Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 14, 2023 2:30 AM
Jul 2021
Note: I haven't seen the series yet.

I just stumbled upon the MAL page of the series and read through the synopsis to see if I might be interested. The first sentence says "mankind becomes enslaved by previously hidden, power-hungry vampires who emerge in order to subjugate society with the promise of protecting the survivors, in exchange for donations of their blood" - so that sounds like the plot of The Strain to me. Am I wrong?

The Strain novel starts according to wikipedia from 2009 and the OnS manga starts from 2012 according to MAL.

So my question, does that sound similar to me only and would I find the story new to me despite the resemblance?
May 14, 2023 3:03 AM
Feb 2022
i like it a lot it is intresting story charachter are intresting and I just like vampires so I like it
May 14, 2023 3:39 AM
Aug 2022
Everything about Seraph Of The End is Perfect to međź’–
May 14, 2023 3:45 AM
Oct 2021
and here i was searching the strain on mal thinking it was a light novel lol
idk about the similarities between the 2 but if you are interested in this series you kinda have to commit to the manga as well cus you'll just be left with a bunch of unanswered questions.. i remember liking it but it doesnt really have a satisfying conclusion
May 14, 2023 1:18 PM
Dec 2022
Is there a new season for the anime, or will it not get any new parts later?
May 15, 2023 8:38 AM
Jun 2020
if you want a salty anime with a salty mc then this is the saltiest anime youll ever find
May 22, 2023 6:28 AM
Mar 2021
I have only read the first two volumes of the strain so I don't really know how the story unfolds after that.

But the strain is very different compared to seraph of the end. The strain is trying to be more realistic in it's approach while seraph just goes crazy with humans getting insane city destroying powers.

The setting is not really the same, the vampire "empire" and the humans "base" are not really something that can be found in the strain (atleast not the first two volumes).

So from what I know I would say that they are very different from each other, the only similarity are the vampires and even that is portrayed differently between the two series. I highly doubt that Seraph has taken inspiration from the strain, I believe it's just more of a coincidence
May 22, 2023 6:28 AM
Mar 2021
I have only read the first two volumes of the strain so I don't really know how the story unfolds after that.

But the strain is very different compared to seraph of the end. The strain is trying to be more realistic in it's approach while seraph just goes crazy with humans getting insane city destroying powers.

The setting is not really the same, the vampire "empire" and the humans "base" are not really something that can be found in the strain (atleast not the first two volumes).

So from what I know I would say that they are very different from each other, the only similarity are the vampires and even that is portrayed differently between the two series. I highly doubt that Seraph has taken inspiration from the strain, I believe it's just more of a coincidence

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.