of his being that still is able to wach over her. And in an area full of creatures like the Kelpie or the man-eating each-uisge from Scotland-ish and Northern England, they're commonplace around the forest. Despite Chise still trying to understand Philomela and her roommate Lucy denouncing her for her hatred towards Sorcerers, the camping trip goes like usual. Only one day left before they're back at the College, and Lucy going for a toilet break, only to be caught up by a disturbance that Chise, Elias and Ruth felt that was discerning, being sucked clean of her magic akin to a typical life force.

Chise's converted dragon's curse arm opens up to possibilities, though in the weary darkness of finding a Nucklelavee who'll kill humans once spotted of its only weakness being of fresh water, this sea creature's attacks are out of the ordinary. Though Zoe's Medusa-like powers temporarily stops it, getting across the river is a must, and Elias in his duplicated state can't do anything, which Chise is trying to learn by not depending on him too much. The each-uisge becomes an ally to Chise, Elias and Rian by diverting its attention away by running to fresh water, and that oughta deal with the Nucklelavee, though it presents her with a warning of the horrors, which expunge the dragon's arm to destroy it completely. The each-uisge being offered Chise's hair as thanks for sparing their lives at the very least, and they're safely back onto the camping grounds.

A bone-chilling episode of the horrors felt, which this is just barely on the surface.
May 26, 2023 1:42 AM

May 2020
Not the kind of peaceful and full of fun camping trip till now, but slaying monsters and all is kind of an experience in itself. So Chise will take that.

Camping trip is over though, now I wonder if others would get the story of whatever happened when they were peacefully sleeping under the bright night sky.
May 26, 2023 3:48 AM

Feb 2014
This was an episode of two completely different halves, both of which were enjoyable.

The first half was a pretty calm and serene camping and training experience for Chise and the other students. Elias conveniently split himself in half so that one part of him stayed at his home while this other version went with Chise in the Scottish wilderness. We also got a bit more insight of why Lucy had a heavy dislike of Philomela and it's mainly down to her general hatred towards sorcerers. It does leave more questions about it, but I'm sure they'll be answered eventually.

The second half of the episode got more intense. The info about the fairies and folklore creatures in Scotland was fascinating, another one of them, a Nuckalavee, got onto the mainland and harmed Lucy when she went to the bathroom. This led to Chise and some of the other students to help out, which led to Chise and Elias getting help from an Each Usige, which guided the Nuckalavee towards a clean water lake before booting the Nuckalavee into the water. When it grabbed Chise's leg, she was finally able to fend for herself with her left arm transforming to rip the Nuckalavee apart.

It was surprising that she ripped off a bit of her hair to give to the Each Usige before it left. Either way, the danger was dealt with and Chise did a really good job overall. =)
May 26, 2023 5:59 AM

May 2015
This is the first time I see Chise so angry.
May 26, 2023 5:57 PM

Aug 2019
Please, not the hair again!!

Chise has acquired a new power
May 28, 2023 9:43 PM

Aug 2019
Ngl i also got taken agape when Elise just split himself, he's been around for so long you'd thought we've seen most of his tricks and also forget that he is also an oddity. Still half Elise was cool, loved how his body was composed of different animalistic traits.

Really interesting to see the curse in Chise's arm act like it did. Seems like a massive plot point that'll reintroduce Joseph and change a lot of Chise's story.

Props to Rein, his character is becoming more interesting the more we see him. My opinion of him has really shifted from when we first meet him.

Didn't expect Chise to cut her hair, I thought hair length was a important show of statues / power for mages and sorcerers? Or is that just for sorcerers? I guess it makes sense for her to do it tho, the Kelpie did save their life and a massive plot point seems to have arisen with the curse that'll change Chise's character.
Jun 6, 2023 1:55 AM

Dec 2022
thought chise would kill the horse
Jun 24, 2023 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
Fuck yea this is what I wanted to see, chise using her dragon powers and the darkness chasing after her. I wouldn't want it any other way, she must keep fighting the spirits.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 26, 2023 2:06 AM
Jun 2023
Monstrous out of control bodies must be my favourite trope. I hope this is not the last time we saw Chise´s ugly hand, the main star of this episode.
Aug 6, 2023 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
So we have another monster in Chise...oh great.
Aug 10, 2023 3:41 PM
Jan 2021
A Chise fica extremamente gostos- cof* digo... linda de cabelo curtinho~ 💖
Aug 14, 2023 11:14 AM

Aug 2019
well this is getting out of hand
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2023 5:17 AM
Dec 2022
The small half form of Elias is darn cute though. Who would have thought? Slowly Lucy is warming up to her roommate Chise. Chise has hidden powers that she can rely on in times of danger.
Nov 5, 2023 2:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally a decent episode, the best of this season!!!

CHise arm is very dangerous!!!
kekeke
Nov 5, 2023 5:23 AM

Nov 2010
Mini Elias is kinda cute. Haha!
Aw, I'm kinda sad Chise had to offer her hair, and she's back to having short hair again. Oh well.
I wonder who is the true culprit. It's either Veronica, Philomela, or both.
Jan 10, 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
this nuckelavee was kinda scary, but the one from RWBY still gives me chills
<-click
Feb 24, 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was a rather dangerous field trip, the students could've all died. Definitely has some Harry Potter vibes, the teachers there also had no idea what the fuck they are doing lol
Mar 6, 10:25 PM
Jan 2024
Episode 8 was pretty good
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
Im so tired of hearing Chise say no to things and try to assert consent and Elias ignoring it or always trying to find some loophole for his own wishes.
Starting from the first time they met forcing her to be bathed by him, be stripped of her clothes by him as she literally screamed no to specifically saying please don't come I want to do this on my own and he just subverts her wish knowing she is compliant. She rarely ever says no or wishes for something like this and she stood up and asked him not to come and she came anyway. It's just so frustrating to sit here and watch this and then have to listen to all the fans call his behavior sweet, cute, or romantic when it's just so horrifying to me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

31 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2023

36 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 9:20 AM

» Will we get a beach episode?

Catalano - May 24, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2023

68 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.