Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Fate seems to be a part of this series a lot.

It was a fine episode, that focused a lot on Chise's academy days again as well as her classmates. An interesting person to take note of is Rian, who imo is isn't afraid to take risks. Might be worth keeping an eye on him.
May 18, 2023 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
I am of the opinion that yes, how to use a gun should be indeed taught in schools ... i am also not joking.

Eey, the very always sad and gloomy girl got some bit of a spotlight this week, and to be fair to her circumstances, if i was living in that mansion ... i would be depressed like her all the time too. Her familiar, i presume it is that, looks interesting as well.

And is there a possibility, that Veronica is actually a nice person ? Next week, Squid Game: Th Scotland Edition.
May 18, 2023 8:42 AM

Feb 2021
Yesss we finally learn more about Philomela. I really want her to have more screen time.
Veronica seems nicer to her than I expected. Does she not actually bully her?
Isn't her Grandmother the woman who showed Chise around the College in the beginning?
EmbientMay 18, 2023 8:51 AM
May 18, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2022
A slow burn story but very well written with likeable characters…

May 18, 2023 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
A fine episode this week, that focused a lot on Chise's life around the college, along with a bit more on Philomela and the person she calls "grandmother". I would like to see more of Philomela in the coming episodes, as her past must be quite complex, since she feels so gloomy all the time. We're on to Scotland next episode and some camping, should be a fun, and a wild ride.

One thing I will say about the season so far is that while the show looks great visually, it lacks the "world building" and intrigue that Season 1 had, as it was a much larger setting with more rich fantasy atmospheres. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a pleasure to watch this part of the story with the College. Hopefully it picks up soon.
May 18, 2023 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
Loved it. although the anime gods got it a little wrong. I passed through Dresden once commuting between the airport and a train station. My taxi driver had some English, told me about his son working at the new intel factory there. Was super awkward me being British as we crossed a bridge with a huge panromantic of the town and pointed out a church spire which still stood standing after the city had been fire bombed into the dust. Was one of those moments I couldn't really say anything. Anyway dude got me to where I needed to be.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 18, 2023 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
College life is the norm for Chise and friends, though Elias still watches her from a distance with Adolf sharing his life's story. Philomela on the other hand, she's starting to be open to other people, though she still needs a bit more push. But with the mysterious letter, she is called back to her house to visit her grandmother, despite having already warded off her scent, especially to Chise. It's clear that Philomela was given the chance to go to the College thanks to Veronica who pardoned her, as the child of a parnt who stole the lineage.

Alice practicing with a gun, and is found out by a teacher, though he sympathizes with her that she is training as hard as she can, despite Renfred visiting Adolf and regretting his life decisions, wanting Alice not to end up the same as him. As both the senior and junior talks about life, the Bushcraft camp is the next anticipation as Chise remembers and wants to forget about her past experiences.

Like the episode title, it's "Slow and sure.", but setup episodes like these are still good.
May 18, 2023 1:25 PM

Aug 2019
Why are they wearing the squid game outfits lmao

Why did she hit her for the stupidest reason? Chise, you must rescue this girl from her awful family as soon as possible.

It's no surprise she's always depressed. Her grandmother is a dreadful person, and the others around her are all terrible.

Elias watching Chise haha. Of course he'll join them for camping lol.

WTF was that at the end?
May 18, 2023 1:40 PM
Mar 2015
No one is being honest here
May 18, 2023 3:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Feels bad for Philomela definitely... now we have Scotland Camping trip that's original for sure, but with how it ended things will get tenser
May 18, 2023 6:31 PM

Apr 2022
so they went camping wearing squid game fits, possible foreshadowing hmmm.
philomela is getting rough treatment and i feel for her.
also, elias watch from afar.
May 19, 2023 2:44 AM

May 2020
So yeah Philomela has it tough not only among her peers, but among her family members as well. That was such a smack on her face from that cane.. not the most loving grandma I see. Though guess she's at her limit too, won't be surprised if we see her doing something not-so-normal in coming episodes.

For Chise, it was an episode full of school activities and she's making friends too along the way. But hey the preview looked kinda ominous, really something which shouldn't be a site on a camping trip.. and much more a camping trip in Scotland.
May 19, 2023 3:30 AM

Feb 2014
The more Philomela gets screentime, the more I feel sympathetic of her. Not only does she struggle to get along with her classmates at college, but you can see that she's not well liked at home, either. Her Grandma, who summoned Philomela, looks to be the strict type, with how she used the heavy end of her cane to smack Philomela when she made one slight mistake of looking up without being told to do so. One thing that us viewers learnt was that Veronica was able to convince Philomela's Grandma to send Philomela to college in the first place.

