Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2023 4:40 PM
Dec 2017
according to some leaks it would seem that the director Ryu Nakayama will not return to deal with the project due to dissatisfaction of Mappa with the success of the anime.

Although these rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt, it has already been said that the CEO of studio mappa, Manabu Otsuka, despite the good results that the csm anime has brought, was disappointed by the poor sales of blu ray, comparing the result with Jujutsu kaisen, which had made much higher sales from this point of view.

Now, although the failure of Chainsaw man can have many interpretations, from the criticisms on the cgi, to some wrong choices on the casting of the voice actors, to not faithfully representing Fushimoto's trait in the anime, according to my point of view I think that the disappointment that this show aroused is that it was actually poor in content, 12 episodes well done, but that little or almost nothing was seen of what is actually chainsaw man, same thing in my opinion would have happened also to Jujutsu kaisen if they had made only 13 episodes instead of 24, Chainsaw man for me had to have 24 episodes, so as to be able to show in the 2 cour of the anime, what the work would have been able to convey to the public and the why he is so highly praised by manga readers. I would hate to see the season 1 director no longer helming the project, and I wouldn't even want a replacement movie for season 2 to be honest (since some rumors indicate there may be a movie). what do you think about it
May 25, 2023 1:23 AM
Oct 2022
Leon888 said:
according to some leaks it would seem that the director Ryu Nakayama will not return to deal with the project due to dissatisfaction of Mappa with the success of the anime.

Although these rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt, it has already been said that the CEO of studio mappa, Manabu Otsuka, despite the good results that the csm anime has brought, was disappointed by the poor sales of blu ray, comparing the result with Jujutsu kaisen, which had made much higher sales from this point of view.

Now, although the failure of Chainsaw man can have many interpretations, from the criticisms on the cgi, to some wrong choices on the casting of the voice actors, to not faithfully representing Fushimoto's trait in the anime, according to my point of view I think that the disappointment that this show aroused is that it was actually poor in content, 12 episodes well done, but that little or almost nothing was seen of what is actually chainsaw man, same thing in my opinion would have happened also to Jujutsu kaisen if they had made only 13 episodes instead of 24, Chainsaw man for me had to have 24 episodes, so as to be able to show in the 2 cour of the anime, what the work would have been able to convey to the public and the why he is so highly praised by manga readers. I would hate to see the season 1 director no longer helming the project, and I wouldn't even want a replacement movie for season 2 to be honest (since some rumors indicate there may be a movie). what do you think about it

absolutely correct! the bomb girl arc would have increased the hype of csm season 1 maybe even more than jjk s1

May 25, 2023 1:36 AM
Sep 2022
Leon888 said:

Literally based opinion
May 25, 2023 1:45 AM
Apr 2020
Leon888 said:

I’m glad. Hopefully they’ll get a better director that can capture the vibe of the manga
May 25, 2023 3:18 AM
Apr 2022
I disagree that if JJK only had 13 episodes it would’ve been received poorly. The draw of JJK is ultimately the charming personalities of the main cast. I don’t think CM’s characters are as endearing and in fact, the plot itself is the main interest of many CM fans, so it was doomed to feel unfulfilling when they only adapted the very tip of the iceberg.

With all that being said, I really do hope they find a better director that can stay true to the manga. I just want to see wild fight scenes and a story that is crazy with a deranged sense of humor. I don’t care what anyone tries to get me to believe, I just can’t empathize with a guy so affixed on sex and eating as his main motivations for life lol. That’s just too low of a bar a writer has to meet to reach acceptable character motivations at that point; the fruit is practically waiting to be scooped up off the floor .
May 25, 2023 3:36 AM
Dec 2022
I so much wanted a second season but seems MAPPA won't make that happen. Dammit, man.
May 25, 2023 4:12 AM
Nov 2020
CheliosX said:
I so much wanted a second season but seems MAPPA won't make that happen. Dammit, man.

There's leaks about a chainsaw man movie being in early production, so I guess we'll have the next arc in movie Form.
May 25, 2023 5:49 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
As a manga reader I was very happy with the director, idk why so many people complain about it
死だけが確実
May 25, 2023 6:40 AM
Jan 2022
Wait, I wanna know more about this rumored movie?
May 25, 2023 10:13 AM
Jul 2022
tbh doesn't matter, cos I think fujimoto is the one who made it look like an American movie
May 25, 2023 10:38 AM

Dec 2019
The show's reception in japan was lukewarm from the beginning. They took issue with creative choices just about every other episode. The first time Denji goes chainsaw mode, makimas shooting on the train, the infamous morning sequence in Aki's house. These were all controversial and, generally speaking, got shit on by the Japanese community.
They took the show way too seriously and way too slow. It looked too gritty, characters and actions weren't expressive enough, and the background music was used horribly save for a few scenes. There could be other people behind this, but it all comes back to the director.
He was canned because his decisions were bad and they received a ton of criticism, leading to embarrassing sales numbers. I don't know what's surprising about this.
May 25, 2023 11:06 AM
Nov 2022
I think voice acting was very good, especialy i dont see denji as any anyone else, main three is perfectly casted
May 25, 2023 5:24 PM
Mar 2021
I think the lack of content came down to budget and striving for high quality product. It would have done better with the extra 12 episodes, but we would’ve had to wait longer or be stuck with something of lesser quality. The CEO was also possibly disappointed because the studio put so much money into the project and came out with less Blu-ray sales than desired to make a decent profit.
May 25, 2023 10:45 PM
Feb 2022
o well I well I want season 2
May 26, 2023 1:41 AM
May 2023
on this so boring i think see
May 26, 2023 2:03 AM
Jul 2014
i am baffled as an anime only. the direction, the charahcter animation, and literally everything wqs wqy more enjoyable than anything in JJK S1. I am always disappointe din the anime community these days. everything gets shit on if it gets more popular than average,, does not matter the quality.
Ofc it was only 12 episodes, but it got me way more invested than JJK with 24 episodes. Literally nothing really happened in either of the 2 shows, but Chainsaw mans direction just made it really fucking enjoyable. Not to say that the charachters were a million times more interesting even in just 12 episodes.
May 26, 2023 9:59 AM
May 2020
Leon888 said:

I think you are completely right. Chainsaw man's anime conveyed too little of what the manga is all about. The episodes were done with quality, hell there was a new ending for all of the eps, in that regard all was well, but I guess it wasn't enough to peek new viewer's interest. I also think that there was nothing wrong with the CGI, in fact it was one of the best CGI I have seen in an anime.
May 26, 2023 10:03 AM
May 2020
Jestem_Stefan100 said:
I think voice acting was very good, especialy i dont see denji as any anyone else, main three is perfectly casted

I wouldn't say perfectly, Makima's voice actor was not the right one for Makima. Atleast in my opinion Makima had to have a deeper female voice, more husky and goosebumps-giving , not just another 13 year old's voice from a slice of life.
May 26, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2022
faszomkivanveled said:
i am baffled as an anime only. the direction, the charahcter animation, and literally everything wqs wqy more enjoyable than anything in JJK S1. I am always disappointe din the anime community these days. everything gets shit on if it gets more popular than average,, does not matter the quality.
Ofc it was only 12 episodes, but it got me way more invested than JJK with 24 episodes. Literally nothing really happened in either of the 2 shows, but Chainsaw mans direction just made it really fucking enjoyable. Not to say that the charachters were a million times more interesting even in just 12 episodes.

agreed and I love chainsaw too.
May 27, 2023 2:44 AM
Feb 2019
I'm an anime only, so might not know how it was supposed to feel compared to manga, but I loved every second of the show (the only complain from me might be the CGI in 1st episode). I hope with the change of director, the production of OPs and EDs won't have a change, cause I loved every single one of them. 
Well, whatever changes they deem necessary, I just hope we'll see second season soon enough.
May 28, 2023 11:34 PM
Mar 2022
licxtt said:
Leon888 said:

I’m glad. Hopefully they’ll get a better director that can capture the vibe of the manga

sense being spoken finally
Feb 20, 4:40 PM
Apr 2022
The director is just the fall guy. If mappa was unsatisfied with his work work, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. Csm's direction was decided to minute mappa funded the production entirely. AKA buying out the series.

Csm would have had the same result regardless who was the director.
Feb 21, 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to DEMSpirit
The director is just the fall guy. If mappa was unsatisfied with his work work, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. Csm's direction was decided to minute mappa funded the production entirely. AKA buying out the series.

Csm would have had the same result regardless who was the director.
@DEMSpirit
Wrong Japan isn't like the USA. You can't kick out staff before the contract expires unless they did something to break that contract. And no, it would not have had the same result, because most of the stuff people hate about it is directly CAUSED by the director. Do you even know what you're talking about here? Most of the haters hated the direction. Who do you think is responsible for that? The sound man?
Feb 22, 5:11 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to DmonHiro
@DEMSpirit
Wrong Japan isn't like the USA. You can't kick out staff before the contract expires unless they did something to break that contract. And no, it would not have had the same result, because most of the stuff people hate about it is directly CAUSED by the director. Do you even know what you're talking about here? Most of the haters hated the direction. Who do you think is responsible for that? The sound man?
@DmonHiro except whenever a director changes or studio changes, the production committee changes.

The production committee is responsible for providing resources usually money. In return they get the profits from the anime.

If an anime isn't continuing to adapt the source material, the anime usually lost the production committee insane amounts of money that no one else would dare take over.
Feb 22, 5:43 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to DEMSpirit
@DmonHiro except whenever a director changes or studio changes, the production committee changes.

The production committee is responsible for providing resources usually money. In return they get the profits from the anime.

If an anime isn't continuing to adapt the source material, the anime usually lost the production committee insane amounts of money that no one else would dare take over.
@DEMSpirit chainsaw man didn't had a production committee it was funded entirely by Mappa. It's the bet they decided to take as opposed with jjk or all their others series who them are funded by production committee.
Feb 22, 5:50 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to fishguzheng
The show's reception in japan was lukewarm from the beginning. They took issue with creative choices just about every other episode. The first time Denji goes chainsaw mode, makimas shooting on the train, the infamous morning sequence in Aki's house. These were all controversial and, generally speaking, got shit on by the Japanese community.
They took the show way too seriously and way too slow. It looked too gritty, characters and actions weren't expressive enough, and the background music was used horribly save for a few scenes. There could be other people behind this, but it all comes back to the director.
He was canned because his decisions were bad and they received a ton of criticism, leading to embarrassing sales numbers. I don't know what's surprising about this.
@fishguzheng What's surprising is that there could exist people like you who are able to be almost bizarrely stupid and misunderstanding of what series you're talking. "too gritty" "not expressive enough", "horribly used music" my fucking ass.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.