Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I laughed more in episodes 11 + 12 than in all the anime released in the past 5 years

New
May 14, 2023 8:03 PM
Oct 2017
I just finished rewatching this anime after 13 years, and I couldn't help but notice how I haven't laughed so hard watching an anime in quite some time. The show it's a bit dull for majority of the show, it's true, but episodes 11 and 12 are gold. This made me think about the difference between the humor in anime from 10 years ago versus those that are released recently.

I feel that most comedy anime of the past 5 years, which are popular especially among so-called "zoomers," fail to make me laugh. I wonder if it is a matter of generation, personal taste, or if actually humor in anime is getting worse, maybe because of the so called politically correct since ep 11+12 are lewd and today wouldn't be produced at all.

I would like to know what you think. Does anyone feel the same way?
May 14, 2023 8:15 PM
Aug 2020
Matter of personal taste, everyone has a different sense of humor
May 14, 2023 8:28 PM
Nov 2019
Matter of personal taste for sure. Also, it has nothing to do with a lack of lewdness. If you say that lewd doesn't get produced today at all, then you aren't watching anime very much. There has been a lot of lewd and over the edge animes, as well as some that are considered pretty much hentai. But I will agree that B Gata is pretty decent for it's age.
May 14, 2023 9:32 PM
Jan 2022
Dije said:
I just finished rewatching this anime after 13 years, and I couldn't help but notice how I haven't laughed so hard watching an anime in quite some time. The show it's a bit dull for majority of the show, it's true, but episodes 11 and 12 are gold. This made me think about the difference between the humor in anime from 10 years ago versus those that are released recently.

I feel that most comedy anime of the past 5 years, which are popular especially among so-called "zoomers," fail to make me laugh. I wonder if it is a matter of generation, personal taste, or if actually humor in anime is getting worse, maybe because of the so called politically correct since ep 11+12 are lewd and today wouldn't be produced at all.

The anime was great
May 14, 2023 9:46 PM
Mar 2021
Dije said:

The anime is awesome, can really relate to the things you said! You should definitely read the Manga, the anime is like 10% of the Manga. You get soooo much more content/context/development and a different ending in the Manga!
May 15, 2023 3:32 AM
Aug 2018
B Gata is great! I will say though that politically incorrect, over the top, and lewd humor are still very much common when you look for it. I would chalk this up to a matter of taste which is totally fine! We all like different things, of course.

Nice to see some love for B Gata H Kei!
May 15, 2023 4:05 AM
Jun 2021
Honestly, it has been a really long since I watched this anime last time so I have forgotten a lot of details

But the tension between Yamada and our male lead annoyed me a lot that I couldn't enjoy the comedy properly

But yeah the episode 11 & 12, as far as I remember were good enough to increase my rating for this show
May 15, 2023 9:52 AM
Apr 2020
Dije said:

Totally agree with the last episodes being funnier than the first ones. I really wish there was a second season but ik they won’t make it so I plan on reading the manga when I get the chance.

As for comedy not being the same as before, I think it’s true to a certain degree. I feel like older anime has a different vibe than the new ones, though that also applies to all forms of media in general, it’s only natural things change with time, whether for better or worse. There’s a lot of new anime that’s really good so hopefully you’ll find one you’d like. Not to mention that humor is subjective, so not everyone will view it the same. It’s definitely a mixture of what you’re mentioned (personal taste, generation, etc)

Although I agree that older anime in general had a certain vibe to it the new ones are missing today, but idk how to explain it lol.
May 15, 2023 8:14 PM
Oct 2020
i am so happy that people still talk about this anime, this was my first non-shonen anime and my first romance manga that i read so i have this anime on very high regard due to nostalgia.
May 15, 2023 8:18 PM

Aug 2020
Well for one, B Gata H Kei is actually a decent show with good jokes here and there. Unlike some modern garbage like Bocchi the Dogshit.
Keep scrolling
May 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Jan 2023
It makes me want to rewatch this series again, it's been a while... I do seem to remember the last couple of episodes being indeed really funny.
May 17, 2023 10:25 AM
Dec 2021
Personally, wonderful show 😌
May 20, 2023 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
honestly we should have more female echhi protags
May 20, 2023 2:28 PM

Apr 2023
I remember watching this series a decade or ago and yeah was pretty funny. Miss these kinds of shows tbh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 17, 2010

306 by vinnywizanime »»
May 30, 2:30 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jun 10, 2010

129 by vinnywizanime »»
May 28, 3:57 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

110 by vinnywizanime »»
May 22, 4:53 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - May 20, 2010

102 by vinnywizanime »»
May 21, 3:31 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 13, 2010

139 by vinnywizanime »»
May 14, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.