While I do still have a slight suspicions of Veronica, it's nice to see her help out Philomela in this case. =)

With that, the class will now spend a good amount of time camping out in the wilderness of Scotland. Hopefully this will help Chise get along with her classmates even more, although the ending of the episode, as well as the preview for next time, hints that things will be more ominous and chaotic.
May 19, 2023 6:48 AM

May 2015
Yuru Camp, Magic Edition
May 19, 2023 3:56 PM
Sep 2018
Damn the slime hybrid teachers story is wild and gosh you feel sorry for Philomela having a crappy family ;(
May 20, 2023 1:15 AM
Oct 2021
i can’t wait for the camping ep next week omg
May 20, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
Elias is a damn stalker. Creepy behavior to match his face (or lack thereof).

Ok so the girl we all thought was using and bullying Philo is actually trying to bring her out of her shell and her family is shit? Huh? Why does bitchy violent  granny look familiar?
dragynfaerieMay 20, 2023 4:52 PM
May 21, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
A lot of stuff this episode but it was pretty chill. Did Elias follow her to the camp?
May 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Sep 2018
Elias getting just a little annoying with his overprotectiveness.

Chise in a new environment is nice and all, but I preferred the more variety of settings and the wonder that went with it. Still very enjoyable mind you. I do like the whole "major family" power struggles.
May 27, 2023 10:37 PM

Aug 2019
Love to see more character development for Renfred and Alice, they've changed so much it's hard to remember that they were antagonists at one point in s1. Renfred especially, can't help but feel a tad bit sympathetic for him after everything that's happened to him, dude just want's to get Alice on a good path that well give her a stable life.

Pretty big reveal about Philomela, she seems to be part of one of the seven families but isn't related by blood however still taking succession of the family? She's going to the college on her own accord but has to follow Veronica for some reason, also looking back on Rian's flashback, she use to look a lot more happy. Safe to say Philomela's family is really shady and gonna have big involvement for the story.

Elias being that tad bit overprotective by watching Chise in the shadows, but can you blame the guy in his position.
I actually loved how during Elias conversation with Stroud, instinctively or not, he waves back to Chise when she waves to Stroud not knowing Elias is hidden.

Overall a really good calm before the storm esc episode. Next ep looks packed like we're gonna get a massive plot point soon.
Jun 4, 2023 10:47 AM

Dec 2022
camping trip how fun
Jun 9, 2023 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
jeezus christ I almost fell asleep 3 times watching this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2023 3:48 AM

Oct 2019
A camping trip to Scotland sure sounds nice!
Jul 13, 2023 7:14 PM

Nov 2017
Elias is turning into quite the creeper, better watch out for him. Next ep looks nuts, stuff's about to fly.

Chise trying to become a good little normie. I wonder how they'll cover the tent? I'd like to camp in Scotland too, many would pay for the privilege, but it probably gets old if you're a Scottish forest ranger.
Aug 6, 2023 9:36 PM

Jul 2008
Were going to have to start liking Filo aren't we?

The plot thickens.
Aug 14, 2023 10:40 AM

Aug 2019
why do they always bully the kids of weirdos or bad people
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2023 4:38 AM
Dec 2022
Philomena's house is very mysterious. Her reasons for attending college not yet known. Camping for the college kids looks fun. The spy behind the bush intrigues.
Nov 5, 2023 1:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Camping seems to be a little more dangerous!
kekeke
Nov 5, 2023 4:41 AM

Nov 2010
I need Elias' invisibility powers in real life. One of my curiosities is wanting to observe random people's activities until I get bored of them. Nothing beats real-life drama, after all. Haha!

Sexy Veronica needs more screen time. I like her.
Jan 16, 11:31 AM

Apr 2021
There is so much set-up being established. Some sinister things happen in the background so I'm excited for when it ultimately will escalates.
Feb 24, 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Another slow episode, guess next time we'll have some adventures in the woods.
Apr 4, 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
Does no one find it uncomfortable that he literally stalks her all day, she can never have space from him even when she's trying to discover herself and make new friends. He gets jealous of her interacting with others and doesn't like that she can have experiences outside of him...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

32 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2023

36 by zaverix »»
Apr 4, 9:20 AM

» Will we get a beach episode?

Catalano - May 24, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2023

68 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Feb 26, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.